Anotha One from C&D: Comparison Test: 2022 BMW M240i vs. 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 vs. 2023 Nissan Z vs. 2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
RIP 6G Z/28 - It was to have the C8Z's FPC V8.

1657213035005.png

2024's final 2,000 cars will be the "Collector's Edition" all of them in Bumblebee Yellow.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
man...that will be a collectors car
I doubt Ol' Bertha will ever be a collector's car, but all this talk is making reconsider giving her up.

Side note: give Slip Stream a shot if you're on the East Coast. It's pretty addicting.

20180916_113819.jpg
20180916_113823.jpg

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
My track bud's ZL1/1LE, so capable, he's got 325s stuffed, I'm still 3-4 secs off chasing him in the PP2 on most courses here. The chassis and suspension of that Camaro is top notch.

1657287349586.png

1657287360731.png

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My friend has a Twin Turbo CTS that I believe is on the same platform as the Camaro.

I've never driven a newer Camaro, but judging by the CTS, it doesn't surprise me that the Camaro is held in high regard

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
yea they share the Alpha platform, well the ATS and CTS both share with the maro

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
And they gave the win to the slowest car? The Mustang sounds amazing, but everytime you turn around you see one. They are a dime a dozen, along with the BMW. The Supra and Z are more rare and I think that's a good thing. The Supra is a hell of a car but that closed in cabin and sloping roof line would feel too small for me.
Maybe slowest in the drag strip but the Mach1 is going to wipe the floor on track against the Z. The Mach 1 isn't just any Mustang you see on the road, is every bit as good as the GT350 minus the difference in engine. I guess is hard to accept the truth as I do have high hopes of the new Z but it does sound like the car is just not quite up their in performance compared to similar cars in this price range.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Maybe slowest in the drag strip but the Mach1 is going to wipe the floor on track against the Z. The Mach 1 isn't just any Mustang you see on the road, is every bit as good as the GT350 minus the difference in engine. I guess is hard to accept the truth as I do have high hopes of the new Z but it does sound like the car is just not quite up their in performance compared to similar cars in this price range.
Stock, yes, no question. However, the VR has more tuning potential out of the box vs. the Gen3 Coyote. Pair that with KW V3 and decent sway bars, I think the new Z could become a track weapon. That said, it's definitely not going to be cheap or cost effective vs. the price of stock Mach 1. But it can be done if that's your bag.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Stock, yes, no question. However, the VR has more tuning potential out of the box vs. the Gen3 Coyote. Pair that with KW V3 and decent sway bars, I think the new Z could become a track weapon. That said, it's definitely not going to be cheap or cost effective vs. the price of stock Mach 1. But it can be done if that's your bag.
I forgot to mention brakes and tires of course. Again, not cheap whatsoever, but can be done.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
You can say that to just about almost any car, so is not really a valid point. The point is we are comparing cars that you can get for "similar money" from the dealership. OTS KW isn't going to perform better than the magniride on the Mach1, but I digress.

The only realistic change without distorting this whole argument is Nissan putting some real tires on the car but even then, it could only do so much to close the gap.