Sponsored

Search results

  1. 27 manual shift knob replacement?

    Recently upgraded knob in my '24 Performance MT with no problems at all, and no damage to factory knob either. >>> https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/chonk.10915/
  2. FAO Nissan: Glossy Black Interior Surfaces — Not Good

    No sweat. And yes, my kit arrived with an additional screen protecter cut for the main instrument display behind steering wheel, as well as three more protectors cut for the three dash gauges. IMO these additional pieces make zero sense considering the main instrument display already has a...
  3. FAO Nissan: Glossy Black Interior Surfaces — Not Good

    Yes, the kit comes with precut pieces for display area itself, all eight buttons below the display, and for top surfaces of the two rotary knobs. Just make sure you order "Anti-Glare" version and NOT the "HD" version if you are wanting to protect against reflections, glare, and fingerprints...
  4. CHONK!

    If you used the additional nut that threads on below the thread adapter, that may explain the additional height on yours. I wound up not needing that additional nut because the threads on adapter already managed to perfectly lined up the shift pattern when knob was fully tightened down. Bottom...
  5. CHONK!

    Yes. the adapter converts the knob's internal thread to whatever the shifter lever thread happens to be for whatever vehicle it's being mated to. Here's what it looks like. It Should work fine if that's the aesthetic, dimensions, weight, and feel you're after. Here's the comparison chart for...
  6. Floaty feeling in sweepers?

    I went with Silver's NEOMAX adjustable coilovers fitted with their upgraded Swift springs option, and Z1 for the front/rear sway bars. Spring rates are the their default spec of 14k front/8k rear, but they will build to whatever spec you desire if requested when ordering.
  7. Auxiliary Driving / Fog Lights install - behind grille

    If you check this other post of mine [HERE] where I share details of upgraded audio system you'll see a couple of photos of the battery compartment exposed. In that area there's a large, rubber, OEM grommet that I used for routing both the 1/0-gauge power cable for audio and the trigger lead for...
  8. CHONK!

    Nice. Yeah, I'm lovin' it. Curious about your photo above; It looks like your CHONK may be sitting up a little higher than mine based on how much of the plastic shaft trim piece is visible compare to mine. Is this true, or just an illusion?
  9. NISMO Low-Glare/Wide-Angle Mirrors

    Fantastic. In fact, that's when they benefit the most by reducing glare from headlights behind.
  10. CHONK!

    Simply drilled out the threads a bit on inside of original plastic trim piece with a large unibit so that it fit around the Billetworkz thread adapter. The second photo in OP shows that piece installed over the thread adapter and on top of boot after the internal threads were shaved, and the...
  11. Floaty feeling in sweepers?

    Coilovers and sway bars easily solve that, along with proper tires and alignment of course. Once I had that done to my Performance MT it actually feels better than my NISMO.
  12. CHONK!

    No need to, thankfully. I did order Billetworkz aluminum boot retainer along with the CHONK, but because of the way the CHONK is design with large opening in bottom it allowed the OEM boot trim to mate perfectly with it inserting inside after just a slight modification to its inner threads, so...
  13. CHONK!

    Yeah, I've heard all the horror stories as well about removal from fellow Z owners who have attempted it. In fact, I had already made an appointment for my dealer to remove it because I had resigned myself to not tackling removal myself due to all those reports for fear of damage. Anyway, I got...
  14. NISMO Low-Glare/Wide-Angle Mirrors

  15. CHONK!

    Nissan's thread spec, which is 10x1.25
  16. CHONK!

    Just the knob for now. Been considering the Stillen short throw shifter kit though as it claims to have some interesting isolation technology that other similar kits don't. Going to first spend some time with this CHONK upgrade for a while before making a decision on the short throw kit as it...
  17. CHONK!

    Hi, here ya go. :-)
  18. CHONK!

    Had the exact same sentiment. Found this one and it changed all that.
  19. CHONK!

    Awww yeah! Over 1.5-pounds of solid stainless steel shifting bliss. Amazing quality craftsmanship, fit, finish, and feel. Also sits substantially lower than factory knob, which I dig.
  20. Boosted 6 Autoworks Carbon Fiber Accessories

    Agreed. Got the entire B6A kit in matte. No nasty reflections, glare, or fingerprints like glossy produces. Love it.



Top