Where would you put a front number plate?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor
Here in Dubai we have small number plates similar in size to the one in the pic below.

Can you easily remove that big ugly plastic and just stick the small number plate which looks so out of place?

IMG_9375.jpeg

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Apologies if this already came up, in Dubai your steering wheel will be on the left and you'll drive on the right side of the road. Do you know if you'll have a North American model, or does Nissan build a version specifically for your area?

My US car was delivered with the plate bracket not installed. I eventually installed it, and I had to drill two holes in the grille. Removing the bracket would be easy. Even though it's not the same bracket, I'd bet that bracket is easy to remove as well.

The US license plate bracket is narrower, yet taller than the bracket shown here. So it wouldn't stick out as much left and right, but maybe top and bottom.

There are also some aftermarket solutions out there. This thread is a pretty good one to read.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/front-license-plate-will-you-mount-it-or-not.1558/

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor
Apologies if this already came up, in Dubai your steering wheel will be on the left and you'll drive on the right side of the road. Do you know if you'll have a North American model, or does Nissan build a version specifically for your area?

My US car was delivered with the plate bracket not installed. I eventually installed it, and I had to drill two holes in the grille. Removing the bracket would be easy. Even though it's not the same bracket, I'd bet that bracket is easy to remove as well.

The US license plate bracket is narrower, yet taller than the bracket shown here. So it wouldn't stick out as much left and right, but maybe top and bottom.

There are also some aftermarket solutions out there. This thread is a pretty good one to read.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/front-license-plate-will-you-mount-it-or-not.1558/
In Dubai, we have the steering wheel on the left just like the US. So I'll just tell the guys at the dealer not to screw the bracket then and just stick it with some double sided 3M Tape.