Sponsored

2023+ Nissan Z Wheel Spacers

traska_rz34

Well-Known Member
First Name
Liam
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
339
Reaction score
440
Location
Cocoa Beach, FL
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
Thanks all! I'm installing these tomorrow afternoon. I bought Loctite Orange (yes, there's an orange) that seems like an in-between the blue and red. Still not sure I'll use it but we'll see.

What's the torque spec you all used? Z1 told me 80 ft-lbs.
 

BeShizz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bee
Joined
Apr 20, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
157
Reaction score
209
Location
Santa Clarita
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z
Thanks all! I'm installing these tomorrow afternoon. I bought Loctite Orange (yes, there's an orange) that seems like an in-between the blue and red. Still not sure I'll use it but we'll see.

What's the torque spec you all used? Z1 told me 80 ft-lbs.
I did 90 ft lbs with garageline
 

traska_rz34

Well-Known Member
First Name
Liam
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
339
Reaction score
440
Location
Cocoa Beach, FL
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
Got these installed this morning! I ended up going with 85 ft. lbs. since Z1 confirmed Nissan's spec was 80 but a few folks had been doing 90+. Very easy install, just time consuming to spec every bolt. I also decided against using Loctite; Z1 point blank said they don't recommend it.

IMG_4413.jpeg


IMG_4414.jpeg


IMG_4412.jpeg
 

CPerdomo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
706
Reaction score
551
Location
Brandon, Fl.
Car(s)
27 Z Nismo Manual, 2016 Frontier Pro4X Manual
Occupation
Congregational Leader
Got these installed this morning! I ended up going with 85 ft. lbs. since Z1 confirmed Nissan's spec was 80 but a few folks had been doing 90+. Very easy install, just time consuming to spec every bolt. I also decided against using Loctite; Z1 point blank said they don't recommend it.

IMG_4413.jpeg


IMG_4414.jpeg


IMG_4412.jpeg
NIIIICCCCEEE... What a difference, ha?
 

Who.Am.Eye.2716

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
745
Reaction score
845
Location
WA State
Car(s)
Z
Thanks all! I'm installing these tomorrow afternoon. I bought Loctite Orange (yes, there's an orange) that seems like an in-between the blue and red. Still not sure I'll use it but we'll see.

What's the torque spec you all used? Z1 told me 80 ft-lbs.
After 100 miles, remove the wheels and retorque the spacers. This will make it so the spacers dont come loose. After you put everything together, drive 100 miles and retorque the wheels. This will be good until the next time you remove the wheels and/or spacers

A lot of people dont retorque and why spacers get a bad rep
 

traska_rz34

Well-Known Member
First Name
Liam
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
339
Reaction score
440
Location
Cocoa Beach, FL
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
After 100 miles, remove the wheels and retorque the spacers. This will make it so the spacers dont come loose. After you put everything together, drive 100 miles and retorque the wheels. This will be good until the next time you remove the wheels and/or spacers

A lot of people dont retorque and why spacers get a bad rep
Thanks for the heads up! I definitely plan on checking them again. I get the impression most people “set it and forget it”. For something in a critical location, it seems negligent to not re-check them at least once.
 

CPerdomo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
706
Reaction score
551
Location
Brandon, Fl.
Car(s)
27 Z Nismo Manual, 2016 Frontier Pro4X Manual
Occupation
Congregational Leader
@CPerdomo,

To make the front work with 15mm spacers, the OEM lugs will have to be ground down by ~4mm.
I did, like you, realized later that the problem exists. So I took it to the dealer and they shaved the lugs. Problem solved after that.
 

KSUCATZ

Active Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jul 23, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
30
Reaction score
57
Location
Denver
Car(s)
Honda Odyssey ;)
It works perfect. I took it for a test drive and I'm satisfied. I hardly noticed any difference. And it still looks the way it should. See the pictures. So, 15mm in the front and 20mm in the back.
IMG_1616.jpeg
IMG_1616.jpeg
IMG_1615.jpeg
2 Qs:

1) Those are not the stock wheels, correct? (don't think slip on spacers work w/ OEM wheels unless I'm mistaken)

2) Tell me more about your Z white wall lettering - very interested. (re: post on tires/wheel sub)
 
Last edited:

kevinbonds

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
511
Reaction score
633
Location
Florida
Car(s)
z34
2 Qs:

1) Those are not the stock wheels, correct? (don't think slip on spacers work w/ OEM wheels unless I'm mistaken)

2) Tell me more about your Z white wall lettering - very interested. (re: post on tires/wheel sub)
I have 15MM front and 20mm rear slip on spacers with new wheel studs and of course they fit stock wheels. Only spacers that would impact the wheels would be bolt on spacers.
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
101
Messages
2,826
Reaction score
5,428
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
I only trust spacers with extended ARP studs, no bolt-on types, which have twice as many mounting points, i.e. 10 vs 5, and depending on spacer material you might be dealing with heat expansion issues affecting bolt torques. Get the ARP studs and do it right, once.
 
 






Top