FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The thing I didn’t understand is how the sales manager is still calling the 400. I thought the Canadian side was doing training on this car and if the sales manager doesn’t know then wtf is going on? i Could understand if it’s some random sales guy but cmon…
Hmmm I would move on to a different dealership then for sure. Dealers like that WILL NOT be getting allocations.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, at this juncture...everyone is so worried about GETTING a Z and not asking the right questions at all. After you get the Z you want to make sure you get it from a dealer that has a heritage of selling them...because that means they have service and mechanic guys who know how to work on them. That is the most important. You have no idea how a rookie can screw with your car. That's why I went where I did. Because I've had Zs before I know this can be as important as even getting one. We are, afterall, buying a new car with a warranty and that needs to be safeguarded by some level of service delivery.

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Yeah that's when I did it as well. First Sea Can is dealer cars and if there is room they will sprinkle in some of the first dealer allocations to customers who have a confirmed order at the top of their allocation list.
Dealers' cars? First I have heard of this. Does this mean there will be actual cars to test drive this summer/fall, or are these going to be showroom queens?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Hmmm I would move on to a different dealership then for sure. Dealers like that WILL NOT be getting allocations.
That’s what I was thinking myself. I can’t cancel now. But if I get an allocation I’ll be happy. Which dealers in the GTA will most likely get allocations?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, at this juncture...everyone is so worried about GETTING a Z and not asking the right questions at all. After you get the Z you want to make sure you get it from a dealer that has a heritage of selling them...because that means they have service and mechanic guys who know how to work on them. That is the most important. You have no idea how a rookie can screw with your car. That's why I went where I did. Because I've had Zs before I know this can be as important as even getting one. We are, afterall, buying a new car with a warranty and that needs to be safeguarded by some level of service delivery.
Good point but I guess I’ll ask that moving forward. Which dealers are known for this?

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Good point but I guess I’ll ask that moving forward. Which dealers are known for this?
You don't have to stick with the same dealership you bought your car from for service. It is a good idea to stay constant with the same dealer for service rather than going to 3 separate dealerships for service. This avoids the they worked on it last.. so they messed it up last. But as much as possible I try to avoid STEALERSHIPS servicing my car.

Reactions: FBD

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You don't have to stick with the same dealership you bought your car from for service. It is a good idea to stay constant with the same dealer for service rather than going to 3 separate dealerships for service. This avoids the they worked on it last.. so they messed it up last. But as much as possible I try to avoid STEALERSHIPS servicing my car.
I always go this particular one.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealers' cars? First I have heard of this. Does this mean there will be actual cars to test drive this summer/fall, or are these going to be showroom queens?
Oh you guys haven't heard this yet? Yes, first Sea Can to Canada will be all the dealer cars for whichever dealers are getting one (I can't imagine every dealer is getting one). My dealer owner has been told this directly from Nissan Corp. These cars cannot be driven whatsoever. They are there to look pretty and drive sales.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s what I was thinking myself. I can’t cancel now. But if I get an allocation I’ll be happy. Which dealers in the GTA will most likely get allocations?
Just do your due diligence with online reviews and research. Find out what dealerships have been GTR and Z platinum locations. Its not different than GM. Not every GM dealer is a Corvette dealership. Find out who sells them and the most and that's who you go to. It's not a democracy. I'm not sure why everyone thinks this.....???!!!! When you are going up against the other person trying to bid on a house and an apartment and you really want it do you think that process is fair??? It is not different with these cars. You need to be strategic. Not blindly trust naive salespeople on here, or dealerships that are still calling it the 400Z...? You really want to let that crew service your Z?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh you guys haven't heard this yet? Yes, first Sea Can to Canada will be all the dealer cars for whichever dealers are getting one (I can't imagine every dealer is getting one). My dealer owner has been told this directly from Nissan Corp. These cars cannot be driven whatsoever. They are there to look pretty and drive sales.
i heard this as well. No test vehicles

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
has anyone called their dealer to see if allocations are set?
I went to my dealer and they don't even have my order info in their system. I ordered mine in Feb when the online pre-order was open. I don't know how Nissan Canada works with dealers, but I'm a bit worried at this time

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I went to my dealer and they don't even have my order info in their system. I ordered mine in Feb when the online pre-order was open. I don't know how Nissan Canada works with dealers, but I'm a bit worried at this time
I would contact nissan canada directly either through email or ig dm. I didnt even receive an email through nissan canada so i got curious and contacted them myself. They checked my order asked for my info and informed me my order is in their system ( i ordered from the dealership directly)

Gman5556

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru STI
Spoke to my dealer, they said the US would be getting all initial production units starting in July. Canadian fulfillment will follow later in the Summer - early Fall. I took that as August - September...

This is a high volume dealer in Toronto. I ordered directly from them prior to the public ordering system going live. He was also spot on with what to expect on pricing back in late January. Hopefully it's sooner than that but I'm losing my optimism.

julien20vt

First Name
Jul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda CX-9
Spoke to my dealer, they said the US would be getting all initial production units starting in July. Canadian fulfillment will follow later in the Summer - early Fall. I took that as August - September...

This is a high volume dealer in Toronto. I ordered directly from them prior to the public ordering system going live. He was also spot on with what to expect on pricing back in late January. Hopefully it's sooner than that but I'm losing my optimism.
I really don't understand such differences in what dealers are saying to customers.

My dealer tolds me late June / early July and he hopes it may be sooner.

But yours seems more pessimistic and he also seems to have better informations.

My dealer is a big one in Quebec city but I don't think that it's bigger than yours