Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Very true. I have been watching corvetteForum since 2019.
Either you wait for 18 months at MSRP or pay $20K above MSRP to get it now.
At this point if you go to a dealer to order a C8, you're getting inline for 2023.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
The hot demand of C8 tells carmakers one thing: ICE sports car is not dead (yet). They just need to come up with an exciting package. Let us hope Nissan goes all out on Z. Don't hold back. :)

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
That's what I'm afraid of. I can get a Scat Pack now on the lot at around a 7-8k discount or order one for around 5k off. I refuse to pay more than MSRP so I don't want to wait almost another year for the Z to be released and then wait a few more months for the price to go down to normal.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
That's what I'm afraid of. I can get a Scat Pack now on the lot at around a 7-8k discount or order one for around 5k off. I refuse to pay more than MSRP so I don't want to wait almost another year for the Z to be released and then wait a few more months for the price to go down to normal.

Unfortunately sir, that will be the case for a car that is long overdue, and plus coveted as much as it is. Also, it might be a good thing for the first few months to roll by, so you can get a nice discount to MSRP or even lower, and the mods will have started rolling in then too, so you can jump directly into that...Well, tht's my plan.

Why not lease the scatpack and dump it when you're ready to move onto the Z next year?

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I tried leasing once and it wasn't a good experience. BTW, I just checked KKB again since I heard trade in rates were insane and they were right. My 16GT with just over 50k miles was worth around 24k not even a week ago and now it is saying around 30k! Now I'm thinking I should get one since I'll be getting near 20k in equity and could always trade it in in a year or two. Trouble is finding one in the color and with the options I want right now at a decent price as the discounts are getting smaller too. I guess I could always order one under invoice and use the 0% financing, but I heard it is taking months for some people to get their cars and they are saying it could be even longer now because of the chip shortage.

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Now I hear C8 will be no more?

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I'm still torn guys. I recently noticed I have a 1k bonus coupon for a Challenger that expires the end of June. So I can't order one as it most likely wouldn't come in on time. There are a few on the lots a distance away that are close to how I would order them, but not exact. I also have been trying to sell my original 18" wheels and tires from the 2010 Genesis Coupe I had for years. I just put them on another marketplace on facebook and got several messages. But after some research I see they should fit the Z and would make a good set for the winter. I had reduced the price to 160 to try to unload them, but now wonder if I shouldn't have and should keep them just in case I end up not getting the Scat Pack and get the Z instead?

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
So to summarize: you want a 4400 pound sports coupe on a 4th-gen-back Mercedes platform... instead of a Z? Those two are not competitors under any circumstances.

Last edited:

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I'm still torn guys. I recently noticed I have a 1k bonus coupon for a Challenger that expires the end of June. So I can't order one as it most likely wouldn't come in on time. There are a few on the lots a distance away that are close to how I would order them, but not exact. I also have been trying to sell my original 18" wheels and tires from the 2010 Genesis Coupe I had for years. I just put them on another marketplace on facebook and got several messages. But after some research I see they should fit the Z and would make a good set for the winter. I had reduced the price to 160 to try to unload them, but now wonder if I shouldn't have and should keep them just in case I end up not getting the Scat Pack and get the Z instead?
At this price point, an extra $1,000 off something at this price point is not enough to make me go buy something I'm not 100% sure I want.

I would advise patience here. It's mostly a horrible time to buy a car. The used market is so wildly inflated that if you're not coming up with serious cash down (or complete cash) you'll be so insanely sideways in a loan in a year when the overall market corrects that you'll be stuck in it for a long time. The new car market has decent (but not great) incentives, but no inventory, and you're likely to make insane concessions on what you want, options equipped, etc., that you'll end up with buyer's remorse in a year at best, and then you won't be able to get rid of it because the market will correct and you'll probably be sideways.

Don't buy something just to buy something. Especially not a $40k something. Wait and get exactly what you want for a price that won't leave you stuck in it if you need to get out of it.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Yeah, this is a time to hold on to whatever you have....no matter how great the temptation may be to trade or sell.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
At this price point, an extra $1,000 off something at this price point is not enough to make me go buy something I'm not 100% sure I want.

I would advise patience here. It's mostly a horrible time to buy a car. The used market is so wildly inflated that if you're not coming up with serious cash down (or complete cash) you'll be so insanely sideways in a loan in a year when the overall market corrects that you'll be stuck in it for a long time. The new car market has decent (but not great) incentives, but no inventory, and you're likely to make insane concessions on what you want, options equipped, etc., that you'll end up with buyer's remorse in a year at best, and then you won't be able to get rid of it because the market will correct and you'll probably be sideways.

Don't buy something just to buy something. Especially not a $40k something. Wait and get exactly what you want for a price that won't leave you stuck in it if you need to get out of it.
Yeah, but the thing is I've been thinking about getting a Scat Pack for well over 2 years. I almost pulled the trigger a couple summers ago, but my trade in was only a couple grand in equity at the time and I couldn't decide on the exact trim I wanted. Now my Mustang is worth around 30k and I only owe about 9k so I'm in a good position and also have some cash saved up for once. But I'm still trying to decide between a couple trims. I'm leaning towards the 1320 as it is the quickest with the most potential, but you can only get the black interior and black wheels and I would have to replace the tires for daily driving. There is one a few hours away in the color I want, but it has the base audio and I really would like the carbon interior package if I got that trim. There is also a loaded shaker up in MI in Sinamon that has all the options except the Alpine audio instead of HK which I guess I could live with. I also found a completed loaded WB shaker for 8k off, but its in Gomango which I like too, but not as much as Sinamon and not sure I want that flashy a color for unwanted attention. As on outiler there was also a left over 2020 50th edition in Octane, but not sure if I want to tackle the work of keeping the matte finish on the top of the car. Although it may not be that bad as I have a garage now. IDK, I guess I could order one, but at this point I probably wouldn't get it until close to end of the summer.

I am also thinking of staying with a stang as there is a loaded performance pack in antimatter blue at the local dealer, but they are asking full MSRP and I really wanted something different. I'm still thinking about the Z, but don't really want to wait another full year for prices to come down on them and not sure about the front end look and the other cars I mentioned are probably more practical for a daily especially if you only plan on having one car.