FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
For we Canadians this is the one piece of his thinking that is of most interest, because if Nissan does follow previous trends when it sets Canadian pricing it will be eating about half of the currency conversion vis-a-vis the US (I and others have laid this out elsewhere here). This should bring the performance trim into the $52-54k CAD range.
Agree completely. And this is a CHEAP sports car. Come on Canadians you know this. the Supra is 20k more (just priced one at a dealership at 72k). The same Cayman with a 4 cylinder is around 80k and the 6 cylinder Cayman is 115k ish. Where can you get a sports car for that price that you can tune and dial the turbos up like that? Its going to be fast, especially if you spend a little on it. It could be 911 fast if you give it 500hp.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Agree completely. And this is a CHEAP sports car. Come on Canadians you know this. the Supra is 20k more (just priced one at a dealership at 72k). The same Cayman with a 4 cylinder is around 80k and the 6 cylinder Cayman is 115k ish. Where can you get a sports car for that price that you can tune and dial the turbos up like that? Its going to be fast, especially if you spend a little on it. It could be 911 fast if you give it 500hp.
This right here. All facts

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Either give us real info or stop reposting year old info and saying Soon™. People are getting super turned off nissan, treating your customer base like they are children with posts like this doesn't help. Tl;dr:
Screenshot_20220309-154045_Chrome.jpg
What more is there to say. If the head of communications doesn't even know pricing how can we? My main goal was to inform everyone that the rumors of a release in August is untrue as of now. The world is kind of on fire right now so yea it's hard to get exact details on anything. I mean from the time the production model was launched it will be less than a year the car hits the market in 4 different countries. I want things to hurry along but if it's not perfect people are gonna bitch. If it takes to long people are gonna bitch. It can't be helped with the nightmare the market currently is and I'm sure Nissan doesn't want to hold it any longer than they already are.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
There will most likely be a Nismo version. When is the main question. I'm betting 2023 or 2024 at the latest hopefully. Any later than that I think those waiting for it will pick up something else. Best to get it out while the hype is up, myself included.
I expect 2024 at the earliest honestly with everything that's going on. The 350Z took 4 years to get a Nismo and with Nissan struggling to get cars like Sentras, and Versas to dealers the Z getting a super limited trim wont make things better.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Not offering a Nismo version when they just made the new GT racecar based on the new Z would be a huge mistake, as myself and others would only buy the Nismo version or move onto something else.
I'm willing to bet that you having nothing to worry about in the way of a Nismo version.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I'm willing to bet that you having nothing to worry about in the way of a Nismo version.
I would think it would be super irresponsible for Nissan NOT to do a Nismo. Let's release a new Z then just not give it the best options Nissan offers on a Z. It will come just timing will vary.

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
Another month of no info. Thank God the new twins are sub 300 hp cause I keep looking at them but then reminded of the power.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I would think it would be super irresponsible for Nissan NOT to do a Nismo. Let's release a new Z then just not give it the best options Nissan offers on a Z. It will come just timing will vary.
Yes that would pretty much be leaving money on the table, which I highly doubt they would do.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Based on a Z34.5 chassis don't we already know the overall architecture of the platform has remained the same? distribution will be about the same and we know the weight (Canadian spec sheet) and it'll be faster than the 370z. Unless of course y'all didn't own a 370Z.
I don't know about that really. The car has clearly gotten heavier, and it seems like there's a good chance that the weight balance will move forwards on account of the new engine & associated plumbing.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Sorry, McLovin, hopefully that didn’t take too much of your time as it was a waste. I’m sure Dan is a fine guy and all, but really he has not provided any insider info of substance. All of this info can be found via Google. And to not have any performance metrics at this stage is laughable.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
Sorry, McLovin, hopefully that didn’t take too much of your time as it was a waste. I’m sure Dan is a fine guy and all, but really he has not provided any insider info of substance. All of this info can be found via Google. And to not have any performance metrics at this stage is laughable.
We can stay positive. It's possible they don't want to provide firm performance metrics yet because they are using every minute they have to work on delivering the best performing Z they can. ?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We can stay positive. It's possible they don't want to provide firm performance metrics yet because they are using every minute they have to work on delivering the best performing Z they can. ?
If you guys are getting them June, and Aus has now had confirmation for end of June, July then the time for tinkering is over …they would be in production.
Junes only three months away and transport will take a few weeks
they know exactly what they have, and that my friend is the concern

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I don't know about that really. The car has clearly gotten heavier, and it seems like there's a good chance that the weight balance will move forwards on account of the new engine & associated plumbing.
The new Z will be heavier with turbos, plumbing, sensors, more tech, and such. Though 80-160lbs isn't going to throw the dynamics of the car off to the extremes people would believe.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I mean you try and pump out a car in the worst auto market sense WWII and tell me how it goes. It's easy to throw stones when you have no conceivable way of understanding the magnitude of effort that goes into launching a new car.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
I stand by this. Nissan doesn't want the car to suck by any means and if this car fails god help the brand. Nissan wants to deliver and no matter how "perfect" things may be there will be people that complain. This is meant to be an AFFORDABLE sports car, not the killer of all sports cars.