Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Okay here are some real updates about real things for a change:

I just heard from my Group Dealership owner. He sits on the Canadian National Nissan Advisory board and has been invited down to Phoenix for the week of May 4th to personally test drive and road review the new Z. During this week with senior NA Nissan leadership he will be provided with factual details about the launch for Canada. He will be texting me and updating me in real time to share impressions on the Z as well as official correspondence on details for those of us who were part of the early dealer allocations order launch that occurred before the National Online Nissan pre-reservation launch.

This kind of update is what I call real business intelligence. And it shows up the fact how important it is to align yourself with an influential, high-performing dealer in order to provision accurate information, but also to secure the car you want with a dealer who has clout.
May the 4th…..rumour has it in Aus we will be getting pricing mid May. It seems like the Canadian and Australian time lines are marrying up almost identically .I would expect a price and other important information to follow after such a review .
Hope I’m right, hope your dealer has some good things to say…hope there is light finally at the end of the very long and dark tunnel

Think anyone who’s had an order in for longer than 6months should get a discount, after all they have been making interest from our money whilst we have waited patiently ( or impatiently in my case🤣)

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I doubt they'd allow dealer principals test drives before the first-drive reviews are released from embargo, it would result in too many leaks of the type FBD is trying to engender lol. Which is encouraging, hopefully we'll see reviews within a month. Given the lead times involved the invited reviewers should already know the dates for the fly and drive.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I doubt they'd allow dealer principals test drives before the first-drive reviews are released from embargo, it would result in too many leaks of the type FBD is trying to engender lol. Which is encouraging, hopefully we'll see reviews within a month. Given the lead times involved the invited reviewers should already know the dates for the fly and drive.
Whilst I agree, perhaps they will go to Canadian and Australians for first drive reviews?
Nothing about this launch seems to be going “as usual” the only thing we can be certain of is uncertainty 🤣🤣😞

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Whilst I agree, perhaps they will go to Canadian and Australians for first drive reviews?
Nothing about this launch seems to be going “as usual” the only thing we can be certain of is uncertainty 🤣🤣😞
I'd love that but I doubt Nissan would want to thumb its nose at the U.S. market that blatently... :D

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Looks like media have had their first drives.
Great to hear, sounds like Nissan went with the SOP for sports car launches as I thought they would, and I am really pleased that the SavageGeese pair were able to drive the 370Z and the new Z together. If Nissan provided the 370Z they must have considerable confidence that the new car is substantially better, very encouraging! Also it's terrific that these 2 guys were at the launch (or got the cars for private testing if that is what happened), they are among the most objective and critical in the business. You may remember they tore the 370Z a new one in their last review of it, so Nissan giving them access to the new car is another sign of their confidence in it.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
so these guys are good reviewers or whatever... lol i know nothing of import media lol i get cars according to heart tugs lol

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
So, is embargo they can't say anything publicly even though they have driven the car?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
So, is embargo they can't say anything publicly even though they have driven the car?
Correct—embargoes in this setting translate to a requirement by a source or organization (in this instance, Nissan) that information/news not be shared until a certain date. So, it's very likely Nissan said "you can drive, and probably film, a review video, however it may not go live until x date." When that is, hopefully we'll find out soon!

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
I wonder if they could share the date they were told the embargo would be lifted.