pghfan2000

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Nissan 350Z
All,

I'm toying with selling my 2023 Black Performance Z (Manual Transmission), graphite leather, illuminated kick plate, garage kept with ~1,800 miles, purchased in May. Added ceramic coating, 25% window tint and wheel locks. Paid $57,500 prior to the added items. Thoughts on pricing and the best way to sell? Appreciate the help!

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
What’s the dealer offering for trade in?

good luck either way!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
for reference on price im trading in my black performance auto with 2200 miles next week on a NISMO to the dealer for 51,500. with the tax savings in my state that is the same as private selling it for about 53,100. that means the dealer is gonna ask 55-56K minimum im guessing. I decided to trade as I think 53-54K would be the ceiling of what I could have gotten for it anyway in this market. im going to say your Z will fall in that range

OP
OP

pghfan2000

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Nissan 350Z
for reference on price im trading in my black performance auto with 2100 miles next week on a NISMO to the dealer for 51,500. with the tax savings in my state that is the same as private selling it for about 53,100. that means the dealer is gonna ask 55-56K minimum im guessing. I decided to trade as I think 53-54K would be the ceiling of what I could have gotten for it anyway in this market. im going to say your Z will fall in that range
Was hoping you'd reply. Your post gave me the idea. I was itching for a used Nismo when the new Z came out and now wish I would have waited. I'm in St. Louis and will explore the same path. Thanks!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Was hoping you'd reply. Your post gave me the idea. I was itching for a used Nismo when the new Z came out and now wish I would have waited. I'm in St. Louis and will explore the same path. Thanks!

so I did a lot of research by watching facebook marketplace ads of both used and new Z's with a influx of 2024s what I determined was 54K ish private sale would be the most I could ask and probably get a quick sell to line up with the delivery of the NISMO. when the dealer offered me 51500 and the fact im paying sales tax on like 20K instead of 70K it just made sense to go that route and simply turn in my keys that day. I had another NISMO lined up at MSRP and I got a lower offer on my Z that made the other one make more sense. so I would try to see what a trade number is for a baseline and then gauge your private sell off of that. in pristine condtion with those miles and ceramic which isnt cheap to the right person you might get 55K but but that 53K+ with tax savings range is where I felt comfortable moving on from mine at. the dealer wouldnt come up even another $500 to 52K on mine so it felt like that was the wall I was hitting on trade. like I said i wouldnt be surprised if they retailed my car 56-57K+

I saw a facebook ad for a black performance with 600 miles going for 51,099 at a dealer which made be feel better about my deal

if you have access to auction sites take a look there to gauge the low side of what a dealer might put in it.

1000000147.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

pghfan2000

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Nissan 350Z
so I did a lot of research by watching facebook marketplace ads of both used and new Z's with a influx of 2024s what I determined was 54K ish private sale would be the most I could ask and probably get a quick sell to line up with the delivery of the NISMO. when the dealer offered me 51500 and the fact im paying sales tax on like 20K instead of 70K it just made sense to go that route and simply turn in my keys that day. I had another NISMO lined up at MSRP and I got a lower offer on my Z that made the other one make more sense. so I would try to see what a trade number is for a baseline and then gauge your private sell off of that. in pristine condtion with those miles and ceramic which isnt cheap to the right person you might get 55K but but that 53K+ with tax savings range is where I felt comfortable moving on from mine at. the dealer wouldnt come up even another $500 to 52K on mine so it felt like that was the wall I was hitting on trade. like I said i wouldnt be surprised if they retailed my car 56-57K+

I saw a facebook ad for a black performance with 600 miles going for 51,099 at a dealer which made be feel better about my deal

if you have access to auction sites take a look there to gauge the low side of what a dealer might put in it.

1000000147.jpg
Thanks McN1smo. I'll get back to you....got to get to work.

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Man I would jump on this trend with you guys but I cannot get past the automatic. When are they giving us the manual Nismo?

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Man I would jump on this trend with you guys but I cannot get past the automatic. When are they giving us the manual Nismo?
Pretty sure Nissan reps have already mentioned something along the lines of if the demand is there, they’ll make it happen.

I strongly believe the AT-only move was to “put their best foot forward” regarding performance reviews, in response to the thrashing the launch Z got from the car community, with plans to release a MT variant as a mid-cycle refresh

OP
OP

pghfan2000

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Nissan 350Z
Looking into it. Depends on the offer for my Z and the price of the NISMO.

RickydeeZ23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, Manual, sports
Occupation
RET
No
Are you getting a NISMO?
No, not until later in the year. Car dealerships in AL do not have the capabilities to work on this new model car as I have experienced when they couldn't perform the latest recall because they didn't have any information on the vehicle. I had to wait three days for a simple adjustment. I didn't mind waiting but I was confused as to why a Nissan Dealership didn't know anything about the mechanics of the Nissan. It's almost like they aren't retrained or certified on new Nissan vehicles. I think it's an injustice for the customers in this area.