LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
If you read the letter from Nissan. They can check by the build.
If I were you I would check your car personally to see if that same bumper fender flaw around the headlight is there, because there is no fix for that unless they replace the whole front end,The flaw is in the plastic around the headlight. At this point I don't think I would trust anything Nissan is saying.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
If I were you I would check your car personally to see if that same bumper fender flaw around the headlight is there, because there is no fix for that unless they replace the whole front end,The flaw is in the plastic around the headlight. At this point I don't think I would trust anything Nissan is saying.
I saw pics of it but I’ll look out either way.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
GM sells C8's with worse defects and doesn't even blink an eye. 😁 Read the 128 pages of problems in the Corvette Forum's C8 Problems sticky thread. One guy ordered his with body-color "boomerangs" which are normally black, and three were body color and the other wasn't.

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
The QC guys at the plant are gonna be crushed. No kidding- those folks take their job very seriously.

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
Great, now I gotta go overly-inspect my car. But it's black, so I wonder if I will even be able to really tell?

OP
OP
StrikeS30

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I found this on mine after a few days

IMG_20221105_104811_edit_594234340904117.jpg
Mine seems fine, I inspected the entire area and it seems like on mine the light is more spaced out away from the bumper.

nissanzheadlight.jpg
Nice!
Looks like as per the memo the gap on the headlight was probably not spaced out in that corner well enough, and the rubbing action caused the paint to wear/chip in the corner. I guess as long as you've got a decent little gap there, and it's not moving around to rub, it should be totally fine. Yours looks good here. Probably wouldn't hurt to add like a tiny piece of clear wrap or ppf of some variety into the very corner to prevent any rub in the future

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Mine seems fine, I inspected the entire area and it seems like on mine the light is more spaced out away from the bumper.

nissanzheadlight.jpg
The corner looks fine but from a few inches over to the right looks like the headlight is rubbing against the paint,that could be a concern over time.

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
The corner looks fine but from a few inches over to the right looks like the headlight is rubbing against the paint,that could be a concern over time.
It's just the angle of the photo there's space in between I also put pressure on the light and bumper to see if there would be any rubbing from vibrations but it's not touching. I noticed on yellow pic there's an extra piece of clear plastic on the lens that doesn't exist on mine.

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GM sells C8's with worse defects and doesn't even blink an eye. 😁 Read the 128 pages of problems in the Corvette Forum's C8 Problems sticky thread. One guy ordered his with body-color "boomerangs" which are normally black, and three were body color and the other wasn't.
How about the front shock towers cracking on the C8 Z06?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I bet that is Nissan's so called fix.If it is it still demonstrates a design flaw.
there was a similar issue with the GTRs a few years ago. the bumper alignment would cause rubbing and the paint would peel right near the headlight housing. Nissan put a small piece of clear plastic protectant in that area and that was their fix. it was very isolated and just involved a handful of cars.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
BA0932A9-B88F-43A6-8AF7-2B9E09126D15.jpeg

The rubber spacer makes me imagine a tech just taking the gum out of their mouth and shoving it in between the bumper and light. Problem solved. Make sure you buy the correct colored OEM gum!

Part #: 26010-6GP0A-YLW
Part #: 26010-6GP0A-RED
Part #: 26010-6GP0A-BLU