LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Confused with this post, ordered in 2022 for a 2023, so is there any difference getting a 2023 model in 2023? Honestly just confused at the logistics 🤷‍♂️
It just means the rumours were true,it does'nt take 10 months to get a car that was built last march there must be a reason why they were held up that there not letting on.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
It just means the rumours were true,it does'nt take 10 months to get a car that was built last march there must be a reason why they were held up that there not letting on.
I believe there was a perfect storm of stop sales and such that happened early. The manual transmission I believe has been replaced in all these early cars due to that grinding issue. I believe the hold up at port was while they were waiting for a solution/replacement transmission, and bringing in teams of people to replace them. The cars in the USA that shipped out early have the same stop sale issue with the M/T. I believe owners are being notified of a recall to replace the transmission entirely. I'm sure it took time to find the exact problem, source all the replacement units and people to do the work before they could continue these cars journey.

My dealership could not and would not comment on the specifics of that, but he agreed I was .. kind of on the ball when it came to the reasons why, and was surprised I knew so many details.

But, now that these issues have been resolved or are being resolved currently, they can finally continue along with shipping the built cars that have been waiting. It's a shame it was such a set back, and delay. These cars could have been here months ago for launch. The cars we are seeing just now popping up at the dealerships are their one and only random allocation they get for demo purposes. Some dealers are unsuspectingly selling them off to customers. They are apparently free to do what they want with their allocation. Demo, or a sale. Most of them are holding onto their random allocation to help drive more sales. My dealer received a white car, they did not order one ;p

Mind you, this is not any official information. I believe they kind of told the dealers and social media teams to keep it quiet, that's why they've had no real 'information' for us. But, it's from me following exactly what I've seen around the internet since I've placed my own order in January. Kind of just putting all the pieces together myself

And you are kind of correct. Its sad that these poor cars were built in March/April, and have been sitting around for that long awaiting a solution. :(

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Congrats! Great color, and a manual to boot. Did they explain what Nissan did to remedy the 2nd gear grind issues? Replace the entire unit?

Keep us updated on your upgrades!

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Yes, and no. Papers are signed, and the car is officially mine, but I made a deal with the dealership that benefits both of us. Because there is 4ft of snow where I live, and they love to salt the roads, it won't be driven until the spring. The dealership agreed to keep it in the show room, roped off so people can see it but not touch until the spring when I can drive it. I get free, secure storage, and the dealership gets to let customers see the car, so win win in my books
I was going to say you could always leave her in my garage. ;)

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
I wonder if this is the same Z that @Cmtremor canceled on
No it isn’t… doesn’t have blue interior but I’m sure the dealer will still call me when it arrives so I can let you know! At 8.5% I’m not sure how many people would actually be willing to sign that

Beautiful car btw! Congrats op!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
congrats! looks awesome!
blue and boulder are my fav colors so far, need to see them both side by side

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Congrats! Great color, and a manual to boot. Did they explain what Nissan did to remedy the 2nd gear grind issues? Replace the entire unit?

Keep us updated on your upgrades!
friend of mine is an engineer at Nissan; forgot exactly what he told me, but iirc there was some part in the transmission that was out of spec by like an inch & was a stupid mistake that was easily fixed. From what i've been reading, they are swapping out entire transmissions; think I recall hearing from either my buddy at Nissan or somewhere in the forums that they had sent teams to the ports to fix/replace the transmissions on the spot

edit: this is to say the manuals are currently being fixed or are fixed already

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
How much mark up did you pay? I saw a dealer in Toronto selling a red one for 80k before tax....