Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
I placed my order and gave the $1000 deposit. My dealership didn't give me all the details above but did say that if I didn't place the order within a few days, I likely wouldn't get the car until late summer (ie chip shortage etc). But he did say I could get it in early spring if I ordered quickly. This seems to be consistent with what's been reported above.

Once I signed the car worksheet, gave the deposit, etc -- I was asked to sign a "C&I Z Reservation Form" which was apparently sent to Nissan Canada. I wonder if it's these forms that are meant to allocate/designate that 1 DRS order for Nissan to prioritize.

It would be really exciting if the car were to arrive in March.
This was a nice customer service follow up email/confirmation that I got from my dealership today. I guess I'll likely get a follow up once it goes into production -- so I should know soon if I'll be among that first batch that arrive in March.

1643391656380-png.png

Stella

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 sti, 21 mach 1, 22 supra
Finally got a deposit in at a local dealer in south texas. $500 refundable. Got no adm in writing. They told me no solid dates of course, but I'm 3rd in line and expect fall at the latest. Buying a supra in a few days to hold me over, once the z arrives and I'm happy with the test drive will trade it in.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
This was a nice customer service follow up email/confirmation that I got from my dealership today. I guess I'll likely get a follow up once it goes into production -- so I should know soon if I'll be among that first batch that arrive in March.

1643391656380-png.png
My guy has been selling Zs since the 90's and so I trust him when he says "Don't hope on March, June is the most likely". March would be nutty for sure but seems too good to be true.

He also confirmed that it doesn't matter whether you pre ordered last week or on the last day (tomorrow), there is no priority list within the pre-order week.

There was really no reason to wait for the open queue because the $1000 deposit is fully refundable / you can cancel the order even after the car arrives on the lot (in fact it would benefit them if you cancelled, which I would only consider if it was priced north of 50k CAD).

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's the difference between the "pre-orders" and the "reservations" opening tomorrow? Trying to understanding if those of us with pre-orders get priority or is it all just a marketing ploy. My dealership made it sound like the pre-orders would arrive sooner -- but not sure that's true.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I placed an order last weekend at local dealership, today I received confirmation but no ETA yet.
Went to my Nissan dealer to place a preorder, but I didn’t get the email that. Maybe I should call the salesman and ask.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Went to my Nissan dealer to place a preorder, but I didn’t get the email that. Maybe I should call the salesman and ask.
Yes, please do and see what they say. Mine said that I have a bill of sale which is the confirmation. But I hear people still are getting confirmation emails from Nissan. I tried emailing Nissan reservation but get an error message back.

kwantum_shift

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Yes, please do and see what they say. Mine said that I have a bill of sale which is the confirmation. But I hear people still are getting confirmation emails from Nissan. I tried emailing Nissan reservation but get an error message back.
I put in my order on Jan 31, and they sent me a pic of the submitted pre-order screen the same day, but no email from Nissan yet... I'll update when/if it comes through.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I still haven’t received anything. I’m getting worried my dealer messed up.

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apparently, the Canadian pre-orders/reservations are now completely sold out. Nissan.ca no longer has the option of 'reserving' any of the 4 models.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I'm assuming this is for Canada only? All the U.S. dealers I have went to said they still don't have VINs, but I was more then welcome to leave a "deposit".

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm assuming this is for Canada only? All the U.S. dealers I have went to said they still don't have VINs, but I was more then welcome to leave a "deposit".
No one has vins, not Aus, not Canada, and I doubt even Japan.
Aus and Canada, both have orders and asked for specs…makes me wonder if they are making them to order so they sell every single one

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
When I asked my dealer they have all said no VINs either but to keep an eye out for updates any day now

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
When I asked my dealer they have all said no VINs either but to keep an eye out for updates any day now
The reason stores don't have VINs is because none have been reserved by the dealer.

They get an allocation (number of units), then they are able to choose from cars available (units in certain configurations targeted and/or completed for production) after a certain date. During an initial rollout, dealers take what they can get. After some time, they are able to specify, and only IF the factory is open to build-to-order.

And, again, Nissan is not taking orders from consumers.

The best way to get the car you want is to hookup with a large, trusted dealer and (maybe) they can do a trade with another store.

Reactions: V35