Where to jack up the Z?

DTZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
I want to be 100% sure before I jack up the car to install a cat-back exhaust but the owner’s manual does not have a detailed diagram showing jack up points. Only the pinch welds on the sides, but I want to jack up from the middle of the rear.

Can the rear differential be used as a jack up point? On the 350Z manual it says that it can (diagram attached).

IMG_4091.jpeg

IMG_4094.png

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yes, I used it to raise the rear and then put jack stands on the usual pinch welds.

OP
OP

DTZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Yes, I used it to raise the rear and then put jack stands on the usual pinch welds.
Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm, you placed the jack on the black coloured area. And if so, onto the fins or the cylinder that just out vertically downwards?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm, you placed the jack on the black coloured area. And if so, onto the fins or the cylinder that just out vertically downwards?
Yeah, you want to use the little nub that sticks down.

Madgud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
What about the front of the car? Anybody knows where to lift the front from. The engine cradle seems to be aluminum. It doesn’t appear to be safe to lift from underneath it or is it?

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
What about the front of the car? Anybody knows where to lift the front from. The engine cradle seems to be aluminum. It doesn’t appear to be safe to lift from underneath it or is it?
Yes the aluminium subframe is fine.
I've not lifted my Z yet it's still too new and not needed anything.
But here's my 370z in there air using the same point on the aluminium subframe.
As @Jah_Happy said, use the little nub to locate your jack.

1699916773398.png