*WARNING* If you put money down to "preorder" please read. Nissan confirms NO pre-orders for 2023 Z.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I guess when I think "quality control" Toyota springs to mind more readily than Nissan lol.

If other posts here are accurate, the factory has now been revamped and is almost totally robotized - so allowing Nissan a few months to catch out errant code in that 100 million line stack running the plant may not be a bad thing.
Got it

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
The first group who accessed "pre-qualified" Zed dealerships with a history of high performance with GTR's and Zed's were fast tracked for real allocations that were opened up before the national campaign which generated "reservation numbers". Everyone who got a confirmed reservation should get a car this year. But the early group that was invited and called personally to participate before the national reservation campaign should get theirs first. After all, this will be my fourth Zed. I've spent a helluva lot of money on Nissan. In short, the first group was based on real allocations that will form the first production run. The reservation group will form the second production run with delivery by summer or early autumn depending on when you entered the queue.
Thanks for the clarification FBD, much appreciated. Hopefully my reservation bears fruit this summer/fall! Iā€™ve never bought a Z from our dealer but we have bought many vehicles with our sales lady as well as referrals over the last 7 yrs there. Iā€™m the first reservation for our dealer so hopefully things go well!

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Thanks for the clarification FBD, much appreciated. Hopefully my reservation bears fruit this summer/fall! Iā€™ve never bought a Z from our dealer but we have bought many vehicles with our sales lady as well as referrals over the last 7 yrs there. Iā€™m the first reservation for our dealer so hopefully things go well!
My preference is to get mine in time for summer so I can enjoy some decent weather, that's all. And like all of us we would benefit from a hard and fast delivery date. I have a Porsche to sell but there's no way I'm parting with that until I know this car is coming. In a perfect world we'd all get what we want, when we want it, because we paid for it. In a pandemic world you have to take what you get.

Reactions: MGD

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
My preference is to get mine in time for summer so I can enjoy some decent weather, that's all. And like all of us we would benefit from a hard and fast delivery date. I have a Porsche to sell but there's no way I'm parting with that until I know this car is coming. In a perfect world we'd all get what we want, when we want it, because we paid for it. In a pandemic world you have to take what you get.
Agreed! And Iā€™m in the same boat as you, I donā€™t want to get rid of the Alfa Romeo until I see it rolling off the truck ?

I did put a feeler out for it though at 70kCAD just to see if thereā€™s interest, itā€™s only got 3100kms and all the features no longer available in ā€˜22MY so I if someone wants it bad enough Iā€™ll let it go at that price. If not, come closer to delivery Iā€™ll rethink the pricing or keep it if I have good year this year.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
If you want to see why getting your car from the first production run may not be such a great idea, take a good look at this thread over on ft86 about the litany of issues first-production BRZ/GR86 recipients have had with their cars. And that car is from two companies generally viewed as among the most reliable, something that can't be said of Nissan:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148093&page=1

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
If you want to see why getting your car from the first production run may not be such a great idea, take a good look at this thread over on ft86 about the litany of issues first-production BRZ/GR86 recipients have had with their cars. And that car is from two companies generally viewed as among the most reliable, something that can't be said of Nissan:

Thanks for the link. Love your choice of words ā€œgenerally viewed as among the most reliableā€ ?. I have to add that Iā€™m not surprised with the linked issues considering Toyota has the highest historical recall rate of any manufacturer in the world. And Subaruā€™s reliability has never been a strong suit. Ironically, my Alfa Romeo as well as all of my Nissans have been top notch, as well as my former Mercedes. I have always taken JD Power with a grain of salt as either Iā€™m extremely lucky or JD has greasy palms from the ā€œTop tieredā€ manufacturers, for which I would believe the latter. People poop on Alfa for reliability but I could literally do a search and find lemon-law examples from any manufacturer. I think most importantly is how willing a manufacturer (and itā€™s dealer networks) are willing to address and rectify a problem. From the sounds of the above-linked forum, this being addressed post-haste at least! ?

I wonā€™t mind hiccups in the new Z since I have a great dealer 15km awayā€¦with my Alfa though, the dealer is 400km away ?. Which means an overnight trip and catch a Jays game with the kids ?

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Toyota has the highest historical recall rate of any manufacturer in the world
Tell the entire truth with claims like this. Toyota DOES have the most recalls, they also sell the most cars out of everyone. Itā€™s more important to view them all as an equal ratio. Letā€™s find out how many recalls / lemons per 10,000 of each company, then discuss. Numbers without backstory are dangerous to judge off of

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.

By first production run, do you mean for the whole year or maybe first few months of production?

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Tell the entire truth with claims like this. Toyota DOES have the most recalls, they also sell the most cars out of everyone. Itā€™s more important to view them all as an equal ratio. Letā€™s find out how many recalls / lemons per 10,000 of each company, then discuss. Numbers without backstory are dangerous to judge off of
Thereā€™s no truth to addā€¦more recalls equals a greater potential for recalled vehicles. Anecdotally though, they were in the middle of the pack (in the US market anyway) between 1980-2013 with a recall rate of 0.8 or 8000 per every 10000 sold which is what it is.
Forbes recall rating

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
By first production run, do you mean for the whole year or maybe first few months of production?
That remains to be seen, cars have only been in production for a few months to this point, whether the problems will get addressed quickly at the plant, who knows?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
He assumes he can get it at sticker....
Good luck, pal.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
He assumes he can get it at sticker....
Good luck, pal.
Youtube money plus advertising the dealership he'll buy from will guarantee him a "soft" ADM if any...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
After this is all over, and we are all happy driving our Zs aroundā€¦.I would love for everyone to check in with how much ADM they paid.
I think it would be really interesting ( hopefully not too painful to some) and it would also shine a light on the dealers that have done the right thing
The only way things are going to change is if the community name and shame the bad dealers and celebrate those doing the right thing by the buyer ā€¦people power can do amazing things

Last edited: