First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Product Development Engineer at PRL Motorsports
Retooling is underway now at the Tochigi Plant, USDM production begins January 3rd, 2022.

We could start to see these in the showrooms as early as Feb/Mar of '22
I'm just wondering what your source is on this. Also, will the car be branded then as a 2022 or 2023?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
" For purposes such as VINs and emissions control, regulations allow cars of a given model year to be sold starting on January 1 of the previous calendar year. For example, a 2019 model year vehicle can legally go on sale starting January 1, 2018. "

So, it is up to Nissan, really.
I am for calling it 2023. :)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm just wondering what your source is on this. Also, will the car be branded then as a 2022 or 2023?
Me too, I was told expect deliveries late December, Early Feb...I mean it could just be a delay, two months is not huge, but I was hoping ....especially as it’s a 2022 model and they were hoping to release a few late in the year. The March time line was given for second runs to me...but Houston is more in the know than a dealer so I guess I’ll be going with that, even though it hurts

Last edited:

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Retooling is underway now at the Tochigi Plant, USDM production begins January 3rd, 2022.

We could start to see these in the showrooms as early as Feb/Mar of '22
Well that settles it I think...no way I want to wait until around this time next year realistically as we all suspect the first ones out will be spoken for or possibly an ADM.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Well that settles it I think...no way I want to wait until around this time next year realistically as we all suspect the first ones out will be spoken for or possibly an ADM.
Soooo what are you getting now a Challenger 392?

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Houston.Z35 Who are you...lol

Appreciate all you share and you obviously have a very good line of communication with Nissan. Maybe later, after the Z’s start getting shipped to dealers, you can tell us where and how you get all the inside scoops?

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
Yeah I’m also pretty curious lol he’s a Nissan exec who’s infiltrated the group in order to keep us interested.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Actually…all of it. Official announcements will be coming soon. Please don’t buy into this Houston guy’s “facts.” Much more to tell in the coming months.
This could be a very important moment for Nissan to manage enthusiast expectation, especially when it comes to the price point and when we will see the new Z. Perhaps you can't share any of that, but is there anything you can do to prove that you are the Dan Passe that is the Director of Communications at Nissan North America? Verifying who you are should be enough for us to take your word that the information is bad. Anyone can pick an executive name and grift the forum on good information, so it's hard to know who to trust.

N_dinunz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Product Development Engineer at PRL Motorsports
I'll be disappointed if it is a 2023 I'm neurotic and I like even numbers 2022 sounds good, sue me.
Hahaha I could not agree with this more. I’ll happily wait that long for the car to come out, just gives me more time to save. I’m literally frothing at the mouth waiting for the official pricing and specifications though.

I can’t wait for the aftermarket support for this platform either. Hopefully we’ll be getting our hands into one as soon as they’re out

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
That is me. Yes. (@ZCCA can verify). As I stated info is coming. It’s not quite as cut and dried as folks think to come out with a vehicle like this. We are very excited about the car!
Hey Dan, not quite what I had in mind. You both joined on the same day, very recently. I'm sure as a Director of Com. you can understand my skepticism. How about something as simple as a tweet from your twitter or a picture of you holding a dated sign. Really, the possibilities are endless here but Huston has delivered remarkably accurate information thus far, so I think we need something concrete and real to doubt him. Dan Passe has a background that makes him a champion for enthusiast, I'm sure he would take this opportunity to definitively and not ambiguously clear the air.