The Z interior on par with Supra?

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ A lot of the Supra's engine is made with bits and pieces from the BMW parts bin as well. Watch this video at around the 2min mark ...

As the video says at one point, that happens in a lot of cars - Aston Martin uses a lot of Mercedes, Lamborghini uses a lot of Audi, etc. It's simply a cost-saving measure, and theoretically should make parts easier to get (at least while the car is relatively new) because there are more models using the same parts.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
MotorTrend says the Supra has leather (e.g. cowhide) upholstery which is quite rare for cars under S75-100K these days. Most non-luxury cars have vinyl-based (i.e. synthetic) seats with a bit of leather--where it's perforated.

Nissan Z likely to have vinyl-based upholstery.

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
The base Supra has a leather interior where the base Z model will get cloth. No matter, the inclusion of a manual option will make the Z the best choice.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
The base Supra has a leather interior where the base Z model will get cloth. No matter, the inclusion of a manual option will make the Z the best choice.
The base 3.0 Supra and the 2.0 have half leather seats. The centers are alcantara, which I actually like better than all leather. Its weird cause the CF edition and A91 edition also have the same half leather seats. Premium model is the only one that gets full leather.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
The base 3.0 Supra and the 2.0 have half leather seats. The centers are alcantara, which I actually like better than all leather. Its weird cause the CF edition and A91 edition also have the same half leather seats. Premium model is the only one that gets full leather.
Are the centers of the performance z Alcantara or something else ? Anyone k ow ?

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
The Supra definitely has better-looking seats than the Z -- with the exception of the Nismo, which will probably have Recaro seats when it's released.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Hate to pee in your cereal, but the Supra is getting a manual

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
I got a chance to sit in it @ NYAS! It feels nice. More spacious than the supra in the seating department but hatch space is inferior to the Supra just off the strength of body design. I'd say what makes the Z appealing is the choice of suede(maybe alcantara?) in certain areas. That i think people would value over the mostly leather, soft plastic in the Supra. By default, the Supra feels more premium because of it's partial BMW nature but sitting in the Z kind of felt like a nice breathe of fresh air too. I made a youtube video about it if you want to get a actual look. (interior coverage starts @ 0:53)

I did like the interior materials. The overall design is pretty good in my opinion.

Last edited:

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
MotorTrend says the Supra has leather (e.g. cowhide) upholstery which is quite rare for cars under S75-100K these days. Most non-luxury cars have vinyl-based (i.e. synthetic) seats with a bit of leather--where it's perforated.

Nissan Z likely to have vinyl-based upholstery.
Smells good, but it's not great leather based on how mine is wearing.

Due to long ass doors, I rub against the edge of the drivers seat on almost every entry and it has caused a decent amount of wear through the leather. There is also a seam between your legs that is doing the same.

Last edited:

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
The Supra will likely have the better interior. It's all BMW materials in there, and even last gen BMW bits will likely be better than what Nissan comes up for this. People at the shows are saying they notice some heavy scratching already, and that center console looks like some of the cheapest, hardest plastic I've seen this side of a Plano tackle box. I believe even some others mentioned it that sat in it. I was able to look in person, but couldn't get and sit in it unfortunately. I hope it's good enough.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Sat in both Supra and Z in the NY auto show. I was expecting a nice BMW interior on the Supra but it turned out to be mediocre with a very dated look. The Z, I was expecting a cheap interior because it is a Nissan. I was completely wrong. There were a few cheap-looking plastic trim pieces but the rest were really nice and have a good quality feel to them.
In b4 the Zupra boys call you a lying Nissan fanboy :p