First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
The Ford Focus RS MSRP when it first came out was $36k. Dealership were charging $10k+ over msrp. Every potential buyer pretty much passed over it and bought a STi or Type R. Only the hardcore fans bought it or someone who had money bought it and then traded it in for something else because of the ride quality.

i see Nissan doing the same thing, the demographics for a two door sportscar is already slim. The people who can afford the $40k+ price tag will not be able to or willing to purchase the Z with high mark ups. Eventually, the Focus was discontinued due to poor sales. I see the Z being discontinued as well with poor sales, not due to potential buyers, but greedy Stealership .

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
The Ford Focus RS MSRP when it first came out was $36k. Dealership were charging $10k+ over msrp. Every potential buyer pretty much passed over it and bought a STi or Type R. Only the hardcore fans bought it or someone who had money bought it and then traded it in for something else because of the ride quality.

i see Nissan doing the same thing, the demographics for a two door sportscar is already slim. The people who can afford the $40k+ price tag will not be able to or willing to purchase the Z with high mark ups. Eventually, the Focus was discontinued due to poor sales. I see the Z being discontinued as well with poor sales, not due to potential buyers, but greedy Stealership .
So true. Nissan had better handle this right, including dealer smackdowns by any means they can. I long for the day all car companies sell direct, like Tesla. Karma's a beotch, Mr. Salesman.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
When the Toyota MR2 Spyder came out in 2000 at $24.5k, there were stories out of CA that a store was doing, and at least one person paid, $10k over.

That didn't last long. And, only 2,500 a year were imported for each of about five years.

So, chill. Nissan will do nothing as they're only a manufacturer. Dealers today are more aware of public perception.