Selling the 2023 Z over MSRP

Nezluver66

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota gr supra 3.0 premium
This morning I was told by Cedric Martin the Internet Director at Five Star Nissan of Albany GA that the 2023 Z was going to be marked up 5 to 10 thousand over MSRP.

OP
OP
Nezluver66

Nezluver66

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota gr supra 3.0 premium
so dont buy it , im not sure what to say other thn keep looking.... you might have to go out of state
Don't worry cuz I have a 300 mile radius of dealerships I'm in contact with. Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, and Florida.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Don't worry cuz I have a 300 mile radius of dealerships I'm in contact with. Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, and Florida.
i dont have that, im way the fuck down here, i would have to use one of my haulers to get anything out of state

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
i dont have that, im way the fuck down here, i would have to use one of my haulers to get anything out of state
Try to find a dealer online selling for MSRP, then fly there and drive it back. It'll be a bit more expensive, but cheaper than ADM. More fun too!

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
Try to find a dealer online selling for MSRP, then fly there and drive it back. It'll be a bit more expensive, but cheaper than ADM. More fun too!
This. Road trips are always nice. You get the break in period out of the way too, if there is one. Alternately, prior to the explosion in fuel pricing, you could pretty much fly in an out of a city anywhere in the states, and arrange to have the car shipped in a closed trailer back home for less than places ask for ADM. 10k adm and you could still do it I'd wager. After months of searching I got my car @ MSRP but that was my backup plan if nothing came through locally.

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This morning I was told by Cedric Martin the Internet Director at Five Star Nissan of Albany GA that the 2023 Z was going to be marked up 5 to 10 thousand over MSRP.
I think Z will mostly be a big spender car for a while. And that's just not my style. Plus I'm not one to jump through hoops playing Where's Waldo to spend money. But will look forward to driver reports, hope it ends up a great vehicle, and see what the situation is like end of year or more likely in 2023.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Not surprising really. On average across every dealer in the US it will probably be marked up $5k+.

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition

Dealerships are seeing record profits during this time and it definitely feels like they're using this opportunity to desensitize consumers to the term "market adjustment" so that they can continue to add that line item on top of MSRP well beyond 2022. Shop around and be patient, and yes go out of state to get treated fairly.

ZedNotZee

I guess selling over MSRP is only illegal in Canada if it involves new cars.:rolleyes: Yesterday I looked at a 2019 370Z Coupe Sport 6MT with 33,000+ kilometres on it and a CarFax Report that showed it had 2 previous owners and had been involved in one collision. The dealer was asking $40,000 for it. Original MSRP was $34,198. Even if you allow for inflation, that's only $37,325. No thanks. If the car was a collector's item I would understand however I'm guessing a 370Z is not such an animal.