West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I just love how in England, Ireland, and Australia the word scheme is used to describe large scale projects or programs, while here in the US we go by the other meaning which is something shady, devious, or under-handed. I especially love the signs advising of the toll road scheme in Ireland. šŸ¤£
Well I wouldnā€™t know about road tolls we donā€™t have any in Western Australia, which is one plusšŸ¤£

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Well I wouldnā€™t know about road tolls we donā€™t have any in Western Australia, which is one plusšŸ¤£
In my home state of Illinois USA, the tolls were supposed to go away, once the bonds were paid off for the original road constructions. But realizing a new revenue stream (and opportunities for grift), the controlling authorities decided the tolls were never going away, and we are stuck with them 60 years later.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
In my home state of Illinois USA, the tolls were supposed to go away, once the bonds were paid off for the original road constructions. But realizing a new revenue stream (and opportunities for grift), the controlling authorities decided the tolls were never going away, and we are stuck with them 60 years later.
Once a tax/toll is introduced, they never go awayā€¦I think thatā€™s government 101 worldwide.
20 years ago we had a tunnel built which cut traffic dramatically in one area, the authorities were intending for it to be our first toll road. The people complained and promised they would not use itā€¦in the end they caved and 20 years on we are still toll free

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Just did a little quick math on what an out the door cost may look like for me in Ontario. She be a spendy one. The Admin fee could be 0-whatevertheywant. EHF fee is the oil filter and tire tax

1654268621572.png

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Haggling / negotiating simply means that the seller greedily over-priced it in the first place to con someone into paying more. :(

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Well I'm out, cancelled my reservation a few minutes ago. Between the delays, the price, and the mediocre reviews it was just not there for me. Enjoy your cars everyone, adios.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
Well I'm out, cancelled my reservation a few minutes ago. Between the delays, the price, and the mediocre reviews it was just not there for me. Enjoy your cars everyone, adios.
that is sad news, i am on the borderline too. did you cancel it via nissan canada or directly throught the chosen dealership?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I donā€™t blame you. What you looking to get now?

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Dang, I'd love to see everyone here have a reasonable chance to get a new Z, at the MSRP price without drama/aggravations. But the whole new car scene right now, seems like one big aggravation. Makes me not want to participate.

I'd potentially be in for a 41k base, but in reality that seems a pipe dream.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
Okay I'm out too, cancelled my reservation. sad outcome but a relief too. maybe i ll come back in a couple of years when/if used cars start popping up with reasonable prices. Good luck everyone, hopefully deliveries start soon and the cars will worth it!

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Not suprised at the cancellations. Sad to see you guys go but it makes sense. Lack of communication, costs, cutting corners with lack of performance,
Paying premium for a overvalued car. The only thing keeping me in is because i already have waited and owning a Z has been in my books for a while now. Now summer is pretty much over and canada has stupid weather during this stretch i dont mind waiting till the new year now. Nissan has done a shit show of a release.