*WARNING* If you put money down to "preorder" please read. Nissan confirms NO pre-orders for 2023 Z.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
GYMRATTER drives a porsche hopefully he gets the car for MSRP so he doesn't start a trend for other dealers to follow

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
nissanpreorder.png

I guarantee your “preorder deposit” won’t me jack sheeeit to a dealer if someone else comes along willing to pay over sticker for the Z.
It's not that it won't mean jack shit... it just means the dealer is gonna give preorder holders first dibs to pay that fat ADM. ???

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
It's not that it won't mean jack shit... it just means the dealer is gonna give preorder holders first dibs to pay that fat ADM. ???
My local dealer said they’d sell me their first allocation at MSRP. I’m going to try to get it in writing.

When I went in to speak to them the lady at the front desk said she thought the “400z” wasn’t coming out until 2023.

The salesman was nice but he had no idea when they’d get one; he called me today after checking with his his manager and assured me that they were not going to charge an ADM.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My local dealer said they’d sell me their first allocation at MSRP. ...

The salesman was nice but he had no idea when they’d get one; he called me today after checking with his his manager and assured me that they were not going to charge an ADM.
Well that's awesome! I need to find a dealer like that in SoCal!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
My local dealer said they’d sell me their first allocation at MSRP. I’m going to try to get it in writing.

When I went in to speak to them the lady at the front desk said she thought the “400z” wasn’t coming out until 2023.

i hope that ends up being true...get it in writing asap.

a lot can happen in the next few months. manager or salesman can leave, friends/family could get 'dibs'.

what will probably happen is, closer to arrival the dealer will see all the hype and start getting calls from people willing to pay more to be 'first'

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

Hope it works out for you. But "my dealer said ... " is a running joke over at the Ford Bronco forums these days. So buyer beware.

One guy reserved a Bronco with a salesman who was a childhood school friend, but when the Bronco finally arrived, the dealership wanted a huge ADM. It blew up into a big thing, apparently with the authorities involved, not a pretty picture. The guy didn't get his Bronco. :(

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Hope it works out for you. But "my dealer said ... " is a running joke over at the Ford Bronco forums these days. So buyer beware.

One guy reserved a Bronco with a salesman who was a childhood school friend, but when the Bronco finally arrived, the dealership wanted a huge ADM. It blew up into a big thing, apparently with the authorities involved, not a pretty picture. The guy didn't get his Bronco. :(
I can 100% attest to the ADMs, especially on Bronco's right now. My buddy is slinging them left and right, with the BUYERS telling him they'll pay upwards of $20-30k for one...Obviously, he has no problem in accepting that lol.

The majoirty of Z's will be sold with ADMs just because that has become the standard now for sports cars. The only dealers that will honor MSRP etc will be ones that are getting publicity through social media from the influencers.

Normal poh folk like me will have to wait for the used market or 1-2 years for a good price.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
"My dealer promised me ..." is meaningless and not legal-binding.
Ask for a written/signed statement from GM.
Even with that, some dealers could turn their backs on you and dare you to sue them.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
The only times that I trusted a dealer was when traveling out of state and told them please don't let me get on a plane or drive 3 hours if the car is not as I'm expecting it to be, or the deal we just worked out is going to change in person.

Both times everything worked perfectly and we were out of the dealership in 30 mins. They really could have done whatever they wanted since we didn't have any kind of official agreement but I just knew that the people I was dealing with weren't going to do that. That was years ago though, right now all bets are off.

Stella

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 sti, 21 mach 1, 22 supra
"My dealer promised me ..." is meaningless and not legal-binding.
Ask for a written/signed statement from GM.
Even with that, some dealers could turn their backs on you and dare you to sue them.
Going through that with a landscaping conglomerate right now. They broke the contract and demanded payment for work I didn't authorize/wasn't in the contract. They told me pay or go to collections, and told me to sue them if I had a problem with that lol

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
...I just knew that the people I was dealing with weren't going to do that. That was years ago though, right now all bets are off.
TIMES ARE GONE FOR HONEST MEN...

8c8a1bfba9ba4118ac4ec567bac87c46.gif

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
Ok, y’all were correct; ADM of $1000. The dealer signed the agreement. I felt like that was fair in the current climate. I requested blue performance with blue interior with manual transmission. It will be interesting to see if it works out. I’m in no hurry so it’s not a big deal if it doesn’t. I could just wait and get one later but I sure hope it does work out.
The dealer also said they won’t take a deposit until they have the VIN for my car.

Last edited: