Chokinzoku

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
My take is it’s half the price of a GT-R Premium, and about 30% of the price of a GT-R Nismo. Since it delivers ~more than half the performance of a GT-R Premium, it’s price makes sense in the context of Nissan’s sports car lineup…

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

looks like the weekly handouts are on full force

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Really happy to hear how the Nismo is turning people back onto the Z again - seemed like a lot of the reviews of it for the sport and performance were less than inspiring. Even though this doesn’t have a manual - I feel that will be available next year since so many of us want it.
I know the price is quite high and and puts it up against the BMW M2 and the Supra Manual as well - but I feel with the current state of things - the price is competitive as long as the performance matches with some of the competition, I guess its validated.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
That R&T review with various test drivers was encouraging! Nismo suspension bits seem to work well, more so than the meager Hp bump. Wonder if added to a Performance Manual would be a big plus, researching those components...I'm a little more interested now đź‘Ť

"Bovingdon, the fastest driver there, was equally taken. “I’ve never driven the standard Z and having read some pretty negative reviews had very low expectations of the NISMO. Surely a 20bhp bump and a few suspension tweaks couldn’t be transformative? Well, it seems that maybe they are.”

Only one person had driven this car before, and that was Editor-at-Large Matt Farah, who drove it at the launch. He liked it better this go around, with more seat time. “This is such a good feel car. The Corvette and the M2 are probably a bit quicker and the Dark Horse is stickier, but this car feels great.”

pcoty-2024-nissan-z-split-1-65986817a8f57.jpg

“It’s the right size for a sports car,” he continued, “and might have the best steering south of the Ferrari.”

Even Aaron Brown, our resident feinshmecker, was impressed. “Pretty damn good. Better than any Supra I’ve ever driven.”

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
As usual, the reviewer and especially the comments continue to harp on the lack of a manual option. Doesn’t really bother me but it’s a bit annoying especially considering how many of those crying for a manual actually know how to properly drive one.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
As usual, the reviewer and especially the comments continue to harp on the lack of a manual option. Doesn’t really bother me but it’s a bit annoying especially considering how many of those crying for a manual actually know how to properly drive one.
I have both a six-speed manual 2023 Z Performance and also a 2024 Z Nismo. The Z Performance feels like a comfortable GT car. The Z Nismo feels more like a track car and feels much more buttoned down and I can focus on driving more because both hands are always on the steering wheel. The automatic is not as bad as they make it sound to be. The Z Nismo feels much like my Civic Type R as far as the track tuned suspension and firmness.

Last edited:

iztrumental

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
I have both a six-speed manual 2023 Z Performance and also a 2024 Nismo Z. The Z Performance feels like a comfortable GT car. The Z Nismo feels more like a track car and feels much more buttoned down and I can focus on driving more because both hands are always on the steering wheel. The automatic is not as bad as they make it sound to be. The Z Nismo feels much like my Civic Type R as far as the track tuned suspension and firmness.
Good to hear from an unbiased POV.

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I have both a six-speed manual 2023 Z Performance and also a 2024 Z Nismo. The Z Performance feels like a comfortable GT car. The Z Nismo feels more like a track car and feels much more buttoned down and I can focus on driving more because both hands are always on the steering wheel. The automatic is not as bad as they make it sound to be. The Z Nismo feels much like my Civic Type R as far as the track tuned suspension and firmness.
Setting the Drive setting to 'Sport' or 'Sport+' is a must, in order to make the car feel much more responsive. If the reviewers are evaluating it using the default drive setting, they are not going to get the right impression. I wonder how many of these reviews are biased by that?