Splash Guards and Spare Tire

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Permformance Black Diamond Pearl (Graphite)
I just pulled the trigger today on a black Performance 9-speed auto. It’s in transit at the moment. Dealer expecting it this month.

A couple of questions. I assume the emergency tire repair kit that they are including instead of a spare is in the same place the spare used to be on the 370Z? If you remove the kit is there room for a space saver spare and jack? Is there a “receptacle” so that a bolt can hold the spare in place? I’m thinking of trying to buy a spare if there is room for it. I’ve just heard too many horror stories about the sealer stuff.

Splash guards. The Nissan website says this is a factory installed item only. Yet, I’ve not seen any new Z so equipped. Seems they shouldn’t be that hard to install if they are readily available from the parts department. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks for all of the good info on here. I have learned a lot in the past week!

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
I just pulled the trigger today on a black Performance 9-speed auto. It’s in transit at the moment. Dealer expecting it this month.

A couple of questions. I assume the emergency tire repair kit that they are including instead of a spare is in the same place the spare used to be on the 370Z? If you remove the kit is there room for a space saver spare and jack? Is there a “receptacle” so that a bolt can hold the spare in place? I’m thinking of trying to buy a spare if there is room for it. I’ve just heard too many horror stories about the sealer stuff.

Splash guards. The Nissan website says this is a factory installed item only. Yet, I’ve not seen any new Z so equipped. Seems they shouldn’t be that hard to install if they are readily available from the parts department. Any thoughts would be welcome.

I don't think there's a usable cavity for the spare, as that's where the subwoofer is. You might be able to swap that out though

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO

welcome! Congrats I just bought the exact car as this week and also expecting it in a couple weeks aswell.

the splash guards can be dealer installed but I personally dont like how they look at all as the really break up the body line of the rear. they might be ok on black like our cars as it would blend better but still feel like a tacked on afterthought. mine also didnt have them which I was thankful for. only thing on mine was floor mats and the light up door kick plates

Splash guards are $335 for the set of 4

1677984204306.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think there's a usable cavity for the spare, as that's where the subwoofer is. You might be able to swap that out though

Thanks very much. Looks like the only possibility might be to remove the foam and see if the subwoofer will fit inside the wheel like it did on my 370Z. In the meantime I guess I better avoid getting a flat tire! :)

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
welcome! I just bought the exact car as you and also expecting it in a couple weeks.

the splash guards can be dealer installed but I personally dont like how they look at all as the really break up the body line of the rear diffuser. they might be ok on black like our cars as it would blend better but mine also didnt have them. only thing on mine was floor mats and the light up door kick plates

they are $335 for the set of 4

1677984204306.png
Thank you. I had only seen pictures of the front ones. Those back ones are awful! What were they thinking? Let's hope we both enjoy our "twins"!

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Thank you. I had only seen pictures of the front ones. Those back ones are awful! What were they thinking? Let's hope we both enjoy or "twins"!
they are really bad and yeah twins for sure

SRF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S30 Z31
Space saver area looks identical to 370z.
take the filler foam out. Put a wheel in. Speaker fits in wheel with the hold down. There is a top piece in a 370z that you will need also. Cutouts for all the tools.
9E083320-FEB0-4931-95FC-EAD02339EE47.jpeg
BF6140F7-7099-400D-9AA2-B3A0ED2F2EAC.jpeg
40A57752-B82A-4207-93D5-8EA9D660709C.jpeg

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you SRF!

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist

I bought the splash guards last year during cyber sale last year, blue ones, think they wil be easy to install. Now just waiting on the car to arrive

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Lgata

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2954.JPG

I just did this on a 2023 Performance.

Get yourself a spare wheel from a 2015-2018 Q50 or 370Z Nismo. Make sure it's the 18x4 size. NOT THE 17".
Clears the Akebono's on the Performance.

You'll retain the bose system inside the spare and all your covers and foam will fit just as OE. Pick up a Jack kit from a 370Z or Q also.

Still don't understand why it wasn't there from the factory. Wieght savings or cost cutting?

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2954.JPG

Get yourself a spare wheel from a 2015-2018 Q50 or 370Z Nismo. Make sure it's the 18x4 size. NOT THE 17".

You'll retain the bose system inside the spare and all your covers and foam will fit just as OE. Pick up a Jack kit from a 370Z or Q also.

Still don't understand why it wasn't there from the factory. Wieght savings or cost cutting?
great...thanks for sharing! i bet a lot of people will do something similar

and as an added bonus, the rim is black, @takemorepills favorite wheel color...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2954.JPG

Beautiful post.

Remember folks, same monocoque as a 370Z. There's a ton of plug and play.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2954.JPG

Thanks very much! Just got my wheel/tire and jack on eBay. Should be here by the weekend or early next week. I'm sure Nissan will tell us it is for weight savings, but I know darn well that it is becasue it's saving them a few bucks on every car sold.