i was like like wtf the first pull look like the guy hit nos suddenly lol

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
The owner and driver of the M2 gives some additional info on this vid from his perspective here:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2017383

Wowza! Some good noise in this thread now.

So full transparency, I'm not the greatest manual driver. But, I'm also not terrible. Above average, but I'm not going to the track every weekend.

That being said the first time Sam drove it down he couldn't find a sliver of fraction and was spinning well into third.

IMO, the largest issue isn't the car, it's the surface. But, again not a pro, just some dude who buys cars and shares my experiences with fellow hobbyists.

It's an unmaintained, loose, and wavy surface. Couple that with a driver not well trained in launching their car on said surface with a fairly large audience behind them.
Lots of wheel-hop on my side of the track, and every time I changed gears I would just spin until 4th, so I had to back off and it shows on the video.

In the video and off video in test runs, I tried MDM launch ( IMO worst, TC was just bogging down everything... it was bad)
TC was left in 4, and tried at 6 dumping @ 1800.
The car lost the tire lottery and is running Pirelli's, and had H&R Super sport lowering springs for a G80 equipped. These springs may have negatively affected the traction at launch. I offered to switch out at one point and let someone else drive. We all agreed it wasn't happening regardless of who was driving. You can only put some much stress on a car too before something breaks trying to dial things in on a non-prepped surface.

All that being said, the driver of the supra is a beast. He can drive, and is a regular at track days. The Supra is 3-400lbs lighter, very similar power, it's hard to believe it would win, right?

I'm happy to chalk it up as inexperience, at the end of the day I had a blast. G87 fanboys, feel free to use me as your scapegoat.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Good effort from the Z & Supra drivers, they look to have nailed the Car & Driver figures. I have a feeling the M2 should be taking the win here though. Maybe the extra weight + power is making for a more difficult launch

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good effort from the Z & Supra drivers, they look to have nailed the Car & Driver figures. I have a feeling the M2 should be taking the win here though. Maybe the extra weight + power is making for a more difficult launch
It should. C&D ran 12.2 @ 118 mph with the 6MT M2. It's a tenth slower than the auto Supra while trapping 1 mph faster.

1684552828140.png

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
It should. C&D ran 12.2 @ 118 mph with the 6MT M2. It's a tenth slower than the auto Supra while trapping 1 mph faster.

1684552828140.png
AND to boot, the front of it looks like an NPC for a Need For Speed game.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AND to boot, the front of it looks like an NPC for a Need For Speed game.
3 pretty polarizing front ends if I'm honest. I like 2 of them and hate the other. Of the current paint offerings it looks best in black, but I dig the M2.

PS306746.jpg

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
That color helps it significantly. I quite like everything else about the car except for the front fascia.

It looks worst in that milky blue color fad that's polluting every single brand right now.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That color helps it significantly. I quite like everything else about the car except for the front fascia.

It looks worst in that milky blue color fad that's polluting every single brand right now.
Yeah, that blue is my least favorite color on the M2. My Veloster N is a similar color but I like it because it fits the whole, cute trying to look pissed off, goofy looking, weird 3 door hatchback vibe it's got going on. Even when I see a 911 in that color I hate it. That and "primer" gray on everything is starting to feel really played out.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yeah, that blue is my least favorite color on the M2. My Veloster N is a similar color but I like it because it fits the whole, cute trying to look pissed off, goofy looking, weird 3 door hatchback vibe it's got going on. Even when I see a 911 in that color I hate it. That and "primer" gray on everything is starting to feel really played out.
Yeah i really dont like the blue color, or the new styling in pictures to be honest lol, however I did get to see one in person with the carbon roof and it looks way better up close. Felt like it had more of a presence. I guess a lot of cars are like that, even the Z. They look so damn good in person.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
From what I've seen, a *perfectly* launched Z (likely on an ideal surface) can hypothetically hit 60MPH in about 4 seconds. The Supra isn't a ton quicker to 60, based upon testing, but it seems wildly more consistent (and simpler) to launch effectively. Looking at Z acceleration tests, the results are just all over the map. It's seemingly such a challenge to launch cleanly that, should a stock 370 on reasonably-sticky tires see a new Z at a stoplight, the outcome would legitimately be in doubt. At least assuming they weren't racing to preposterous speeds.