First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
like i know what i want , i want deep nice tone nothing that sounds like a riced out civic or some z i seen around here sound really awful lol i wanted to ask the guy hey what do u got so i dont buy it lol

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Agreed, Once They Are Available - 1st thing that is going is the exhaust and slappin on 3" all the way back to let her breathe.

3" Down Pipes,
2.25" Dual Cat Backs
Up Front the AMS or Mishimoto Intercooler is getting installed with a tune then let the good times roll . . .

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I had their Non-Resonated Carbon Fiber exhaust on my 370z and was planning on getting their TT kit before i totaled my Z. I would take their exhaust over my AWE if they made it for the b9 S4.

They are newer to the aftermarket game compared to the known HKS, Stillen, etc JDM heavy brands, but don't let that deter you from their products. Chris Forsberg himself used Fast Intentions Twin Turbo kit on his other 370z before he switched to the VR38. Only complaints i heard from people who switched away from Fast Intentions (usually went to Motordyne or ARK) were for those who wanted a deeper sound.
Yeah if I was going to do an exhaust I would want it to be a tasteful change not a loud one haha. Are one of the other brands you listed more of the deeper tone variants? Like a comment above I go for a non-ricer sounding one (if I actually snag a Z).

The audio clips from FI on the Q60 sounded pretty good. I think it was just the catback with stock downpipes though. Not sure how the downpipes would influence the note.

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
like i know what i want , i want deep nice tone nothing that sounds like a riced out civic or some z i seen around here sound really awful lol i wanted to ask the guy hey what do u got so i dont buy it lol
Hanging with enough 350Z guys I can tell you exactly what he has, no muffler 😂 . I don't care what anyone says the VQ with just cats or no cats and no muffler sound like absolute ass. Personally Borla or Tomei has the best sounding exhausts for the VQ.

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yeah if I was going to do an exhaust I would want it to be a tasteful change not a loud one haha. Are one of the other brands you listed more of the deeper tone variants? Like a comment above I go for a non-ricer sounding one (if I actually snag a Z).

The audio clips from FI on the Q60 sounded pretty good. I think it was just the catback with stock downpipes though. Not sure how the downpipes would influence the note.
Stillen is very OEM+ in terms of sound/look (slightly larger diameter piping throughout with a smaller muffler then stock) and looks like a shiny stock exhaust. Very tame in terms of options. HKS/ARK/Motordyne/Fast Intentions are where you get into the deep, throaty, exotic looking exhausts. Depending on if you changed cats on Z34 (compared to changing upper/lower downpipes) you could go with just an exhaust if you just wanted better sound with slightly better performance.

Personal Sound Scale for Z34 (Stock Cats, exhaust only); FI/Motordyne/ARK are interchangeable depending on how boomy you want exhaust to be.
FI > Motordyne > Ark > Hks > Stillen > Stock

If you want max power from the VR, Upper+ Lower Downpipes + Exhaust is your best options. Will be loud though as downpipes are where your sound is most restricted.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Not just seeing the ads on TV anymore—local dealer has now taken to promoting two cars we can't get yet via their email newsletter. Gotta imagine it's materials sent from the mothership, but it still ruffles my feathers to see lol.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 12.45.10 PM.png

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
So. Next milestone on timeline is media drives this month. Likely 4/30. :)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not just seeing the ads on TV anymore—local dealer has now taken to promoting two cars we can't get yet via their email newsletter. Gotta imagine it's materials sent from the mothership, but it still ruffles my feathers to see lol.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 12.45.10 PM.png
It’s infuriating…advertising when they already have a huge list of buyers waiting for a car they don’t have…still think it’s a waste of money for a company that doesn't have much to spare at present.
For my mind, open up pre orders in the US like Aus and Canada, service those customers, and once you have made your way through approx half of those orders, start advertising then so you have a roll on effect

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
anybody Rev the auto in park/neutral? I am wondering if it limits rpm, because of sound restrictions was it doable to install active exhaust because in park it limits RPM ? a Manual car would let you freely Rev giving you full annoyingness

plus most manuals will have the exhaust swapped and I can put money on a active exhaust on a turbo v6 still sounding poorly
It’s infuriating…advertising when they already have a huge list of buyers waiting for a car they don’t have…still think it’s a waste of money for a company that doesn't have much to spare at present.
For my mind, open up pre orders in the US like Aus and Canada, service those customers, and once you have made your way through approx half of those orders, start advertising then so you have a roll on effect
imo Nissan knows they cant commit to a US pre-order as the numbers are over their realistic production capabilities, Id imagine california's orders alone would outnumber both australia and canada. also california receiving their car in novermber isnt the end of the world... but canadians dont want to take ownership of a car to store it for 6 months during winter

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
anybody Rev the auto in park/neutral? I am wondering if it limits rpm, because of sound restrictions was it doable to install active exhaust because in park it limits RPM ? a Manual car would let you freely Rev giving you full annoyingness

plus most manuals will have the exhaust swapped and I can put money on a active exhaust on a turbo v6 still sounding poorly

imo Nissan knows they cant commit to a US pre-order as the numbers are over their realistic production capabilities, Id imagine california's orders alone would outnumber both australia and canada. also california receiving their car in novermber isnt the end of the world... but canadians dont want to take ownership of a car to store it for 6 months during winter
Truth!

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
and here i am trying to get someone to take my deposit lol

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Okay here are some real updates about real things for a change:

I just heard from my Group Dealership owner. He sits on the Canadian National Nissan Advisory board and has been invited down to Phoenix for the week of May 4th to personally test drive and road review the new Z. During this week with senior NA Nissan leadership he will be provided with factual details about the launch for Canada. He will be texting me and updating me in real time to share impressions on the Z as well as official correspondence on details for those of us who were part of the early dealer allocations order launch that occurred before the National Online Nissan pre-reservation launch.

This kind of update is what I call real business intelligence. And it shows up the fact how important it is to align yourself with an influential, high-performing dealer in order to provision accurate information, but also to secure the car you want with a dealer who has clout.