Sponsored

27 manual shift knob replacement?

jliuod

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
39
Reaction score
37
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Integra Type S. 2026 Nissan Z Performance
I was thinking of replacing the stock shift knob for a while now. I was very hesitant as the horror stories I heard on the difficulty level of removing the stock knob. I saw a video of this person who removed the stock shift knob with ease. He used a fairly heavy duty strap wrench. I looked it up and it is readily available at Amazon. The brand is Value Max two piece strap wrench set that cost $19.99. Received it today. Pretty heavy duty compares to other strap wrench I had in the past. I used a microfiber towel to cover the shift knob and put this strap wrench to the test. I was surprised I was able to loosen the knob first try. Still I had to continue forcefully kept turning the knob. Eventually I removed it without drama. No damage to the stock shift knob at all. So it is possible to remove this shift knob afterall!
 
OP
OP

barncobob

Member
First Name
robert
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
Placerville, CA
Car(s)
24 LC500
Occupation
retired
very interested. Did U have to remove the console and put some type of mechanical clockwise resistance resistance on the shaft to counter the counter clockwise of the shift knob being removed.
 

jliuod

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
39
Reaction score
37
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Integra Type S. 2026 Nissan Z Performance
very interested. Did U have to remove the console and put some type of mechanical clockwise resistance resistance on the shaft to counter the counter clockwise of the shift knob being removed.
Not at all. I just put it in neutral.
 
 






Top