Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I went to my local dealer and got put on the "waitlist" but was unable to initiate a pre-order or deposit (said they aren't taking pre-orders/reservations for the Z, only the Ariya online). They also said the first Z's they will get will be what Nissan lets them have and it'll be a bidding war for the people on the list. I'm currently #4 while the #1 guy bought two GTRs previously from the dealer and the second guy is a big tuner. I'll let them battle that one out haha. I won't be in the market until November/December when I pay off my trade-in.

This was in North Carolina last week.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I went to my local dealer and got put on the "waitlist" but was unable to initiate a pre-order or deposit (said they aren't taking pre-orders/reservations for the Z, only the Ariya online). They also said the first Z's they will get will be what Nissan lets them have and it'll be a bidding war for the people on the list. I'm currently #4 while the #1 guy bought two GTRs previously from the dealer and the second guy is a big tuner. I'll let them battle that one out haha. I won't be in the market until November/December when I pay off my trade-in.

This was in North Carolina last week.
Let me know if you get the car @ MSRP from the NC Dealer; I haven't had much luck with Nissan dealers in NC so def would be nice to get one local compared to my previous out of state purchases for Z/S4

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
I called up a local dealer here in Vancouver, Canada and they took a $500 deposit from me for a new Z. They asked me what spec I wanted too. Although they wouldn't tell me how many people are on the list ahead of me.

What's frustrating is that I missed out on the pre-order phase in February even though I had signed up for notifications about the new Z from Nissan Canada. Since I didn't follow any forums or their social media at that time, I had no idea they were doing pre-orders for it.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I called up a local dealer here in Vancouver, Canada and they took a $500 deposit from me for a new Z. They asked me what spec I wanted too. Although they wouldn't tell me how many people are on the list ahead of me.

What's frustrating is that I missed out on the pre-order phase in February even though I had signed up for notifications about the new Z from Nissan Canada. Since I didn't follow any forums or their social media at that time, I had no idea they were doing pre-orders for it.
Bummer. May i ask which dealership exactly? Because preorders were cut off in February at dealerships/nissan website also said they took enough preorders. Also the initial deposit was $1000

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
Bummer. May i ask which dealership exactly? Because preorders were cut off in February at dealerships/nissan website also said they took enough preorders.
I put my deposit down with Applewood Nissan Surrey. I tried King George Nissan first but they said they weren't taking any new orders. Hopefully this isn't just a way for them to take my $500 and hope I forget about it.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I put my deposit down with Applewood Nissan Surrey. I tried King George Nissan first but they said they weren't taking any new orders. Hopefully this isn't just a way for them to take my $500 and hope I forget about it.
If you received a refundable deposit from them and the $500 isnt going to kill you i’d say sit on it till either more info comes out to us in canada or usa. But as of now i didnt hear anyone putting deposits/preorders down after the initial time in February.

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
If you received a refundable deposit from them and the $500 isnt going to kill you i’d say sit on it till either more info comes out to us in canada or usa. But as of now i didnt hear anyone putting deposits/preorders down after the initial time in February.
Yeah that's my plan. Made sure it was refundable. So now just a waiting game.

My friend put a deposit down on a new GR Corolla, at this rate he'll probably have his car before we see any Z's on the streets.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Let me know if you get the car @ MSRP from the NC Dealer; I haven't had much luck with Nissan dealers in NC so def would be nice to get one local compared to my previous out of state purchases for Z/S4
I'm talking to the one in Gastonia right now. They seemed to be the most likely to get a Z(s) from what I've been told. I didn't ask anything about MSRP since the first couple they get are gonna be bids between the top people on the list. Initial conversations definetly lean towards good luck with MSRP at the start.

kwantum_shift

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Occupation
Automotive Technician
This is the same info us in Australia have been told. First cars late June early July
It's been widely speculated, just sharing that officially, Nissan Corporate (at least in Canada) has announced start of production