First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
If you guys are getting them June, and Aus has now had confirmation for end of June, July then the time for tinkering is over …they would be in production.
Junes only three months away and transport will take a few weeks
they know exactly what they have, and that my friend is the concern
Being forward about things I wouldn't put info out about the car to any of us monsters. Everyone picked the Supra apart and any time information is given out to early it almost kills the project before it even gets off the ground. Hell the weight of the sport model was released and people acted like it weighed as much as a damn Challenger. I hold the car to a high standard but I still measure it in it's means and it seems like all everyone does is bitch about it.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Another month of no info. Thank God the new twins are sub 300 hp cause I keep looking at them but then reminded of the power.
This talk mostly help disprove several of the rumors that were running around. Plus got some nice help from a great guy who is here for us. Like I said in my post go to Zcon or any of the other big events and chat with Dan. You will understand.

Reactions: FBD

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Manufacturers can't really do anything about dealer mark ups. I knew this but that's the way it is.
They can do something. They can build enough. I was at my local Nissan dealer yesterday, and to my surprise, they had 7 Titans and 14 of the new Frontiers, in EVERY version offered on the lot. Not even "in transit".
So, something is "unclogging" because a few weeks ago there were no trucks there, not for several months.

Nissan should delay the output of some vehicle to allow enough Zs to be made. Would the world really miss a few Rogues not getting made?

Can you help us understand a reasonable definition of what Dan (and you) mean by the term "Launch"? I love the idea...but I'd like to be launching my new Zed by dumping the clutch.
OK, I see you keep spelling "Z" as Zed. I reckon since you are from Canadia, I gotta ask...

Was the 370Z also pronounced "370Zed" in Canadia?

Would the vehicle title in Canadia spell out "Z" as "Zed"? I'll be damned if they do! ?

I'm no expert on Canadia, although I live near and visit Vancouver often....just never picked up on the unique spelling of the letter Z when I go there....
?? ??

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I would think it would be super irresponsible for Nissan NOT to do a Nismo. Let's release a new Z then just not give it the best options Nissan offers on a Z. It will come just timing will vary.
I mean technically they ARE giving it the best options they have for a Z, since there's nothing better available.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I don't know about that really. The car has clearly gotten heavier, and it seems like there's a good chance that the weight balance will move forwards on account of the new engine & associated plumbing.
Let’s do a thought experiment and say you’re right for just a minute. Are you going to spend 20k more for a Zupra, live with the cheap plastic underpowered twins (albeit great chassis and balance) or trust that 5 decades of racing and production experience will e sure this is even better than the 370Z? There’s a big difference pulling up in one of the eco twins and pulling up in a Zed.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They can do something. They can build enough. I was at my local Nissan dealer yesterday, and to my surprise, they had 7 Titans and 14 of the new Frontiers, in EVERY version offered on the lot. Not even "in transit".
So, something is "unclogging" because a few weeks ago there were no trucks there, not for several months.

Nissan should delay the output of some vehicle to allow enough Zs to be made. Would the world really miss a few Rogues not getting made?

OK, I see you keep spelling "Z" as Zed. I reckon since you are from Canadia, I gotta ask...

Was the 370Z also pronounced "370Zed" in Canadia?

Would the vehicle title in Canadia spell out "Z" as "Zed"? I'll be damned if they do! ?

I'm no expert on Canadia, although I live near and visit Vancouver often....just never picked up on the unique spelling of the letter Z when I go there....
?? ??
Hey yes. That is exactly it. Canada is part of what is know as the Commonwealth of Britain. So is Australia and South Africa etc. In Canada, we follow British spelling and grammar. So we spell "recognize" as "recognise". In many instances the "s" replaces the American usage of "z". And when we recite the alphabet (not that any one does anymore), when we get to the X, Y, Z...we ALL pronounce "Z" as "Zed". No one in Canada has ever call it the Nissan "Zee". That's our British inheritance. I'm assuming it is the same in Australia? We must sound completely alien, but when I think of calling it the Nissan "Zee" it just sounds so...not as aggressive and on the attack as "Zed" haha.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Hey yes. That is exactly it. Canada is part of what is know as the Commonwealth of Britain. So is Australia and South Africa etc. In Canada, we follow British spelling and grammar. So we spell "recognize" as "recognise". In many instances the "s" replaces the American usage of "z". And when we recite the alphabet (not that any one does anymore), when we get to the X, Y, Z...we ALL pronounce "Z" as "Zed". No one in Canada has ever call it the Nissan "Zee". That's our British inheritance. I'm assuming it is the same in Australia? We must sound completely alien, but when I think of calling it the Nissan "Zee" it just sounds so...not as aggressive and on the attack as "Zed" haha.
So, why spell it out as Zed? Is that the way y'all would spell it? That's why I was wondering if it would go on the vehicle title as "Zed". Just "Z" seems too short as a name on an official document!

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would think it would be super irresponsible for Nissan NOT to do a Nismo. Let's release a new Z then just not give it the best options Nissan offers on a Z. It will come just timing will vary.
Here is another point to consider. All of the Nismo's have been during the era of the NA engine run. So they've tuned them, exhaust maybe, suspension etc. My 370Z had way more power than a Nismo from the quality of bolt ons I had on it.

Now think back to the era of the Z32TT, but also the MarkIV. There were no Nismo or track versions of these cars. Why?? Because they were TT and to get more power meant you didn't have to go down the road of costly bolt ons, you could just boost up the turbos, more boost, waste gates, exhaust maybe, but not even.

With the present Zed TT imagine releasing a Nismo. And I think they should of course because of the racing program. But imagine someone paying an additional 7k for the Nismo. And then I take my performance trim to get tuned and end up getting 500hp at the wheels. Get my point? The twin turbo strategy almost nullifies the need for a Nismo, save for the tweaking of tires and brakes and suspension, that, let's be honest, resulted in a trim package that took the horse power from 332 to 350 and added 6 ft lb of torgue. They should still do a Nismo, but my point here more radically is don't worry about 160lbs extra on the Zed and thinking its going to be slow. Be thankful there's a decent clutch and tranny and carbon drive shaft and a real LSD. Tuning it and giving it another 100 or 150hp will become a healing balm to everyone's tortured nightmares about whether the Zed gained a bit of baby fat. Why do the tail lights remind us of the Z32? Because that was Nissan's undisputed golden age of the Zed. And now with Twin Turbos we are back.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Let’s do a thought experiment and say you’re right for just a minute. Are you going to spend 20k more for a Zupra, live with the cheap plastic underpowered twins (albeit great chassis and balance) or trust that 5 decades of racing and production experience will e sure this is even better than the 370Z? There’s a big difference pulling up in one of the eco twins and pulling up in a Zed.
Yes but in Aus you can buy 2 86s for the price of a Z, and if approx costs are to be believed, you can buy a Supra for around 10k more ( or 7k US)
So it really comes down to how much this car is actually going to cost us

Last edited:

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, why spell it out as Zed? Is that the way y'all would spell it? That's why I was wondering if it would go on the vehicle title as "Zed". Just "Z" seems too short as a name on an official document!
No no. "Zed" is just a phonetic way of spelling the sound. It remains only ONE letter. "Z" !!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Disagree…I call it the Zee….and I’m in Aus, dint know, maybe it’s coz I’ve been hanging around in this forum too much and the guys from the US have rubbed off on me, or maybe because of all the clips I’ve watched about it I’ve become accustomed to Zee
But I’ve never called it a Zed, some of the other Aussie guys may be different

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes but in Aus you can buy 2 86s for the price of a Z, and if approx costs are to be believed, you can buy a Supra for around 10k more ( or 7k Aus)
So it really comes down to how much this car is actually going to cost us
Here in Canada the twins are 33k-35k. The Z (I'll defer to the single letter from hereon) will be 10-15k more and an order of magnitude of difference. But I take your point. There are for sure regional economic considerations that come to bare upon these decisions.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Disagree…I call it the Zee….and I’m in Aus, dint know, maybe it’s coz I’ve been hanging around in this forum too much and the guys from the US have rubbed off on me, or maybe because of all the clips I’ve watched about it I’ve become accustomed to Zee
But I’ve never called it a Zed, some of the other Aussie guys may be different
I stand corrected! And from hereon I'll use the Z in the singular to cease being annoying. But nobody in Canada refers to it as a Zee. However, "Zee" is the official name. The US is the original and driving market of this wonder.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
The new Z will be heavier with turbos, plumbing, sensors, more tech, and such. Though 80-160lbs isn't going to throw the dynamics of the car off to the extremes people would believe.
Well I hope you're right and if its distributed appropriately I'd probably agree, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I'm in a different market to you, so the value proposition between the cars might be a bit different. That said I won't be shopping for the supra regardless, as I don't want an auto in my sports car. If I were going that route I'd go for a Mustang GT instead.

I have a feeling the "cheap" twins are going to cannibalise the Z sales here if Nissan proceeds with the pricing they're trying to warm people to (AUD 45k vs AUD 80k). I like what I've seen of the Z so far, but it's still unproven. The only thing I trust is that Nissan will do what benefits them most, which is why the omission of key information concerns me.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well I hope you're right and if its distributed appropriately I'd probably agree, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I'm in a different market to you, so the value proposition between the cars might be a bit different. That said I won't be shopping for the supra regardless, as I don't want an auto in my sports car. If I were going that route I'd go for a Mustang GT instead.

I have a feeling the "cheap" twins are going to cannibalise the Z sales here if Nissan proceeds with the pricing they're trying to warm people to (AUD 45k vs AUD 80k). I like what I've seen of the Z so far, but it's still unproven. The only thing I trust is that Nissan will do what benefits them most, which is why the omission of key information concerns me.
Completely agree, I mean it’s not as if we are not use to paying more for cars…it’s just the way it is due to government fees, dollar and our wage rate….but it’s what you get for that money.
If the twins are half the price and are decked out ( for instance has the larger infotainment with bells and whistles) then at the very least you would expect the same from the Z.
If you bought a 86 or BRZ for 40k Aus, you could do an awful lot of work both in terms of mechanical and body for an extra 30k and still be under what the Z may cost us

Having said that…I really do want the Z, I hope they don’t let us down