Anyone seen these hood risers & know how to get them down. Spun the Z on wet roads and caught back wheel on curb. These popped the hood open - can’t open or close hood

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Now you mention this….it makes me a little concerned that just a bump could do this.
We have massive speed bumps all over the place. If a bump is all it takes it’s a worry. If more than a bump is necessary then Nissan should pay

And that is why I never want to be the first to own any car.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Did any of the prior Zs - Z34, Z33... - have these? I doubt it. Any other current Nissan/Infiniti? This is not good for any intending to be tracked. Sometimes things happen, like spins onto dirt, hitting curbing, even bumping others unintentionally of course, what about towing situations? I wonder if they can be removed without any SES lighting up? That I'd prefer to do, disable it completely. Then not sure about any warranty issues. Dumb safety feature.
Apparently so.

https://conceptzperformance.com/nis...kit-nissan-370z-z34-65400-1ea-kit_p_23448.php

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
To OP, if the front end was not hit, then, it could be a warranty repair.... you can argue that.
That's Donalex's point, I believe.

The video said, it was "rebuilt"... the parts they used.
Did any of the prior Zs - Z34, Z33... - have these? I doubt it. Any other current Nissan/Infiniti? This is not good for any intending to be tracked. Sometimes things happen, like spins onto dirt, hitting curbing, even bumping others unintentionally of course, what about towing situations? I wonder if they can be removed without any SES lighting up? That I'd prefer to do, disable it completely. Then not sure about any warranty issues. Dumb safety feature.
none of them have it - new feature on 2023

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I forsee this being a mod people will do to deactivate them. Seems like a rather unnecessary expense for someone tracking, or drifting a car. As long as it doesn't pop any lights on the dash. I don't think many other cars on the market are equipped with features like this. Though, I have no idea. Honestly, until I saw the photo of the blue Z crashed out east Canada earlier this year, I had no idea a system like that existed.

I guess the idea is if I you happen to hit a person, they bounce up the hood rather than smashing face into the windshield ?

Something like this should be able to be .. disabled, reset into place like a shock absorber, then reactivated. Not a one time replacement :/

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
hmm this is concerning but seems like a freak occurrence? as you would think if this were a widespread issue where they were too sensitive you would have had reports from the reviewers who ran these on track reporting this. seems like they only activate between 12 and 37mph. I worry that would hitting a cone during autocross cause this?

the description in the owners manual says it can happen even when hitting snow or small animals when the bumper isnt even damaged. it even says going over a railroad crossing could cause it? so they think you should play $2400 for replacements if you go over train tracks too fast?

I agree this could be an insurance claim or even a nissan warranty claim if the front wasnt impacted.

The pop-up engine hood will not activate in the event of a side impact, rear impact or rollover collision.

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I forsee this being a mod people will do to deactivate them. Seems like a rather unnecessary expense for someone tracking, or drifting a car. As long as it doesn't pop any lights on the dash. I don't think many other cars on the market are equipped with features like this. Though, I have no idea. Honestly, until I saw the photo of the blue Z crashed out east Canada earlier this year, I had no idea a system like that existed.

I guess the idea is if I you happen to hit a person, they bounce up the hood rather than smashing face into the windshield ?

Something like this should be able to be .. disabled, reset into place like a shock absorber, then reactivated. Not a one time replacement :/
it uses an explosive charge to launch it quickly like an airbag thus it's a one time only deal

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/INNOVATION/TECHNOLOGY/ARCHIVE/PUEHFPP/