DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Funny thing is they did 5/100 on the Titan....because they know no one is going to drive that gas guzzler 20K a year. I owned mine over 15 years and it only has 88K on it, it's all I can afford to feed the damn thing!
Right now you should probably put it up on blocks....

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Right now you should probably put it up on blocks....
I'm fortunate. Changed my job at beginning of year, very close to work now, only visit a gas station once every 3 weeks.

I'm actually hoping to buy a new truck if the prices tank on them. We need a truck. I use the truck for truck stuff. I usually drive a regular car otherwise.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I've mentioned it before, but it seems as though Nissan is deliberately delaying the new Z so to that Airya can be first. When I spoke with my local Nissan dealership, the sales manager offered that theory up also, his thoughts were that Nissan hasn't communicated much, but Airya ordering opened up a while ago, and at one time Nissan did communicate that Z would be last.

And I'll say it again, if that's true, it's a dick move by corporate Nissan to stick to their "A-Z" guns. It is so incredibly difficult to build BEV in this era, getting components and supplies for BEV is far worse than building an ICE vehicle. If that's what Nissan is doing, it means that the Z is held up while the Airya struggles with production, merely to have A before Z.
If I remember correctly, it was either Dan himself or somebody at Nissan who said in an interview that they really had to fight to have the new Z made. That should tell you right there where corporate's priorities are. I suppose I don't blame them, as two-seater sport coupes are a dying breed...

But if you're comin' on.... COME ON

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
If I remember correctly, it was either Dan himself or somebody at Nissan who said in an interview that they really had to fight to have the new Z made. That should tell you right there where corporate's priorities are. I suppose I don't blame them, as two-seater sport coupes are a dying breed...
Same for Corvette C8. Engineers wanted to make a mid-engine Corvette for a long time (since '70s?).
Finally, it happened in 2020.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
completely off topic from everything that's been discussed but do you like your 2022 Pathfinder. They are a freaking nightmare to get and when I get some money saved up that's what I wanna get for my wife. I love it and it fits what we need. Sense you have had it what do you think of the Pathfinder?
The Pathfinder has been great and I have no major complaints in the almost 1 year of ownership. I can be picky about my vehicle's likes and dislikes so I don't say that lightly. And.. I really appreciate that it takes regular unleaded fuel.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
If you guys are getting them June, and Aus has now had confirmation for end of June, July then the time for tinkering is over …they would be in production.
Junes only three months away and transport will take a few weeks
they know exactly what they have, and that my friend is the concern
We don't know that they've started mass production or not. Is there any evidence of this? Which means final tweaks and adjustments can still be made. I can agree, major change is unlikely at this late stage, but they can also still be working on tuning and finalizing the engine response/output. Or anything else that just needs a software update.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We don't know that they've started mass production or not. Is there any evidence of this? Which means final tweaks and adjustments can still be made. I can agree, major change is unlikely at this late stage, but they can also still be working on tuning and finalizing the engine response/output. Or anything else that just needs a software update.
They can't be fiddling with the anything that they've already applied for certification. Even changing the gearing would be off the table, as it would affect any standing or pending EPA approvals.
Only thing they can mess with this late in the process would be content and color.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
They can't be fiddling with the anything that they've already applied for certification. Even changing the gearing would be off the table, as it would affect any standing or pending EPA approvals.
Only thing they can mess with this late in the process would be content and color.
Sorta my point, maybe they delayed rollout by adjusting and finalizing the vehicle right up to the last minute, now they're waiting for all the approvals/paperwork to go through.

Tud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Ram............. Not looking to trade in
Occupation
Retired
As my post states I can't imagine Nissan would not make a Nismo version for the Z. However the focus is just simply on getting the car to market for now. 2024 is the estimate I would make for a Nismo
I agree, Lets get the regular Z before we worry about NISMO

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Sorta my point, maybe they delayed rollout by adjusting and finalizing the vehicle right up to the last minute, now they're waiting for all the approvals/paperwork to go through.
What are you referring to regarding a delayed rollout? Has a delay been announced?

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
What are you referring to regarding a delayed rollout? Has a delay been announced?
Maybe delayed was too strong a word. I was only responding about the lack of information from Nissan regarding performance, price, etc.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
This is an old chassis, a engine that's been around, same old probably under braked Akibonos, and Nissan level interior. That center console looks ultra cheap and hard plastic. $44-45k Performance 6-spd.

I hope they addressed the issues from the Infiniti's. That's all they need is bad press from a half-fast attempt in the Z.

June is late. April/May much better.

Dealerships high-fiving each other with how they are going to go in dry on enthusiasts with ADM because they are super intelligent not even giving the consumers most likely to sing your praises or demise, that tout the brand and your business, a reach around. The only thing they enjoy more is ripping off a single mom with a 580 credit score.

Each passing week at this point makes me think about a new 86 with a bunch of tires, brake pads, suspension, and supercharger for track use. Or a M240i for a nice place to be in interior that will blow the doors off of a Z or Supra. Maybe a Supercharged Mustang GT. Or a used Cayman/Elise/Exige... Lots of options.

It's honestly getting very frustrating.