therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Can YOU talk to someone from Nissan to find out the answer? OR is anyone from Nissan on this forum to give us the answers?
As much as I wish I had the power to call 1-800-4-NISSAN and get to the bottom of it, unfortunately I don't.

However, it may be worth throwing your question in here - https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...mit-your-questions-for-discussion.407/page-32 - and tagging Dan, as he's been pretty responsive (when time permits/he's allowed to comment).

I'd hope we could get a bit more information now that embargo lifted, etc., but only one way to find out!

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
As much as I wish I had the power to call 1-800-4-NISSAN and get to the bottom of it, unfortunately I don't.

However, it may be worth throwing your question in here - https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...mit-your-questions-for-discussion.407/page-32 - and tagging Dan, as he's been pretty responsive (when time permits/he's allowed to comment).

I'd hope we could get a bit more information now that embargo lifted, etc., but only one way to find out!
To be fair this is the guy that said everyone wanted a 50k z lol

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I'm saying I did on my old bertha, but you certainly don't have to with the latest 1LEs, and definitely not with the ZL1 1LE. They are track weapons from factory.
I kinda like the 1Le and not a huge GM guy

video is a track friend with His new bone stock ZL1 1LE. He wasn’t pushing it in corners but kept waving me up to drag race on straight. He is mad my 6cyl canwalk his supercharged v8

I have driven this white one around the track. Really like it. Favorite part is the linear power curve. Mine is kind of hard to control

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Really cool to hear him heaping praise on Nissan for refining the VR30DDTT for this car.

I'm of the many that have been following this motor since late 2015 and I'm painfully aware of its shortcomings as well as a couple resulting hardware revisions it received in MY17 and MY19 in the Q cars relating to the turbos, accessory pulleys, and cooling. It's very promising that he beat the piss out of the car and didn't make it overheat.

I remember his first drive of the Q50RS with direct adaptive steering. It was not good. He basically bailed out of the test because he had no idea what the front wheels were doing - basically his steering inputs were not translating into action with the front wheels... like they were trying to correct for him while he was correcting.