First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
O.K. then why would you put a deposit down on the Z if you have had all these issues with Nissan products.So if the car was 55k then all these problems wouldn't matter.
Everything has a price. 55k for a parts bin car would be somewhat reasonable .. the vehicle can be worked on yourself. I kept my titan for 100k and didnā€™t go back to the dealer other then issues with interior (door panel, seat, paintx3) that were covered under warranty. Sold it becuase crankshafts weā€™re breaking and support (parts) is limited on a truck they pushed to support but dropped after 4 years.
I love my silvia and also enjoy the 350z but Iā€™m giving my honest review on a few newer Nissans Iā€™ve owned and I really hope they can back the quality to the cost.. My
O.K. then why would you put a deposit down on the Z if you have had all these issues with Nissan products.So if the car was 55k then all these problems wouldn't matter.
thatā€™s literally what Iā€™m saying. 55k even tops 60k taxes in for mid line quality and performance is actually perfect. Thatā€™s a 48-53k price tag on the top spec z ā€¦ 40k base. This isnā€™t too much to ask and would of been a home run imoā€¦ the price doesnā€™t have me jumping at the z because of the other issues mentioned.
remember a base model 370z was only 30.5 in canada only a few years ago(2020). the new base z is Over 50% more then a base 370z was when last sold.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Everything has a price. 55k for a parts bin car would be somewhat reasonable .. the vehicle can be worked on yourself. I kept my titan for 100k and didnā€™t go back to the dealer other then issues with interior (door panel, seat, paintx3) that were covered under warranty. Sold it becuase crankshafts weā€™re breaking and support (parts) is limited on a truck they pushed to support but dropped after 4 years.
I love my silvia and also enjoy the 350z but Iā€™m giving my honest review on a few newer Nissans Iā€™ve owned and I really hope they can back the quality to the cost.. My

thatā€™s literally what Iā€™m saying. 55k even tops 60k taxes in for mid line quality and performance is actually perfect. Thatā€™s a 48-53k price tag on the top spec z ā€¦ 40k base. This isnā€™t too much to ask and would of been a home run imoā€¦ the price doesnā€™t have me jumping at the z because of the other issues mentioned.
remember a base model 370z was only 30.5 in canada only a few years ago(2020). the new base z is Over 50% more then a base 370z was when last sold.
I think we all had wished the price was going to be less but we all knew it would be decided by the US pricing and compared to the US we are paying less for the car considering the exchange rate. I rememember when the 370z came out and it was quite a bit more than the 350Z. The only reason the 370z was 30.5k was because it was near end of life and was a very stripped down version.As per Nissan and reviewers 80% of the car is new or using redesigned parts.I originally thought the price difference between the Sport and Performance was too high but if you start adding up the cost of upgrades it seems about right. LSD 4k-5k, wheels and tires 1k-1.5k, font and rear spoiler 1k, better seats and interior trim 2k,brakes 1k,sound and infotainment 1k,sport exhaust 1k and I'm probably missing some other things.When you consider it's main competion the Supra it's an 8k difference and we all know that the Supra is really a reskinned BMW with a Toyota badge and know reliability issues are common with BMW engines and electrical issues that tend to show up just after the warranty stops.I still think it's a little high, was hoping 55k plus taxes but 3.5 k more will not change my mind .

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
I personally am very torn! Itā€™s priced the same as my current Giulia Ti AWD which is a hard pill to swallow. Iā€™m going to sound like an Alfa Romeo fan boy in about two seconds and I realize both vehicles are in two very different classes but when basing on price I have to compare the two as I canā€™t afford to have both at the same time (although I wish I could!šŸ˜œ).

The first comparison is weightā€¦the Z weighs the same as my four door AWD Giulia! Granted in itā€™s class the Giulia is the lighter of the comparables. When it comes to performance options my Giulia has AWD (with a RWD bias that will let you put it sideways if one so choses), LSD, carbon fibre driveshaft, lightning quick ZF8 transmission with column mounted paddles, all aluminum suspension components, adjustable adaptive suspension, Brembo 4 pot brakes, a chassis designed/built/tuned by Alfa Romeo exclusively that outperforms anything else Iā€™ve ever driven and for about $3000 I can up itā€™s current 280HP to When it comes to tech it has Level II driving autonomy, Navigation and pretty much anything else you can need and finally an interior that is definitely very luxurious compared to the Z and being the touring edition is a great cruiser with the kids and wife.

Maybe with that last sentence at this stage in life I may not be ready for a ā€œtrueā€ sports car as I would definitely miss the cruising with the family aspect as we do it ritualistically every weekend šŸ˜Š

Very tough decision at this point šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I personally am very torn! Itā€™s priced the same as my current Giulia Ti AWD which is a hard pill to swallow. Iā€™m going to sound like an Alfa Romeo fan boy in about two seconds and I realize both vehicles are in two very different classes but when basing on price I have to compare the two as I canā€™t afford to have both at the same time (although I wish I could!šŸ˜œ).

The first comparison is weightā€¦the Z weighs the same as my four door AWD Giulia! Granted in itā€™s class the Giulia is the lighter of the comparables. When it comes to performance options my Giulia has AWD (with a RWD bias that will let you put it sideways if one so choses), LSD, carbon fibre driveshaft, lightning quick ZF8 transmission with column mounted paddles, all aluminum suspension components, adjustable adaptive suspension, Brembo 4 pot brakes, a chassis designed/built/tuned by Alfa Romeo exclusively that outperforms anything else Iā€™ve ever driven and for about $3000 I can up itā€™s current 280HP to When it comes to tech it has Level II driving autonomy, Navigation and pretty much anything else you can need and finally an interior that is definitely very luxurious compared to the Z and being the touring edition is a great cruiser with the kids and wife.

Maybe with that last sentence at this stage in life I may not be ready for a ā€œtrueā€ sports car as I would definitely miss the cruising with the family aspect as we do it ritualistically every weekend šŸ˜Š

Very tough decision at this point šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Well, looks like your not torn at all based on what I read what you have as your profile pic. Thatā€™s all good thought. I would keep the AR as well if I were you.

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
Well, looks like your not torn at all based on what I read what you have as your profile pic. Thatā€™s all good thought. I would keep the AR as well if I were you.
Haha, that may be true! My unfortunate move was giving up on the Z last year when the dealership told me they had no clue when it will be coming out (yet again!) after already waiting a couple of years which is when I decided to buy the Giulia only to get an email 6 months later for the preorder šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø Now Iā€™m really enjoying it!

As selfish as I can be, I love my finite family time and the current whip has increased that and has gotten my twin boys more involved with cars from completing the carbon body package on it with me to a slew of other things šŸ˜Š

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The Canadian pricing for me is coming in a bit higher as I probably never added all the charges into an "all in" number in my head. At $58,485 (or whatever) + 2K in Freight PDI, + a small charge for paint and some extra factory accessories I saw that are installed totalling to around 1K (not sure if its included but don't think so). NOW the tax for BC residents:

Purchase pricePST rate for passenger vehiclesPST rate for non-passenger vehicles
$0 - $54,999.997%7%
$55,000 -$55,999.998%7%
$56,000 - $56,999.999%7%
$57,000 - $124,999.9910%7%
$125,000 - $149,999.9915%7%
$150,000 and over20%7%

So because the Z jumped to 58K the tax is now 10%. Not sure on what total but this should roughly bring this car to 67K which is getting a touch high. Having said that, you do the same calculations (at the finance officers desk of death) and the Supra would be cracking 80K for sure. Signs O' the Times...

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I called my dealer today. Asked for the sales manager because the regular floor guys are still calling it the 400z. So, what happens? ā€œWe donā€™t have any news on allocations on the new 400zā€. Just hung up the phone. Weā€™re screwed lol

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I called my dealer today. Asked for the sales manager because the regular floor guys are still calling it the 400z. So, what happens? ā€œWe donā€™t have any news on allocations on the new 400zā€. Just hung up the phone. Weā€™re screwed lol
Yeah, don't blame you. šŸ˜‚

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah you'll never get a car that way. I worked with an owner of a dealership group and helped him develop a criteria for who to put on a list for real car allocations. Things like you had to have already owned a Z, you are buying locally and will get it serviced at the dealership, you aren't buying it to resell, you aren't buying it to take out of province...stuff like that. Not sure if they listened but I'm at the top of the list and will get a car in their first allocation shipment ordered to my spec.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah you'll never get a car that way. I worked with an owner of a dealership group and helped him develop a criteria for who to put on a list for real car allocations. Things like you had to have already owned a Z, you are buying locally and will get it serviced at the dealership, you aren't buying it to resell, you aren't buying it to take out of province...stuff like that. Not sure if they listened but I'm at the top of the list and will get a car in their first allocation shipment ordered to my spec.
I know it's been discussed here before, but that's (the bolded bit) one piece of criteria I don't agree with. The rest, reasonable to some level. This'll be my first Z, does that I mean I shouldn't get one?

We should be welcoming as a community, not exclusionary.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know it's been discussed here before, but that's (the bolded bit) one piece of criteria I don't agree with. The rest, reasonable to some level. This'll be my first Z, does that I mean I shouldn't get one?

We should be welcoming as a community, not exclusionary.
Yes of course you should. But this isn't Canadian Health Care with equal access. The people who've spent money on owning one, two or three Z's before should benefit from their brand loyalty in times where supply is short. That only makes sense. That's the case in any business. When your cell phone company give you a better deal because you've been loyal for 5 or 10 years and they don't offer that exception deal to a brand new customer, you are quite alright with that I imagine.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I should be one of the first too because I did it the week before it went online. I was apparently first on that dealer. So, I hope to get in July /august fingers crossed.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I should be one of the first too because I did it the week before it went online. I was apparently first on that dealer. So, I hope to get in July /august fingers crossed.
Yeah that's when I did it as well. First Sea Can is dealer cars and if there is room they will sprinkle in some of the first dealer allocations to customers who have a confirmed order at the top of their allocation list.

julien20vt

First Name
Jul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda CX-9
Here my dealer doesn't work like this apparently.
I managed to have one without being neither a previous Nissan owner nor a customer of this dealership

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The thing I didnā€™t understand is how the sales manager is still calling the 400. I thought the Canadian side was doing training on this car and if the sales manager doesnā€™t know then wtf is going on? i Could understand if itā€™s some random sales guy but cmonā€¦