The Z interior on par with Supra?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I got a chance to sit in it @ NYAS! It feels nice. More spacious than the supra in the seating department but hatch space is inferior to the Supra just off the strength of body design. I'd say what makes the Z appealing is the choice of suede(maybe alcantara?) in certain areas. That i think people would value over the mostly leather, soft plastic in the Supra. By default, the Supra feels more premium because of it's partial BMW nature but sitting in the Z kind of felt like a nice breathe of fresh air too. I made a youtube video about it if you want to get a actual look. (interior coverage starts @ 0:53)

I did like the interior materials. The overall design is pretty good in my opinion. If I had to give the
@rvlbrs if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? You're one of the few (from what I've seen/can tell) who's had the chance to sit in the car to-date. Have been curious how it is for bigger guys like myself—seems like there's a decent amount of room, but always helpful to have more perspectives.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
This BMW quality for you :p

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Sat in both Supra and Z in the NY auto show. I was expecting a nice BMW interior on the Supra but it turned out to be mediocre with a very dated look.
That's in part because a lot of it came from BMW's last gen parts bin. I think the only thing unique to the car is the gauge cluster designed by Toyota which somehow looks worst than the Z4 imo.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
That's in part because a lot of it came from BMW's last gen parts bin. I think the only thing unique to the car is the gauge cluster designed by Toyota which somehow looks worst than the Z4 imo.
Right, but for 10-15k less than the equivalent BMW counterpart some corners had to be cut lol.

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
@rvlbrs if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? You're one of the few (from what I've seen/can tell) who's had the chance to sit in the car to-date. Have been curious how it is for bigger guys like myself—seems like there's a decent amount of room, but always helpful to have more perspectives.
I'm 6'3" about 250 lbs. I fit in the Supra fine with correct seating adjustment. Getting into the Z was a cake walk. Definitely more real estate in the seating department.

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
I'm 6'3" about 250 lbs. I fit in the Supra fine with correct seating adjustment. Getting into the Z was a cake walk. Definitely more real estate in the seating department.
6'1 here, the Supra made me feel very claustrophobic

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
6'1 here, the Supra made me feel very claustrophobic
Same. 6'2 here and had no legroom in the Supra. I had pretty much decided agaisnt it when I saw it in person because I didn't like the looks.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ 2-seaters tend to do that, unless they're open-top. Maybe you should try a 2+2 like the Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ - the back seat space, although virtually useless as seats, do mean it feels roomier.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
6ft, no issues with the Supra. I probably have a couple of inches above my head and I have my drivers seat quite a bit forward too.

Never understood the big visibility gripes. I have no issues with visibility around the car except if its pointing downwards due to road slop and I'm at a light.