jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Pretty much a marketing campaign, they allocated all the dealerships to use as a showroom to take more deposits(and not deliver) or just plain sell them. In the other persons case his name was tied to one

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Wow! First one online I seen go! Congrats man we’re happy for you.

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Crazy how they even sent u guys 2 units? All the big dealers in my area got protos while others got performancespecs
So just to clarify, the demo car was only at the dealership for a couple hours, then left to the next location after that.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Ahhh, I think you got super lucky with your dealership! The early 'demo' you're thinking of was the Nissan Canada dealership tour car that was going around! Apparently these new ones, each dealership gets an allocation for a car of their own, whether they use it for a show room model or to sell if they aren't bothered to keep it, it's apparently up to them what they do with their single allocation. And well, your guys decided to sell it to you because it matched your order type and you were the top of their list, which is awesome. I think another guy in Sask got the one his dealer got for their allocation too. That's awesome either way. My dealership got a white car for their allocation, and they're keeping it on the display floor for now. There's a passion red one in London, but I believe they're keeping it too for now

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
So my arrangement with the dealership works out in both parties favor. Because I'm in Ontario with 4ft of snow on the ground I will not be driving it until the spring, and all the salt is cleared. They agreed to keep it at the dealership for me, roped off for people to see but not touch. This gives me free heated, secure storage unil the spring, and gives them an opportunity to show it off to customers.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Crazy how they even sent u guys 2 units? All the big dealers in my area got protos while others got performancespecs
So my arrangement with the dealership works out in both parties favor. Because I'm in Ontario with 4ft of snow on the ground I will not be driving it until the spring, and all the salt is cleared. They agreed to keep it at the dealership for me, roped off for people to see but not touch. This gives me free heated, secure storage unil the spring, and gives them an opportunity to show it off to customers.
I'm driving my Z into the snow on day one, with winter tires of course. :)

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I'm driving my Z into the snow on day one, with winter tires of course. :)
They use a ton of salt on our roads, so don't want to introduce salt to it at all. I know some places only use sand so that would be fine, but the salt will just eat it away, especially the amount they use here

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Also, I got the extended warranty which covers every nut and bolt (except brakes and windshield wipers) for 7 years which is amazing for a newly released car

Pharmacist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 335i FBO
Occupation
Pharmacist
Also the demo had the blue accents added to the interior. I thought it was a little much, so went with full black and couldn't be happier
Nah blue on blue is too much you made the right choice imo.

I chose blue interior and the flat Boulder Grey as I reasoned I'd be sitting inside the car mainly so would want to be immersed in a cool colour in exchange for having my secondary exterior colour choice.

Your car is a beaut! I'm first/second in line at my dealership so I'll be in your shoes in a few months hopefully. Would like to recieve it early spring to avoid the salt but wouldn't pass up recieving it earlier and having paint sealant and some mods installed (exhaust) while awaiting the thaw.

Were you first in line at your dealership and how high volume/how many allocations is that dealer slated to get this year?

Once again congratulations! :)

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
did you finiance? whats the interest rate like?
I had a good down payment and did finance the remaining amount, and interest rate is horrible, 8.5%. My plan is to get a home equity line of credit with allot lower interest rate and pay the remainder of the balance off with that to save a bit of money