Status
Not open for further replies.

riverrun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Just sharing some answers that Dan provided to the questions below (in quotes).

Hey Dan wanted to ask a few questions on behalf of the forum members based on feedback ive observed from everyone taking in both the pricing release and well as the initial media reviews today

First up can you speak to Nissan's decision to price the Sport and Performance $10K apart without an "in-between trim" that for example the Japanese market got. That's a sizeable jump even with the performance being very well equipped.

The Transmission option( and interior choice on the performance) being no cost was a bit of a surprise as well. It seems simplicity in both pricing and trim is an over arching theme for this introductory year with room for some tweaks going forward in the years to come. would that be a good assessment?

Most importantly...many have been along for this ride from the Proto reveal to the production reveal and now to this phase of price and reviews revealed. We have to be getting close to the final phase of this 2 year roll out... Can you provide any insight as to what the next phase for those wishing to place an order for the car should be. We have learned the release is now summer but when can customers expect to be able to communicate with their dealership and begin the process of securing their own Z?

Can you provide any timeframe of when dealers will receive allocation info and projected production numbers for the US market?

We mainly just want to know what to expect as far as how limited or not these Z will be starting this summer and into next year.

Will customers be able to actually place build to order from the factory or will this be a process of trying to match customer orders with incoming inventory already built. Some members have expressed concerns that it will it be dealers having to take what they can get at first leaving customers without many options.
Wow, hello there, this is a lot of questions, and I hope to answer most of them.

1) The difference between the Sport and Performance, as you pointed out, is sizeable. From LSD to larger screens to aero to brakes, wheels, tires, seats, etc. etc. it is certainly worth it. As for the why, there was extensive research done, and the determination was for the grade strategy that we got. In the future there could be possible changes, but that'll be based on customer demand. We can certainly bench race about what Z owners will do with their Sport models (I've already had extensive discussions with enthusiasts and builders of all types).

2) Transmission - yes - simplicity in offerings is key, and this not only is for Z, but if you look at Nissan's overall lineup, we have streamlined offerings for a number of models.

3) Ordering. As you've pointed out, there is no pre-order activity for the Z in the U.S. market. The vehicle is due to arrive at dealerships this summer - so we recommend you contact your local dealership immediately if you're interested in getting one. I am not sure of exact timing but I know that allocations are happening soon, so to be the first on your block, please contact your dealership today.

4) Good question - but we cannot provide production numbers for the U.S. market - but for allocation, please contact your dealership. They should have an idea already (or quite soon) of what they may be getting in stock.

5) So in the end you're asking about limitations for the first year. As we've seen with every exciting new vehicle, ramping up and fulfilling customer orders takes awhile. Add in supply chain issues and it may take a bit longer. And then there's Proto Spec, which are 240 only for the U.S. market. This summer Z deliveries will begin but it will be more slow and steady vs. a big blitz. Our dealer body will certainly do all they can to match up customers with vehicles initially, and customers will be able to custom-order their vehicles immediately (timing of delivery however is unclear due to said supply chain and transport issues). I know it's a lot to ask but the teams here, along with our dealer partners, are literally doing everything we can to make sure we get the best possible Z out there.

Thank you and the forum members so very much. We know that patience is running short, but I promise you - this thing is worth the wait.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
@Dan_Passe, when can we expect the build and price tool to be available?

AnalogMan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Subaru WRX, Mustang GT
What exterior colors will be available with which interior colors (or vice versa)? It seems there are three interior colors available - all black, or black with either red or blue trim. What exterior colors can those be packaged with?

For instance, can the blue exterior be packaged with the red interior?

Thanks!

Drakonis GTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
What exterior colors will be available with which interior colors (or vice versa)? It seems there are three interior colors available - all black, or black with either red or blue trim. What exterior colors can those be packaged with?

Thanks!
I'm kind of curious about this myself. Are all of the colors interchangeable, or are they only going to have certain interior colors with certain exterior colors. And if the latter is the case, will they allow a special ordered Z to deviate from that?

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z

Thanks!
1652883184808-png.png

Tell me if this shows up OK?

Drakonis GTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Hi Dan,
I realize that you have probably been getting hammered on this subject, but is there even a hint as to whether or not Nissan plans on making a Nismo version? The Performance version is nice and all, but a few of us would really like to see a version with more power (50+ would be nice), better brake cooling, better suspension, more aggressive styling, basically all of the things one would hope for on a true performance model.

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Hi Dan,
I realize that you have probably been getting hammered on this subject, but is there even a hint as to whether or not Nissan plans on making a Nismo version? The Performance version is nice and all, but a few of us would really like to see a version with more power (50+ would be nice), better brake cooling, better suspension, more aggressive styling, basically all of the things one would hope for on a true performance model.
Thanks for your note. Sorry, can't confirm NISMO at this point. Future info will come out in due course. Again, apologies.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Hi @Dan_Passe

Will Canada receive the cars first before the U.S.?
Since the preorders started earlier?

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Dan, many reviews say the Bridgestone tire significantly detract from the cars handling. Any chance there’s a change for the production cars?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Dan, many reviews say the Bridgestone tire significantly detract from the cars handling. Any chance there’s a change for the production cars?
No. It's already been confirmed that's it's a Bridgestone tire. Nissan ain't gonna change that for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.