*WARNING* If you put money down to "preorder" please read. Nissan confirms NO pre-orders for 2023 Z.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Still not believing this. Nissan themselves have said NO PREORDERS. What's gonna happen is Nissan is going to send a limited amount of cars to dealers and then dealers will call these "preorder" customers saying, "Oh hey we got a car in, this is the price, do you want it?" If not they go down to the next sucker that put $1000 down. No one is going to be personally speccing their own car with this first batch. Imagine if they opened up preorders right now? What would happen is they would get a massive influx of orders and they wouldn't be able to produce enough in time, especially with the supply shortages right now. It would lead to delayed deliveries and upset customers. Then it'll create a ripple effect of delays for months if not a year to come for customers waiting behind them.
Basically, they would C8 themselves.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
My local dealers already told me that, "There will be ADM. You can bet on that."
They keep lists of interested customers. When cars arrive, a bid frenzy begins.
Or, you can wait on the sideline for it to subside... not sure how long it will take.
(in the case of C8, still going on after nearly 2 yrs)

I don't think Nissan plans to produce lots of Zs.
Their focus is on EVs.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Word is the "Sport" version will go for around $40,000 USD msrp. Any word yet on msrp for the "Performance" version?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My local dealers already told me that, "There will be ADM. You can bet on that."
They keep lists of interested customers. When cars arrive, a bid frenzy begins.
Or, you can wait on the sideline for it to subside... not sure how long it will take.
(in the case of C8, still going on after nearly 2 yrs)

I don't think Nissan plans to produce lots of Zs.
Their focus is on EVs.
This goes back to what I said…8 months ago.
My dealer said that there would not be that many at least in the initial drop because they don’t want to flood the market. I thought it was probably more to do with chip shortages and production hold ups…but maybe he was correct?
I mean it’s not as though he can start a bidding war in Aus, the price is the price ….so it’s first in best dressed
Maybe there is some truth to it?

Last edited:

ZGT4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Hybrid
I wonder will the chip shortage affect the price

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Everyone is worried about markups, but then hound dealerships about a car we know isn't coming until next spring. YOU are creating the hype that will cause markups by contacting the dealers. Just be patient.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Everyone is worried about markups, but then hound dealerships about a car we know isn't coming until next spring. YOU are creating the hype that will cause markups by contacting the dealers. Just be patient.
Exactly the point, there is nothing we can do, as customers, at this point to get solid 'promises' on any Z, like I said still so far away from Spring and that's only for the first batch of dealer-only allocations with ADM. Got to wait and see, no use to even ask my dealer even though good relationship with.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Nissan already said they aren't taking pre-orders. There is no reason to contact a dealership at this point. You're just giving them justification to mark up the price.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Yeah, maybe I did make the right choice going with the Challenger then. I'm not one to pay over sticker and if I did want one of the first I could see maybe paying a grand or two over, but 5-10k no way. I can't see paying that much over on a 40k car. Its not a high priced car like a GT-R or even the new vette.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah, maybe I did make the right choice going with the Challenger then. I'm not one to pay over sticker and if I did want one of the first I could see maybe paying a grand or two over, but 5-10k no way. I can't see paying that much over on a 40k car. Its not a high priced car like a GT-R or even the new vette.
Reasons like that are why I'm remaining cautiously optimistic over all of this.

hope4theppl

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Infiniti G37x
Occupation
Project Manager
Saw a thing on YouTube about dealerships offering allocations for a small deposit, like around $1K. It's supposed to get you a call from the dealership when they start making orders for Spring 2022 delivery to come in and spec it out. No idea how reliable this dude is:

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Personally, I am not paying for ADM (not even $1k). I will wait.
It is a matter of principle I have. :)
Let those must-have-it-now buyers own them first.
I am currently on waitlists of several Nissan dealers.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Saw a thing on YouTube about dealerships offering allocations for a small deposit, like around $1K. It's supposed to get you a call from the dealership when they start making orders for Spring 2022 delivery to come in and spec it out. No idea how reliable this dude is:

Don't put any weight into this - multiple people have debunked it. It's nonsense.