Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
The GR86 is a nimble little two seater but its not in the same league as the Z and Supra.

Its been proven time and time again that if you add any decent power mods the engine will crap out.

To do it right you need to go forged internals on a built engine. And at $10K and headaches its just not worth it.

I’ve seen many people use the 86/BRZs as a platform to jump to the next level in performance once their budget allows.

-RJM

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
The GR86 is a nimble little two seater but its not in the same league as the Z and Supra.

Its been proven time and time again that if you add any decent power mods the engine will crap out.

To do it right you need to go forged internals on a built engine. And at $10K and headaches its just not worth it.

I’ve seen many people use the 86/BRZs as a platform to jump to the next level in performance once their budget allows.

-RJM
Actually the GR86 is a 4 seater, so yeah the Z and Supra would have lost the space/flexibility comparison and are not in it's league. ;)

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Now, the manual Supra comparison, let's see.. That B58 is awesome out of the box.
I'm real interested to see how things balance out once the manual Supra is in reviewer hands. I imagine some of the distinctions will blur

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
The biggest take away from this video is that choosing one or the other is driver preference.

The Z does seem more user friendly for daily driving and the Supra is more of an excitement hold on to your butts type of ride.

They both cater to a unique driving style. I would like to add a Z to my garage as a fun daily grocery getter type of car. It has that cool retro vibe and better visibilty.

And if I’m feeling spicy then the Supra will come out and go Scat Pack hunting. 😈

-RJM
This is the main reason I want one. The Z being the Alpha and my Supra being the Omega haha.

I'm in a pickle because I've grown to really want to upgrade my FRS to a new GR86 but I really don't want to have a slow car anymore. It's fun to drive and row gears, but the lack of speed gets to me more and more after 6 years lol. The Z would make a great garage mate.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
if anyone is really wanting a better car in all aspects, it would probably be smart to wait for the nismo.

maybe nissan is planning on it being the track/street monster...and there is no reason it can't now that they have a lot of reviews and track testing done to compare the 2 vehicles.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
if anyone is really wanting a better car in all aspects, it would probably be smart to wait for the nismo.

maybe nissan is planning on it being the track/street monster...and there is no reason it can't now that they have a lot of reviews and track testing done to compare the 2 vehicles.
Yea, it seems like some of us will have to hold onto that candle now..hopefully the Z Nismo is better then 3.0 Premium Supra...that is before they release a GRMN etc version lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Yea, it seems like some of us will have to hold onto that candle now..hopefully the Z Nismo is better then 3.0 Premium Supra...that is before they release a GRMN etc version lol
yes...let's hope nissan and toyota start duking it trying to 1 up each other. competition is good.

similar to the ford/chevy/dodge situation where they keep coming up with better, faster and more hp...trying to be top dawg...

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
yes...let's hope nissan and toyota start duking it trying to 1 up each other. competition is good.

similar to the ford/chevy/dodge situation where they keep coming up with better, faster and more hp...trying to be top dawg...

Nissan had several years to leap frog the first new Supra. Supra has already leap frogged itself from 20-2021 Feels like Nissan just took a frozen left over lasagna out of the freezer and stuck it in the microwave

I’m no Toyota fan Boi. Never owned one before this But the president of Toyota has shown amazing commitment to making many different GR and “racy” vehicles. Unless Nissan steps up the Nismo will come out and be even with the 2020 Supra and Supra has continued on and it competing with a higher segment

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I really hope the fuel cut prob isnt in the nismo if we ever get to that point with the way thing are rolling out here