Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I would contact nissan canada directly either through email or ig dm. I didnt even receive an email through nissan canada so i got curious and contacted them myself. They checked my order asked for my info and informed me my order is in their system ( i ordered from the dealership directly)
I tweeted them and have responded pretty quick to my questions. To summarize, they gave no info on allocations or dates of rough estimate of delivery .

Spoke to my dealer, they said the US would be getting all initial production units starting in July. Canadian fulfillment will follow later in the Summer - early Fall. I took that as August - September...

This is a high volume dealer in Toronto. I ordered directly from them prior to the public ordering system going live. He was also spot on with what to expect on pricing back in late January. Hopefully it's sooner than that but I'm losing my optimism.
401-Dixie? Lol

Spoke to my dealer, they said the US would be getting all initial production units starting in July. Canadian fulfillment will follow later in the Summer - early Fall. I took that as August - September...

This is a high volume dealer in Toronto. I ordered directly from them prior to the public ordering system going live. He was also spot on with what to expect on pricing back in late January. Hopefully it's sooner than that but I'm losing my optimism.
That doesnā€™t make sense. Why were we able to preorder?

I really don't understand such differences in what dealers are saying to customers.

My dealer tolds me late June / early July and he hopes it may be sooner.

But yours seems more pessimistic and he also seems to have better informations.

My dealer is a big one in Quebec city but I don't think that it's bigger than yours
Thatā€™s what she said

Gman5556

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru STI
That doesnā€™t make sense. Why were we able to preorder?
I'm working with Downtown Nissan. Dealers were able to book orders with Nissan Canada several days prior to the mass public system. My Nissan Canada order confirmation email is dated Feb 2 and I've seen ones posted 2-3 days earlier than that. The public system went up Feb 3. I started calling around as soon as that spec sheet was released in late January. Who knows if timing of the order even makes a difference.

Future6spZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Firstā€¦ ā€œprobably canā€™t afford itā€ šŸ˜† Iā€™m sure you know my financial situation ā€¦That is why I have one on order correct? And congrats on the 350z I also have one of those shitty cars and you sir got hosed for 45k for that plastic rattly underpowered car.

now Iā€™ll actually answer your question- I have been a long Nissan fan. Owning several 240sxā€™s, d21 trucks, Altima back in the day and currently have 04 350z, 94 silvia (built sr20 disco potato blah blah blah) and a 18 manual pro4x frontier.
Rolled a $75,000 Nissan Titan xd pro4x Cummins off their lot and had nothing but issues both quality and mechanical. Nissan didnā€™t want to do right on any of it. I ended up deleting the truck to better fuel economy and stop the constant check engines. They also tried to charge $600 for oil changes on that truck and wouldnā€™t honour warranty on paint defects. Traded it in on the frontier three months ago after 70,000km and Friday the frontier leaves for a 5.0 f150. The frontiers great for towing my grizzly 700 around but not my car trailer. Other then that Iā€™m currently putting a 1uzfe into my 84 celica but because Iā€™m so financially broke šŸ˜† Iā€™m having a hard time finishing it.
I must be crazy for wanting good quality when spending 75000-68000 after taxes.
im not bashing the car itself I just donā€™t think the car is worth 68kā€¦ Nissan is a bottom barrel manufacturer.

image.jpg
wish i could afford a home garage with a lift! That would be awesome

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
401-Dixie? Lol
401 Dixie.. I hate that dealer. Back in 09 I went to that dealer in search for a new 370Z. The first sales guy walks up to me and asks.. you sure you can handle this car.. I was like WTF do you know? So I moved on and found a second sales man and asked him for pricing. He said its pretty expensive and tried to persuade me on an 2.5 Altima instead. Needless to say I never stepped in that awful dealership ever again.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
401 Dixie.. I hate that dealer. Back in 09 I went to that dealer in search for a new 370Z. The first sales guy walks up to me and asks.. you sure you can handle this car.. I was like WTF do you know? So I moved on and found a second sales man and asked him for pricing. He said its pretty expensive and tried to persuade me on an 2.5 Altima instead. Needless to say I never stepped in that awful dealership ever again.
Yup. Not a fan of that place too.
Those comments are brutal. Who says that when trying to sell something? Lol wow

ZedNotZee

Not sure if I missed it, but is there a list of the cost of add-ons for our Canadian cars? On the USA price thread they're talking about $400 floor mats, $500 lighted kick plates, etc. The USA thread also shows that two tone and premium paint will add another $895-$1,695 to the price. I'm also wondering if there is an upcharge for the blue and red interiors and betting there is, although none is indicated on the USA list. Curious too that we pay $1,500 for the automatic and they don't, not that I'm interested in one.

All of the above means that the Performance MT could be quite a bit more than $58,498. It also means that the price difference between the Performance and the Proto could be quite a bit less than $5,750, which is a good thing. Last, it also means our American friends may be getting a Proto for only $1,300 more than a Passion Red Performance model: sweet deal.

With respect to the Proto, assuming you're one of the lucky few to get one, I wonder what actually driving it would do to its value as a "limited" edition model? I suspect that a number of folks who buy the Proto might keep them as garage queens in order to preserve their value, which would be a shame. Kind of like owning a '54 Strat and not playing it: I don't see the point.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Not sure if I missed it, but is there a list of the cost of add-ons for our Canadian cars? On the USA price thread they're talking about $400 floor mats, $500 lighted kick plates, etc. The USA thread also shows that two tone and premium paint will add another $895-$1,695 to the price. I'm also wondering if there is an upcharge for the blue and red interiors and betting there is, although none is indicated on the USA list. Curious too that we pay $1,500 for the automatic and they don't, not that I'm interested in one.

All of the above means that the Performance MT could be quite a bit more than $58,498. It also means that the price difference between the Performance and the Proto could be quite a bit less than $5,750, which is a good thing. Last, it also means our American friends may be getting a Proto for only $1,300 more than a Passion Red Performance model: sweet deal.

With respect to the Proto, assuming you're one of the lucky few to get one, I wonder what actually driving it would do to its value as a "limited" edition model? I suspect that a number of folks who buy the Proto might keep them as garage queens in order to preserve their value, which would be a shame. Kind of like owning a '54 Strat and not playing it: I don't see the point.
Still waiting for that actually

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z

Got this from my Dealer:

Options
Metallic/Pearl paint charge $135
2 tone TriCoat Metallic $950

Freight & PDE* $1,950*
Freight & PDE includes: Freight, PDI, floor mats, full tank of fuel and installed block heater cord. Prices exclude Excise Tax for Air Conditioning.

Z MSRP.jpg

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Got this from my Dealer:

Options
Metallic/Pearl paint charge $135
2 tone TriCoat Metallic $950

Freight & PDE* $1,950*
Freight & PDE includes: Freight, PDI, floor mats, full tank of fuel and installed block heater cord. Prices exclude Excise Tax for Air Conditioning.

Z MSRP.jpg
looks like we get a flat price for the 2 tone? red was more in the US

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
In all honesty, we're getting quite a bit for what a 60k sports car has to offer.

Twin turbo V6 with 400 hp, there isn't any car available around this price with this much power.
not true, theres a bunch. e.g regular mustang gt is 450hp and 44k cad

Johnnylahoang

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
Yeah I had American cars, not the most reliable cars out there. This Z is 3.0 compared to a mustang 5.0 engine. You're getting more power for less gas but smiles per gallons I guess. šŸ¤£

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Yes of course you should. But this isn't Canadian Health Care with equal access. The people who've spent money on owning one, two or three Z's before should benefit from their brand loyalty in times where supply is short. That only makes sense. That's the case in any business. When your cell phone company give you a better deal because you've been loyal for 5 or 10 years and they don't offer that exception deal to a brand new customer, you are quite alright with that I imagine.
Totally not putting yourself at the front of that queue *cough* šŸ˜

Really though, the people most interested and committed will be engaging with the dealers first, so I'm not sure anything too complex is needed.