BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Lol. Are you tuned @Loco38SUP? I’m definitely not Scat Pack hunting in my stock Supra. Those things are like 700 hp or something right? Don’t know much about Dodges.

But yeah the Z is fine for what it is. Still a great looker with a solid drivetrain…. But I don’t want to pay $10-15k markups for it.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Lol. Are you tuned @Loco38SUP? I’m definitely not Scat Pack hunting in my stock Supra. Those things are like 700 hp or something right? Don’t know much about Dodges.

But yeah the Z is fine for what it is. Still a great looker with a solid drivetrain…. But I don’t want to pay $10-15k markups for it.
scat pack man lol i think u can u mean hellcat prob

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Nah, you're thinking of the Hellcat/Demon. The Scat Pack is just an R/T (485HP isn't nothing, but it weighs so bloody much) so the MKV Supra would generally own one in most launches.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
ROFL sorry guys. I literally know nothing about dodges. Scat pack/hellcat/demon - that shit sounds intimidating to me and figured they had some ridiculous 5 mpg Hemi in there or something. But got it - I’ll look into dodges.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer

Scat Packs are rated at 485 hp and weigh 4385 LBS.

My stock turbo 6-port is at 623 wtq with just a downpipe, tune and corn juice. 😁

-RJM

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Dodge 101

R/T aka Lil' Hemi: 5.7L, 370hp/410tq

392/ScatPack/Daytona: 6.4L, 485hp/475hp

Hellcat: 6.2L Supercharged, 707hp/650tq

Hellcat Red-eye/Jailbreak: 6.2L Supercharged, 797hp/707tq

Demon: 6.2L Supercharged, 840hp/770tq

Ghoul aka the Swan Song: 1000hp?

Weights
4,415 lbs Challenger (Coupe)
4,586 lbs Charger (Sedan)

Weight is the great equalizer with these cars. My 370Z took R/Ts no problem but got reeled in by Big Hemis

My Z4 was fine until it came across kittycats......BMW Turbo 6s can hold their own on the street (when they fuckin run right) make no mistake.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Scat Packs are rated at 485 hp and weigh 4385 LBS.

My stock turbo 6-port is at 623 wtq with just a downpipe, tune and corn juice. 😁

-RJM
Right now i got intake exhaust , im looking at the active autoworks catted DP since that one doesnt throw a code and the JB4 for now till someone steals the tech from the russians lol

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I enjoyed the video but it just doesnt change anything for me. I do not fucking care that a supra is 2 seconds faster on a track ill NEVER go on. Im just not interested in a BMW.

Z is still a winner for me. I'll wait for greedy dealers to fuck off, go buy one, and enjoy the hell out of it during my casual ass driving.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
... and they can't see any amount of tuning, turbo kit and/or cracking the engine open, helping the 86 be as quick as either the BMW or the Z.
They're fucking stupid if they think that.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
yeah but i guess VR38 swap is really the way to go to punish supras. Fosberg already did that, i wonder if they gonna produce engine mounts for the Z
So you are going to take a brand new engine out and throw away?

none of the Supras are sitting still either. Has been so easy to mod and add power I honestly don’t know many with under 500 hp personally
Nah, you're thinking of the Hellcat/Demon. The Scat Pack is just an R/T (485HP isn't nothing, but it weighs so bloody much) so the MKV Supra would generally own one in most launches.

i have eaten so many SCAT I think word has gotten out around our little town. Easy pickings and they no longer Rev at me

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
The Z's softer suspension gets noticed more with stickier rubber, a set of coilovers is definitely needed. Brakes also need help, not sure how much more can be done w the Akebonos, but Brembos or Stoptechs will cure that. But that fuel cutoff at half tank is way disappointing and might be the game changer for me. As a street car though, the Z is the best here. Good analysis.

Now, the manual Supra comparison, let's see.. That B58 is awesome out of the box.
The 370 has the same fuel cutoff problem. It's due to the "saddle bag" gas tank design. It's only apparent on high-speed sweeping right turns. I've never noticed the issue in my 370 flying through mountain passes, such as Sitgreaves Pass on Old US 66 in Arizona. Z1 Motorsports sells a kit for $550 to take care of the issue which supposedly works well.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Kudos on the vid lads.

Can someone more knowledgeable in the matter than I, explain to me why Toyota/BMW settle for the advertised 382HP when it's substantially higher?

What's the thought process behind that?

Pretty full on hearing the Supras power plant being pushed to 650hp without a sweat broken but anything over 550hp for the Z (I'll have to rewatch to confirm) being a gamble as old mate Tuner said.

But the Supras visibility and liveability in general don't do much for me. Nor does the disconnect as far as driver input and vehicle response.

Still feeling the Z is the go. I'm no pro driver and achieving results at the very boundaries of performance just won't apply to me personally.
550HP in a rear-wheel drive car like the Z is too much anyway.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, but that's missing loads of context.

In this situation, with the (admittedly small) upgrades they made to it, the GR86 was closer to the Z's track time than the Z was to the Supra's. Let's not generalize it to say that the cars are even in the same stratosphere in terms of speed and acceleration - they even say as much like 30 seconds later. I think that what West Aussie was referencing, there.
Exactly