bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
1000018602.jpg
My car came with a set of options that included the the floor mat package, illuminated kick plates, and the scuff guards.

1000018606.png

I really like the kick plates. They look great, they're well made, they're installed well, and they really add to the look of the car.

The scuff guards: not so much.

The scuff guards are not installed well, and they look kind of cheap. I've been thinking of removing them, but I'm a little worried about damaging what's underneath.

Has anybody installed or removed these?

What are your thoughts on the value of the scuff guards?

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
I have the same package. The scuff guards don’t bother me much.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
1000018602.jpg
My car came with a set of options that included the the floor mat package, illuminated kick plates, and the scuff guards.

1000018606.png

I really like the kick plates. They look great, they're well made, they're installed well, and they really add to the look of the car.

The scuff guards: not so much.

The scuff guards are not installed well, and they look kind of cheap. I've been thinking of removing them, but I'm a little worried about damaging what's underneath.

Has anybody installed or removed these?

What are your thoughts on the value of the scuff guards?
I ordered the kick plates and scuff guards as we dont get these options in AUS, the scuff guards are installed with 3m tape, should come off easy and clean uo with an alcohol wipe

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered the kick plates and scuff guards as we dont get these options in AUS, the scuff guards are installed with 3m tape, should come off easy and clean uo with an alcohol wipe
Did you receive any install everything yet? What are your thoughts?

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
1000018602.jpg
I appreciate the photo... mine came wit the same package but I had no clue what a scuff guard is. As it turns out, I have one. Didn't notice/

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I appreciate the photo... mine came wit the same package but I had no clue what a scuff guard is. As it turns out, I have one. Didn't notice/
The main reason I notice is that when I wash the car, I wipe down the scuff guard, and it flexes and pops, adding to the cheap feeling. The cutout for the reflector looks strange as well: too much space between the opening and the reflector, or the reflector seems sunken. Something's off.

Anyway, I have some time off towards the end of the month. Maybe I'll pull these off. If I do, I'll send updated pictures.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
The main reason I notice is that when I wash the car, I wipe down the scuff guard, and it flexes and pops, adding to the cheap feeling. The cutout for the reflector looks strange as well: too much space between the opening and the reflector, or the reflector seems sunken. Something's off.

Anyway, I have some time off towards the end of the month. Maybe I'll pull these off. If I do, I'll send updated pictures.
To me, they're not intrusive so I'll leave them on. Inevitably, they'll get scuffed over time and I'll remove them when I ultimately prepare to sell it.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
My Proto doesn't have scuff guards....my Nismo does have them. Doesn't make a difference to me either way. I'm always careful entering and exiting my NICE cars anyway. So I could take it or leave it. Scuff guards don't look bad tho.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I had to go buy a roll of 3M tape and redo my passenger side one as it was popping off around the exit light. these things do feel sorta cheap and are just stuck on

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had to go buy a roll of 3M tape and redo my passenger side one as it was popping off around the exit light. these things do feel sorta cheap and are just stuck on
Yeah. I've been thinking of removing mine, but I'm a bit worried about what the tape might leave behind.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Yeah. I've been thinking of removing mine, but I'm a bit worried about what the tape might leave behind.
It's just pieces of the gray double sided tape it peels right off. Nothing permanent