Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
The dealers when asked all have different answers. Some say July, some October some not until next year.
To some degree it will depend on where in the pecking order those dealers are. For example, the obvious thing for Nissan to do is give the first production run of cars to the higher-end dealers who will have more chance of selling them, rather than some tiny dealer in the back of nowheresville which might sell one new Z car in the next 20 years. :)

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
What blows my mind is how in this day-in-age of social media, having the news literally in the palm of your hand, yet some how dealerships are still oblivious. You would think seeing as the Nissan Z is one of their FLAGSHIP cars that Nissan corporate would be making sure every dealer knows the damn car by now. This roll out is just sad. Next week when the reviews release they better be nothing short of "this car is well worth the wait and an incredible bargain."

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ It's not going to be a bargain judging by the rumoured prices so far. The bargain sports car is still going to be the 86 / BRZ twins, which are cheaper (and of course not as "sporty", but still more than enough for most countries road rules).

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
^ It's not going to be a bargain judging by the rumoured prices so far. The bargain sports car is still going to be the 86 / BRZ twins, which are cheaper (and of course not as "sporty", but still more than enough for most countries road rules).
Agreed the twins are a decent price and reasonable to acquire. Although I read today, Toyota is suspending production lines for a week in May, cutting vehicle production by an estimated 40,000. Due to COVID related parts supply issues. Not sure which models will be impacted.

I don't see a way out of this COVID situation anytime soon. Especially with China's hair-trigger on COVID restrictions. I think the next several years will be an overall difficult and expensive time to be in the car hobby. The genie is out of the bottle so to speak, and restrictions/shutdowns are now more of a social/economic accepted thing. Getting a Z anytime soon and at a decent price might be a challenge.

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
Agreed the twins are a decent price and reasonable to acquire. Although I read today, Toyota is suspending production lines for a week in May, cutting vehicle production by an estimated 40,000. Due to COVID related parts supply issues. Not sure which models will be impacted.

I don't see a way out of this COVID situation anytime soon. Especially with China's hair-trigger on COVID restrictions. I think the next several years will be an overall difficult and expensive time to be in the car hobby. The genie is out of the bottle so to speak, and restrictions/shutdowns are now more of a social/economic accepted thing. Getting a Z anytime soon and at a decent price might be a challenge.
Is Subaru doing the same thing? Just wondering since the GR86 is basically just a rebadged Subaru built on their assembly line with some changes. I drove my father-in-law‘s 2020 Subaru BRZ Two weeks ago. It was nice but not as much fun to drive as my new Miata RF club. I am still interested in the easy but I am beginning to think the smart thing is to just keep my Miata and enjoy it for a couple of years until all of this dies down and then get the new Z.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Is Subaru doing the same thing? Just wondering since the GR86 is basically just a rebadged Subaru built on their assembly line with some changes. I drove my father-in-law‘s 2020 Subaru BRZ Two weeks ago. It was nice but not as much fun to drive as my new Miata RF club. I am still interested in the easy but I am beginning to think the smart thing is to just keep my Miata and enjoy it for a couple of years until all of this dies down and then get the new Z.
Good point regarding Subaru. In that case maybe low impact to GR86 production from any Toyota line shutdowns.

While excited about the Z, I'm also thinking of laying low with my current vehicles, and see what happens next year or so. Not that I ever really had a shot at an early Z.

Plus the focus should really be on putting Humpty Dumpty (my old Land Rover) back together again this summer. My wife (who enjoys driving the old rig) has kind of given the ultimatum, get it running or get it out of there. A new Z showing up right now, with several broken down vehicles in the driveway, would not go over so well.

P1170807_lr.jpg

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Good point regarding Subaru. In that case maybe low impact to GR86 production from any Toyota line shutdowns.

While excited about the Z, I'm also thinking of laying low with my current vehicles, and see what happens next year or so. Not that I ever really had a shot at an early Z.

Plus the focus should really be on putting Humpty Dumpty (my old Land Rover) back together again this summer. My wife (who enjoys driving the old rig) has kind of given the ultimatum, get it running or get it out of there. A new Z showing up right now, with several broken down vehicles in the driveway, would not go over so well.

P1170807_lr.jpg
Make your wife happy and you win many times over 🙈

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
I pre-ordered mine in February, but I haven't heard back from either Nissan Canada or my dealer in anyways. I'm just wondering for those of you in Canada who pre-ordered from the Nissan Canada website in February, did you get any updates from Nissan? I went to the dealer and talked to the manager at the dealer, they don't even have my order information in their system. I am a bit worried if I can get the car this summer or not.

order1.png
order2.png

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I pre-ordered mine in February, but I haven't heard back from either Nissan Canada or my dealer in anyways. I'm just wondering for those of you in Canada who pre-ordered from the Nissan Canada website in February, did you get any updates from Nissan? I went to the dealer and talked to the manager at the dealer, they don't even have my order information in their system. I am a bit worried if I can get the car this summer or not.

order1.png
order2.png
I’m not in Canada, but can tell you the situation is exactly the same here in Oz, pricing and specs but no ETA and the car is not loaded in the dealers system as yet

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
I’m not in Canada, but can tell you the situation is exactly the same here in Oz, pricing and specs but no ETA and the car is not loaded in the dealers system as yet
Looks like we are in the same boat. My dealer told me they have 40+ people on their waiting list. Probably only half of them can get the car this year.