What is your maximum 'willingness to pay'?

Do you think I over paid?

• Total voters

etater

First Name
Etater
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 328i
Occupation
Researcher
Although dealer markups are negotiable, they might be less-so for a car that is as high demand as the new Z. I've heard that any charge that is taxable is negotiable so I will personally try to argue for MSRP or bust. What are your thoughts?

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Although dealer markups are negotiable, they might be less-so for a car that is as high demand as the new Z. I've heard that any charge that is taxable is negotiable so I will personally try to argue for MSRP or bust. What are your thoughts?
Absolutely wouldn't be paying any dealer markups if they were a thing where I am. If it meant waiting a few years or buying a different car I'd go that route.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
To late for me how this whole thing played out but I paid 57 for my premium 3.0 Supra so I wasn’t going to pay more than the 51 or whatever it was charging me for paint and mats lol even though I didn’t already like the price

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Is the demand really that high here that they can max overcharge us? Everytime I pop into the Nissan lot to check in on the Z, the majority of the staff know nothing about it. 95% of the customers walking in are looking for a Pathfinder or an Altima.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only knucklehead around here that wants a car that is fun to drive. I know there are others out there but I feel like we are the rare customer. My dealership has a list consisting of handful of names they will call once the car arrives, but it's not a massive amount of customers.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Is the demand really that high here that they can max overcharge us? Everytime I pop into the Nissan lot to check in on the Z, the majority of the staff know nothing about it. 95% of the customers walking in are looking for a Pathfinder or an Altima.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only knucklehead around here that wants a car that is fun to drive. I know there are others out there but I feel like we are the rare customer. My dealership has a list consisting of handful of names they will call once the car arrives, but it's not a massive amount of customers.
Based on what I see on the roads, there aren't so many people wanting a fun to drive car. Or at least, "fun to drive" for them equals a grayscale SUV on pavement.

My sons and I always look for and point out sports cars when driving, and they seem few and far between these days. Mostly on our recent 2000+ mile round trip from Chicago to Colorado, we saw Corvettes. Surprising number of them. One BRZ. A few Miatas.

Other than some new COVID induced parts issues, I think the main thing that will kill Z for customers in terms of price and availability, will be Nissan. Specifically, how many Zs does Nissan plan to make? I've had a bad feeling for a while now, that Nissan plans a smaller number of Zs, which will lead to designed shortages at least the first few years.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
I dont wanna go over MSRP. Im poor so Im just going to wait for the markups and hype train to die down 🤣