What is your maximum 'willingness to pay'?

Do you think I over paid?

• Total voters

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
I'd consider a $2k markup. I want the sport model and after taxes, dealer fees, markup, ect, I wouldn't pay a cent more than $45k

Z4ME

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A3 Quattro Cabriolet
When I initially saw the new Z I thought I'd be willing to pay $5-6,000 over MSRP but after reading some article about the car I've changed my mind to no more than MSRP.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The MSRP already includes a good profit for the dealer. The American dealer "markup" is just another name for "salesman greed tax". If you guys simply refused to buy at any markup, they'd soon learn not to do it.
it's called "market adjustment" bro..

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
MRSP + Taxes, and licencing is all I'll be paying. I'll make sure of it! The Gov't already gets more than it's fair share up here in the Canada land (Ontario) at 13% tax. So that's more than enough over as it is.
15% Tax in BC.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
True, the on-floor salesdroid does not set the price ... but the higher the price, the more commission they will get. Most of the markup of course does go into dealer management / owner pockets, who are the ones who set the price. Perhaps simply "store greed tax" is a more precise phrase.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
This car is not worth more than $45k. Reviews confirmed it. Nothing at this point would change my mind.
I agree. I would go up to maybe 48k tops for a loaded one if I really like it when I see and drive one in person. But it may be hard to convince me to trade in my 1320 as it is likely to continue to go up in value.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I paid $50.5k for my Supra in late 2020. It would have to be around there and meet or exceed the Zupra performance on a road track.
I will have to see how they perform with hard track use 3 times a month like i do.

There are more and more Zupras at track events I go to. I mean like 3-7 now! Kind of makes me sad, I liked being the odd ball for almost 2 seasons. The car is amazing but i may jump platforms again to something "odd" again.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Iā€™d be willing to downsize to a 2-bedroom houseā€¦ā€¦.only if can upsize to a 4-car garage for the S30, 5.0, Glad, and spot for the new Z. šŸ˜ƒ

Oh for the Z, Nismo $65k max if major susp, functional aero, and interior upgrades in the works. If Nismo is a disappointment then Performance Manual for $55k.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Everybody has different thoughts about the current craziness.

I am very firmly against ADM and markups because I consider it a "pandemic tax" which aggravates me to no end, the pandemic has been pure AIDS and totally unfair.

However, I quit my previous job last year and we won some backpay and Frontline worker pay due to the pandemic. They've been depositing into my account for the last 7 months. It's all money related to me working through the pandemic and my union negotiating reimbursement.
My wife and I added it all up, and it's about as much as what we all fear ADMs will be at.

So, I'm afraid I consider that enough to offset my personal inhibitions about markups, I'll probably be that guy who pays a steep markup, but only because my main hangup was compensated for.