What is your maximum 'willingness to pay'?

Do you think I over paid?

• Total voters

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Everybody has different thoughts about the current craziness.

I am very firmly against ADM and markups because I consider it a "pandemic tax" which aggravates me to no end, the pandemic has been pure AIDS and totally unfair.

However, I quit my previous job last year and we won some backpay and Frontline worker pay due to the pandemic. They've been depositing into my account for the last 7 months. It's all money related to me working through the pandemic and my union negotiating reimbursement.
My wife and I added it all up, and it's about as much as what we all fear ADMs will be at.

So, I'm afraid I consider that enough to offset my personal inhibitions about markups, I'll probably be that guy who pays a steep markup, but only because my main hangup was compensated for.
Don’t do it. I’m getting the 1st at my dealer for MSRP. I’m sure you can find one at MSRP. By the time the Z hits the lots it maybe a different market.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If anyone is following the “2023 Nissan Z Enthusiast Group” Facebook page
There is a dealer called “Fayetteville” in North Carolina that is saying they are selling at sticker price. You do have to pay 1.5k for tinting, dent service, protection plan…but hey you are at least getting something for that 1.5k

They are only selling to those in state…but there maybe someone in the forum it helps

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Nissan Z Dealership List - this is being updated constantly.
spreadsheet states the Wesley Chapel Nissan (the one with sticker a few posts ago) is marking up the Proto 30k. Ouch.

Also ouch: average markup in that spreadsheet is 23.6k. You could practically buy a base GRZ86 or Miata at sticker.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Nissan Z Dealership List - this is being updated constantly.
LOL, Nissan of Irvine with a $75,000 markup on the Proto. Absolutely ridiculous…. But wouldn’t surprise me if someone here in Orange County buys it for that price.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
If anyone is following the “2023 Nissan Z Enthusiast Group” Facebook page
There is a dealer called “Fayetteville” in North Carolina that is saying they are selling at sticker price. You do have to pay 1.5k for tinting, dent service, protection plan…but hey you are at least getting something for that 1.5k

They are only selling to those in state…but there maybe someone in the forum it helps
I'm going go reach out and see what they say. All 3 NC dealers that I've reached out to haven't given any specifics on pricing for performance. Are you talking about Proto or any Z for MSRP pricing?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm going go reach out and see what they say. All 3 NC dealers that I've reached out to haven't given any specifics on pricing for performance. Are you talking about Proto or any Z for MSRP pricing?
Not sure, all I know is he said his dealership has never added dealer mark ups and they are not starting now ….
Sounds legit as he wasn’t afraid to say who he worked for

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Not sure, all I know is he said his dealership has never added dealer mark ups and they are not starting now ….
Sounds legit as he wasn’t afraid to say who he worked for
Just looked up the dealership..the MSRP pricing makes sense as the Flow Audi in WS was giving me an S4 for ~$5k under MSRP couple years ago when I went there. I would've bought my car from them but all 4 in the country at the time were sold or their dealership didn't want to play ball with Flow. But, Flow is a great dealership and love their service department. I make the hr drive from CLT each time my car needs to get serviced.

But, Fayetteville is Flow, and I have a meeting with them this Saturday to talk to their Sales Manager and see what their pricing is like; Only things I've been told so far..MSRP Pricing + Accessories (that i've already chosen and added to my build). Let's see how true they are to their word..they might convince me to trade in my Audi O_O

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just looked up the dealership..the MSRP pricing makes sense as the Flow Audi in WS was giving me an S4 for ~$5k under MSRP couple years ago when I went there. I would've bought my car from them but all 4 in the country at the time were sold or their dealership didn't want to play ball with Flow. But, Flow is a great dealership and love their service department. I make the hr drive from CLT each time my car needs to get serviced.

But, Fayetteville is Flow, and I have a meeting with them this Saturday to talk to their Sales Manager and see what their pricing is like; Only things I've been told so far..MSRP Pricing + Accessories (that i've already chosen and added to my build). Let's see how true they are to their word..they might convince me to trade in my Audi O_O
Wow….good luck, I’m glad my post helped someone…sounds like there is at least one dealership in the US doing right by it’s people

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Wow….good luck, I’m glad my post helped someone…sounds like there is at least one dealership in the US doing right by it’s people
Just contacted the dealer to update appointment; Sales manager told me they do NOT any allocations currently (contradicting what the internet salesperson told me), but I am on the waitlist now and MSRP + Accessories is still the case, but they'll lmk if a car similar to my spec shows up and if I want it in a couple months.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Just contacted the dealer to update appointment; Sales manager told me they do NOT any allocations currently (contradicting what the internet salesperson told me), but I am on the waitlist now and MSRP + Accessories is still the case, but they'll lmk if a car similar to my spec shows up and if I want it in a couple months.
i just hope they dont dump like every fucking thing on the book for the car u want, like here is your car oh btw the entire part store as been throw at your car

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
i just hope they dont dump like every fucking thing on the book for the car u want
Yea the dealership group in question is also used by a couple of youtubers, so I'll get some info from them once they receive their cars. But, agreed, fingers crossed...I did quite a few accessories, tbh, lol, my MSRP totaled at $54.9k..Almost 3k in accessories, but then again the items I added personally are probably what the dealer will not add on, and the other items are added as the basic adds (mats, kickplates, wheel locks).

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yea the dealership group in question is also used by a couple of youtubers, so I'll get some info from them once they receive their cars. But, agreed, fingers crossed...I did quite a few accessories, tbh, lol, my MSRP totaled at $54.9k..Almost 3k in accessories, but then again the items I added personally are probably what the dealer will not add on, and the other items are added as the basic adds (mats, kickplates, wheel locks).
Just following up on this..dealership GM called and told me that Nissan isn't accepting any orders at all for these cars for the first year (not sure how true that is) and his waitlist is already 8 deep so I'm #9 and in his estimation I'll probably see a car in over a years time, which is when I'll get the car for MSRP as he's thinking they'll charge 10-15k ADM on first few cars to be competitive as other dealers will be charging similar (goes back to the dealer collusion thread with this new info). So I'm on list, but don't think I'll be seeing a new Z for the next year at min if these markups stay.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Just following up on this..dealership GM called and told me that Nissan isn't accepting any orders at all for these cars for the first year (not sure how true that is) and his waitlist is already 8 deep so I'm #9 and in his estimation I'll probably see a car in over a years time, which is when I'll get the car for MSRP as he's thinking they'll charge 10-15k ADM on first few cars to be competitive as other dealers will be charging similar (goes back to the dealer collusion thread with this new info). So I'm on list, but don't think I'll be seeing a new Z for the next year at min if these markups stay.
Crazy but sounds about right. I never would have thought after the launch event last year that it would be 2 years before I could buy a Z. Big sad