Where would you put an emergency tool?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
It has to be easy access, so I'd say driver's side door pocket. It might also be the only place big enough to store it, depending on the size.

The glove box isn't even wide enough to hold a sheet of paper folded in half, and the center console is smaller still. The behind-the-seat storage is bigger, but might be harder to reach when you need it.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
there is a guy on supraforums that builds brackets to hold fire extingishers which mount to the passenger side seat brackets.

maybe a similar one to put on the drivers side?

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
It has to be easy access, so I'd say driver's side door pocket. It might also be the only place big enough to store it, depending on the size.

The glove box isn't even wide enough to hold a sheet of paper folded in half, and the center console is smaller still. The behind-the-seat storage is bigger, but might be harder to reach when you need it.
I will see if it fits in the side door pocket. In my 350, I had it lying between the emergency brake and the center console, but that's not the greatest spot.

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
there is a guy on supraforums that builds brackets to hold fire extingishers which mount to the passenger side seat brackets.

maybe a similar one to put on the drivers side?
Oh, that's a good idea. I'll look for that. Maybe I could get a setup for the tool and an extinguisher.

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z

The tool actually fits very well in the driver's side door pocket. There was about an inch of extra space, so I put my little umbrella in there to try to keep them both secure. :)

I also rearranged the other stuff in the car. I put the first aid kit behind the driver's seat and put my jump start kit next to the cargo mat container behind the passenger's seat. I removed the owner's manual container completely from the car and just left all of the guides and papers in the smaller container they came in in the glove box.

And my sunglasses container just barely fit in the center console, so that worked out well. I'm still looking to add some more emergency gear, but I'm pretty happy with the current setup.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
The tool actually fits very well in the driver's side door pocket. There was about an inch of extra space, so I put my little umbrella in there to try to keep them both secure. :)

I also rearranged the other stuff in the car. I put the first aid kit behind the driver's seat and put my jump start kit next to the cargo mat container behind the passenger's seat. I removed the owner's manual container completely from the car and just left all of the guides and papers in the smaller container they came in in the glove box.

And my sunglasses container just barely fit in the center console, so that worked out well. I'm still looking to add some more emergency gear, but I'm pretty happy with the current setup.
Cool. Glad it's working out. And congrats. Did you post photos? I don't remember seeing any. Last I remember, the car was being shipped across country.

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Cool. Glad it's working out. And congrats. Did you post photos? I don't remember seeing any. Last I remember, the car was being shipped across country.
Here are a couple from after the first quick wash. 🙂

I’ll have to get some more later in better light.
IMG_4954.jpeg
IMG_4958.jpeg

DerrellSC

First Name
Derrell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Teacher
Maybe there would be a way to mount it to the rear cross brace between the seats? Just thinking if someone needs to get to it, it would be accessible from both sides of the vehicle.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
^ good idea...
also mounting would keep it in place if there is a hard impact or if, God forbid, your turned upside down

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Maybe there would be a way to mount it to the rear cross brace between the seats? Just thinking if someone needs to get to it, it would be accessible from both sides of the vehicle.
That's a good idea. I just now realized that maybe Costco sells them in two-packs so that you could put on each side of the car and not just because they give you multiples of everything. D'oh!

OP
OP

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
^ good idea...
also mounting would keep it in place if there is a hard impact or if, God forbid, your turned upside down
That would be terrifying and makes me worry about a fire, too. Need to think about an extinguisher.