Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

kwantum_shift

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Did you guys order from the pre-preorder campaign from dealer allocations that ended January 26th or the online campaign from nissan.ca?
Pre-order campaign, it started Jan 26, ended Feb 2, I believe? I ordered Jan 31.

Edit: spelling and clarification

Last edited:

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
My dealer texted me on Saturday saying bookings are open. He's gonna call me today to place an order, I'll let you guys know how it goes

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m in Vancouver Canada, and just put a deposit down. They said I was No 3 but I know the dealer really well (we have an Xterra and my son has a Titan) so he winked and said possibly I could move up in priority...
Everyone I know has been told they are Number 3 "Wink wink nudge nudge..."

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My dealer texted me on Saturday saying bookings are open. He's gonna call me today to place an order, I'll let you guys know how it goes
You should search out and read the other threads before you put money down re: Canadian delivery dates etc. Most of us who secured an allocation did so before the Feb 3rd launch through a trusted dealer. I sat in the actual car a week ago. No cars on the horizon. First shipment to Canada are the dealer cars for July sometime. Some of the initial allocations for priority customers may make it in that Sea Can but probably not. Might be later in August or later still. My dealership took 10 priority allocation orders in January and of the 10 probably 3 will get cars. Then their list grew to 31 and that was months ago. They stopped taking orders and deposits. End times my friend. End times.

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
You should search out and read the other threads before you put money down re: Canadian delivery dates etc. Most of us who secured an allocation did so before the Feb 3rd launch through a trusted dealer. I sat in the actual car a week ago. No cars on the horizon. First shipment to Canada are the dealer cars for July sometime. Some of the initial allocations for priority customers may make it in that Sea Can but probably not. Might be later in August or later still. My dealership took 10 priority allocation orders in January and of the 10 probably 3 will get cars. Then their list grew to 31 and that was months ago. They stopped taking orders and deposits. End times my friend. End times.
Yeah I was surprised that they even took my deposit and that they texted me about open orders. I figured I was too late to the party having missed out on the official pre-order earlier this year. My hope is that a bunch of people dropped off the list and took back their deposits for some reason which opened up a spot for me. Maybe wishful thinking. Still waiting on a call back so we'll see.

Would be nice to have the car for summer but I'm not in any rush.

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
Just got a call from the dealer. Seems a lot of confusion is going on over there. Apparently they already placed an order for me in April. 🤷‍♂️

Johnnylahoang

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
I hear so many speculations and missed representation of information, I do not know what to believe until Nissan does their offical announcement.

I checked out the Car at Nissan dealership in North Vancouver and "this is what I was told by the Nissan Canada rep"

There are only 1,500 Z's being allocated to Canada, each dealership is only allocated 5 per dealership and it you were part of the pre order launch in February you will have first dibs.

They also said the car is sold out for at least 2 years so anyone who is putting a deposit now, may not get a chance to onw one for a while. They themselves are not taking anymore deposits. (not sure if the rules apply to every dealership in Canada)

No dates on when car will be delivered. I asked about June/July as per the posts and they laughed at me and said it's not promising.

This is what I got from my experience at the dealership when they invited me in to see the vehicle.

Anyone else can share their experiences?

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
I hear so many speculations and missed representation of information, I do not know what to believe until Nissan does their offical announcement.

I checked out the Car at Nissan dealership in North Vancouver and "this is what I was told by the Nissan Canada rep"

There are only 1,500 Z's being allocated to Canada, each dealership is only allocated 5 per dealership and it you were part of the pre order launch in February you will have first dibs.

They also said the car is sold out for at least 2 years so anyone who is putting a deposit now, may not get a chance to onw one for a while. They themselves are not taking anymore deposits. (not sure if the rules apply to every dealership in Canada)

No dates on when car will be delivered. I asked about June/July as per the posts and they laughed at me and said it's not promising.

This is what I got from my experience at the dealership when they invited me in to see the vehicle.

Anyone else can share their experiences?
My dealer in Surrey seems to have little idea what's going on and their salespeople seem to be all mixed up. I think they're too used to selling Versas and Micras that they don't know what to do. I asked about the Proto Spec (a longshot) and they didn't know what I was talking about. They also wouldn't tell me how long the wait list is. At this point I'm just waiting and whatever happens, happens.

Johnnylahoang

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
My dealer in Surrey seems to have little idea what's going on and their salespeople seem to be all mixed up. I think they're too used to selling Versas and Micras that they don't know what to do. I asked about the Proto Spec (a longshot) and they didn't know what I was talking about. They also wouldn't tell me how long the wait list is. At this point I'm just waiting and whatever happens, happens.
LOL! yup, I see them advertising on Facebook market place doing a "presale" launch with deposits. I called for fun and they still called it the 400Z which made me doubt them.

My dealership in North Vancouver did mentioned, once the car arrives and I am not 100% sold on the car or price, they will work down a list of customers that put in inquires after the the sold out pre launch but they are not taking deposits since they are only getting 5 Z's and it's for the ones who placed the pre order in Feb.

deuter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
LOL! yup, I see them advertising on Facebook market place doing a "presale" launch with deposits. I called for fun and they still called it the 400Z which made me doubt them.

My dealership in North Vancouver did mentioned, once the car arrives and I am not 100% sold on the car or price, they will work down a list of customers that put in inquires after the the sold out pre launch but they are not taking deposits since they are only getting 5 Z's and it's for the ones who placed the pre order in Feb.
Man, I wish Nissan sent me that pre-sale email after I signed up for notifications last November :rolleyes:. Probably won't see a car until end of 2023 at this rate with the dealer playing games.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’m going to get out the broken record again….but this is the main problem. Not the delay so much, but the lack of information forth coming from Nissan, not just in Canada but everywhere.

Here in Australia we know they just did their media meet ups, and the media were told that cars are still expected mid year by Nissan Australia corporate and that was only last week.
We are supposed to be getting offical prices in the next day or two, although they were leaked early.
The dealers when asked all have different answers. Some say July, some October some not until next year.

I refuse to believe that all dealers are dodgy and so to me it points to a bad line of communication from the top down.
there is no consistency, no real answers…and this is what frustrates people more than anything.Dealers should get information ahead of the press in my opinion, as they are dealing with the legit buyers.

On the Aussie page we have even discussed the possibility that Nissan Global, has forgotten to tell Nissan Aus that the cars are delayed…I mean sure I’m hoping for July but seems a long shot when the rest of the world is later…but yet mid year was the release timeline given to the media.

Meanwhile the 86 is now here and BRZ not far away, Supra manual could be here early 2023, and 2 years on with Nissan we are still just waiting for honest factual information.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask.

As I said, I’m trying to stay positive for that mid year release….but perhaps as others have said, we have just been forgotten about, time will tell…hopefully this week we should know more

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Same old news pretty much dealerships dont know shit all and spitting out random misinformation. We’ll see what happens when this embargo lifts this weekend.