Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Yes of course you should. But this isn't Canadian Health Care with equal access. The people who've spent money on owning one, two or three Z's before should benefit from their brand loyalty in times where supply is short. That only makes sense. That's the case in any business. When your cell phone company give you a better deal because you've been loyal for 5 or 10 years and they don't offer that exception deal to a brand new customer, you are quite alright with that I imagine.
Pretty sure new customers get better cell phone plans than loyal customers here in Canada 😂

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
If it follows along with the USA and everyone else's price scheme, it should be 56k Performance, I can't see it being over the 10k magic number between the trims. It is expensive, but the Supra here GR 3.0 starts at MRSP $68,460.

What's going to hurt the wallet is the taxes. We pay full 13% tax on top in Ontario, thats another $7200, putting the car in the mid 60s after taxes

Sad too, because we don't even get the 9" touch screen for that price tier

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
What's the difference?
It's all incredibly vague stuff, particularly now when cars are less distinctly one or the other.

I'd have said a sports car is oriented more towards balanced performance (turning, stopping, accelerating) where a muscle car is oriented more toward acceleration and cruising comfortably.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ But that's a "muscle car", not a "sports car" ... there is a difference.
What's the difference?
The definition has blurred more recently, but a "muscle car" tends to be all brawn and no finesse - it goes fast in a straight line, but can't do corners. (Some definitions also require a V8 engine.). Whereas a true "sports car" has far more finesse and can go around corners.

If they were the same, there wouldn't need to be two phrases. :)

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
The definition has blurred more recently, but a "muscle car" tends to be all brawn and no finesse - it goes fast in a straight line, but can't do corners. (Some definitions also require a V8 engine.). Whereas a true "sports car" has far more finesse and can go around corners.

If they were the same, there wouldn't need to be two phrases. :)
Yes, that's typically how I thought of the distinction. My buddy used to have an old Buick Skylark with torquey V8. I considered that a muscle car. Fast in a straight line getting going. And we took it up to 120mph once, but you wouldn't want to do a lot of turning.

My first car was an old 1965 Mustang, not something I considered a sports car. (Falcon sedan lineage.) But the latest Mustangs, the handling has likely improved quite a bit, blurring the lines.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Another very rough definition is often via the height (both the roof height and closeness of the seat to road) - a "muscle car" is usually more like a normal sedan, while a "sports car" is lower.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

for the people saying canadians get the best deal 😂 id rather be in other shoes when it comes to living in a home

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

for the people saying canadians get the best deal 😂 id rather be in other shoes when it comes to living it a home
These days it pays to be more a citizen of the world so to speak, meaning not tied down to one area or even country.

I bought 30 acres of wooded land a while back, in an EU country for a few thousand dollars. Having USA and EU citizenship, my family has various options in terms of living situations, depending on how things go.

Only thing is, no Z offered in that EU country. :(

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
We left White Rock, (just outside Vancouver) in 2015 for Vancouver Island. At the time housing was about half price. Everything where we are now has doubled since we've arrived. Toronto is just as insane. The Canadian government is printing money like it's wartime, inflation is brutal. I feel for anyone coming out of school now trying to get a home.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Our home, just north of Seattle appreciated 300% since we bought it in 2012.

I don't feel "proud" that our home is "worth" so much. This ain't right. Only those "in da game" can participate in real estate, and I truly feel bad for first-timers who don't possess generational wealth. Rents have been pushed way the hell up too.

House of cards, I reckon. I hope it all fucking burns!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Our home, just north of Seattle appreciated 300% since we bought it in 2012.

I don't feel "proud" that our home is "worth" so much. This ain't right. Only those "in da game" can participate in real estate, and I truly feel bad for first-timers who don't possess generational wealth. Rents have been pushed way the hell up too.

House of cards, I reckon. I hope it all fucking burns!
Do you guys have any government schemes to help first home buyers?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We have "HUD" which opens up lower financing rates and lower qualifications for the property. Also, I think HUD owns janky properties.
I never participated in it, I only know of it from hearsay.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/us-department-housing-urban-development-hud.asp
We have First home owners scheme, which means you get a lower deposit, and also get some money towards the house. Never used it either.
We have just had a change in government and it looks like there will be a new way to get in as well…don’t know if it will help much though

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
We have First home owners scheme, which means you get a lower deposit, and also get some money towards the house. Never used it either.
We have just had a change in government and it looks like there will be a new way to get in as well…don’t know if it will help much though
I just love how in England, Ireland, and Australia the word scheme is used to describe large scale projects or programs, while here in the US we go by the other meaning which is something shady, devious, or under-handed. I especially love the signs advising of the toll road scheme in Ireland. 🤣