jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
It was not a proto, a dealer on vancouver island.
Yeah these markups are even more stupid. These things are gonna sit tbh the market here even for the supra is really low and they are selling msrp with no tacky bs add ons. If my preorder ever comes and they try that bs ill be definitely out. Keep in mind the finance rate is horrible also. Campbell river nissan is trying to sell a sport trim for 20k over too

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Yeah these markups are even more stupid. These things are gonna sit tbh the market here even for the supra is really low and they are selling msrp with no tacky bs add ons. If my preorder ever comes and they try that bs ill be definitely out. Keep in mind the finance rate is horrible also. Campbell river nissan is trying to sell a sport trim for 20k over too
They told me all the Island Nissan dealers are doing this, There nuts, I can buy a fully loaded BMW m240i for that price and get a considerably better car ,performance wise and tech wise and BMW sell for msrp.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
They told me all the Island Nissan dealers are doing this, There nuts, I can buy a fully loaded BMW m240i for that price and get a considerably better car ,performance wise and tech wise and BMW sell for msrp.
Let them sit honestly, no one is buying these cars on the island thats for damn sure, and i wouldn’t support them either

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research

And the m240i can come in that beautiful purple color. I’m growing tired of waiting on the Z and have been looking at the m240i, especially with the AWD option. But the styling on the Z is what keeps me holding out..

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
And the m240i can come in that beautiful purple color. I’m growing tired of waiting on the Z and have been looking at the m240i, especially with the AWD option. But the styling on the Z is what keeps me holding out..
Yes the Z is a better looking car but if they are going to ask 73k for a performance Z they can keep it for some other fool.I will not pay more than MSRP for any car and I can get use to the 240i styling.In Canada the AWD is not an option it comes standard.Everything else in the 240i is way above the Z from tech to performance.I have a friend that has one and he got 41 mpg on a highway trip.That engine is something else.

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
Yes the Z is a better looking car but if they are going to ask 73k for a performance Z they can keep it for some other fool.I will not pay more than MSRP for any car and I can get use to the 240i styling.In Canada the AWD is not an option it comes standard.Everything else in the 240i is way above the Z from tech to performance.I have a friend that has one and he got 41 mpg on a highway trip.That engine is something else.
41 mpg with 381hp (which somehow outperforms the 400hp of the Z?)? That’s insane. I might genuinely start looking for a m240i

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My tuned 2016 GTI would touch 40mpg on road trips, and that's with frequently getting into boost, especially through mountain passes.
Very high 20's in town driving like I stole it.

Doesn't surprise me that the BMW does so well!

My Q60 is almost as bad as a half ton truck, my best highway mpgs are lower than my worst city mpgs with the GTI.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Been watching sales on the Z a bit and finally saw a yellow proto Manual in person on Thursday last week. they were $20K over msrp, I said no way. They said they had a buyer interested who was going to talk to his smarter half. Car was still there today.

I follow Autotrader on the Z and December 5th (might have been November 5th) there we I think 12 total units (autos/manuals). Got as high as 86 I think. Today 73. I'm looking for manual performance in Rosewood so I typically sort out the Autos. When I looked at the 73 total units today I counted about (hoping I didn't double count any) 18 Proto's mostly yellow. thats 24% of the units are Proto's still on Autotrader. Have the buyers willing to pay crazy mark ups, been satisfied or are many waiting for Market Adjustments to be less that $5K or zero as with the Canadian buyer? I had two dealers contact me today that have units or some coming in shortly wanting to know if I'm still interested. One proto still $20K over another non proto $10k over msrp. Both have "a number of interested buyers" and does not include the proto I looked at nearby Thursday at $20K over. If thats the case why are they not pre-sold....? Not sure I'm buying it and I think time will show the You Tube buyers, and builders/suppliers have what they need. And regular smarter folks are not willing to go over MSRP and likely might start offering less than MSRP. I also thought the Proto's were "sold out" since the start of this a year or so ago. Maybe I mistaken.

So if any dealers on this forum, let me know if you have a Performance Manual available. Colors Rosewood or the Red maybe, Maybe blue, I really need to see in person.. Black interior, no red/blue accents... If you are past the ad on market ups and selling at or below MSRP and a free Nissan Z hat are in your capabilities lets talk.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Been watching sales on the Z a bit and finally saw a yellow proto Manual in person on Thursday last week. they were $20K over msrp, I said no way. They said they had a buyer interested who was going to talk to his smarter half. Car was still there today.

I follow Autotrader on the Z and December 5th (might have been November 5th) there we I think 12 total units (autos/manuals). Got as high as 86 I think. Today 73. I'm looking for manual performance in Rosewood so I typically sort out the Autos. When I looked at the 73 total units today I counted about (hoping I didn't double count any) 18 Proto's mostly yellow. thats 24% of the units are Proto's still on Autotrader. Have the buyers willing to pay crazy mark ups, been satisfied or are many waiting for Market Adjustments to be less that $5K or zero as with the Canadian buyer? I had two dealers contact me today that have units or some coming in shortly wanting to know if I'm still interested. One proto still $20K over another non proto $10k over msrp. Both have "a number of interested buyers" and does not include the proto I looked at nearby Thursday at $20K over. If thats the case why are they not pre-sold....? Not sure I'm buying it and I think time will show the You Tube buyers, and builders/suppliers have what they need. And regular smarter folks are not willing to go over MSRP and likely might start offering less than MSRP. I also thought the Proto's were "sold out" since the start of this a year or so ago. Maybe I mistaken.

So if any dealers on this forum, let me know if you have a Performance Manual available. Colors Rosewood or the Red maybe, Maybe blue, I really need to see in person.. Black interior, to red/blue accents... If you are past the ad on market ups and selling at or below MSRP and a free Nissan Z hat are in your capabilities lets talk.
I was fortunate to have a great dealership, and paid MSRP, which I think all dealers should!

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Thats so cool to have a good dealer that does it right, not greedy and likely will have a repeat customer. One dealer that contacted me today with the $10K over I spoke with a year ago when my oldest and youngest sons were looking for new trucks and I put my name on their Z list. Told him then my oldest leaning Toyota but they had stupid market adjustments. He told me his dealer would not have market adjustments and that is a bad practice...he used other words I don't want to repeat here. I reminded him of that discussion today. If they played it right, My oldest bought a couple year old Toyota last year anyway but my youngest who has a 2019 Frontier now bought at that same dealer new in 2019 is still in the market for a pro4X Frontier.....So potential repeat customer two new vehicle deal with one traded in 2019 Frontier???? Dealers tend to think only of today's sale vs. long term repeat customers like the old days.

Has anyone in USA been able to work with a dealer to "Order" a Z and get a ETA or is ordering still not in the cards.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I was fortunate to have a great dealership, and paid MSRP, which I think all dealers should!
I thought in Canada they're required to sell at MSRP? Now I've heard some dealers do "things" to get around that such as selling them as used (even though they're basically new) and charging for "add-ons." Bastards I tell ya.

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I don't think this is true in Canada, last year when I was looking around (window browsing) I came across a C8 with an MSRP of 90k, and they were asking 130k. I think they get around it by the "suggested" retail price

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I'm really hoping that because they have been so good they will do my downpipe install for me while the transmission is being replaced. Would save allot of headaches getting to that v-band on the turbo! Will find out Friday.