That's what I'm afraid of. I can get a Scat Pack now on the lot at around a 7-8k discount or order one for around 5k off. I refuse to pay more than MSRP so I don't want to wait almost another year for the Z to be released and then wait a few more months for the price to go down to normal.
At this price point, an extra $1,000 off something at this price point is not enough to make me go buy something I'm not 100% sure I want.I'm still torn guys. I recently noticed I have a 1k bonus coupon for a Challenger that expires the end of June. So I can't order one as it most likely wouldn't come in on time. There are a few on the lots a distance away that are close to how I would order them, but not exact. I also have been trying to sell my original 18" wheels and tires from the 2010 Genesis Coupe I had for years. I just put them on another marketplace on facebook and got several messages. But after some research I see they should fit the Z and would make a good set for the winter. I had reduced the price to 160 to try to unload them, but now wonder if I shouldn't have and should keep them just in case I end up not getting the Scat Pack and get the Z instead?
Yeah, but the thing is I've been thinking about getting a Scat Pack for well over 2 years. I almost pulled the trigger a couple summers ago, but my trade in was only a couple grand in equity at the time and I couldn't decide on the exact trim I wanted. Now my Mustang is worth around 30k and I only owe about 9k so I'm in a good position and also have some cash saved up for once. But I'm still trying to decide between a couple trims. I'm leaning towards the 1320 as it is the quickest with the most potential, but you can only get the black interior and black wheels and I would have to replace the tires for daily driving. There is one a few hours away in the color I want, but it has the base audio and I really would like the carbon interior package if I got that trim. There is also a loaded shaker up in MI in Sinamon that has all the options except the Alpine audio instead of HK which I guess I could live with. I also found a completed loaded WB shaker for 8k off, but its in Gomango which I like too, but not as much as Sinamon and not sure I want that flashy a color for unwanted attention. As on outiler there was also a left over 2020 50th edition in Octane, but not sure if I want to tackle the work of keeping the matte finish on the top of the car. Although it may not be that bad as I have a garage now. IDK, I guess I could order one, but at this point I probably wouldn't get it until close to end of the summer.At this price point, an extra $1,000 off something at this price point is not enough to make me go buy something I'm not 100% sure I want.
I would advise patience here. It's mostly a horrible time to buy a car. The used market is so wildly inflated that if you're not coming up with serious cash down (or complete cash) you'll be so insanely sideways in a loan in a year when the overall market corrects that you'll be stuck in it for a long time. The new car market has decent (but not great) incentives, but no inventory, and you're likely to make insane concessions on what you want, options equipped, etc., that you'll end up with buyer's remorse in a year at best, and then you won't be able to get rid of it because the market will correct and you'll probably be sideways.
Don't buy something just to buy something. Especially not a $40k something. Wait and get exactly what you want for a price that won't leave you stuck in it if you need to get out of it.
I'm just wondering what your source is on this. Also, will the car be branded then as a 2022 or 2023?Retooling is underway now at the Tochigi Plant, USDM production begins January 3rd, 2022.
We could start to see these in the showrooms as early as Feb/Mar of '22