Please add ventilated seats to the performance package ….

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda beater
Out of interest how long do they take to cool?
Is it like your AC that takes time to work or is it instantaneous
If it takes time I don’t see the appeal because by the time it works your AC has cooled the whole cabin.
Being from West Aus we have some of the driest hottest summers …Christmas ever was 41 degrees Celsius last year ?
first time I tried cooled seats, it felt like I wet myself.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I don't know if its because my car is getting older (16GT), but it takes about 5 minutes to feel anything now. It sure seemed to cool quicker the first few years after I got it. But when I test drove a couple Challengers, those seats cooled almost instantly and you could feel more airflow.
My friend's 2 Cadillacs are both low-mileage 2015s. It would not surprise me if something is getting clogged up. I have heard some cars have a filter in the seat blower assembly, may want to see about that on your car

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
My friend's 2 Cadillacs are both low-mileage 2015s. It would not surprise me if something is getting clogged up. I have heard some cars have a filter in the seat blower assembly, may want to see about that on your car
I don't think there is any kind of filter for the Mustang seats. There has been a lot of issues with the cooled seats in these in the past. It sounds like it may be the control module plug or a fuse. The apps on my SYNC 3 recently quit working too. I'm not too worried about these minor issues at this point though as my 1320 should be coming in any day now and don't think they will impact the tentative trade in value the Dodge dealer gave me and I don't think it will be worth paying money out of pocket to get them fixed at this point. I'm more worried about the curb rash on a couple of my wheels and some of the rock chips and bubbles in the paint that he probably doesn't know about yet or couldn't see from the photos. I was planning on about 20k equity in trade since he quoted me 26.5k and I only owe about 6.5k right now. If they end up giving me a grand or two less I will probably still go through with it, but any more than that I may walk since I really like the looks of the production Z and am now thinking I should have waited. I did put down a 1k deposit too so will have to find out if I can get that back if they do end up low-balling the trade amount. I'm not really sure what the laws are regarding the deposit, but it sounds like its really hard to get it back unless there is a significant reason or a screw up with the order or something.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I don't think there is any kind of filter for the Mustang seats. There has been a lot of issues with the cooled seats in these in the past. It sounds like it may be the control module plug or a fuse.
Lexus ventillated/cooled seats also have issues as they age slightly.
This is why I am so against these kinds of seats in the Z. If they are offered as an option, fine. I would definitely option my Z without cooled seats, and wish luck to anyone who buys them. I will definitely be keeping the Z a long time, and I would fully expect cooled seats to eventually fail to operate properly.

Ventillated/cooled seats have special foam inserts and seat covers that are designed to have holes in them for the air to pass through. As you know, over time those holes will deform and/or get plugged up, and obviously the seat fan isn't that powerful and can not force air through deformed/collapsed/clogged holes in the foam and/or seat cover. In the Fords, the connector or fuse going bad may be because the fan is overloading trying to blow air through clogged seats.
When I was reading the stories about Lexus issues, it generally only occurs after warranty, and most people were 2nd+ owners, looking for "quick, easy and cheap" ways to fix the seats. No one dares to have Lexus quote the repair to those seats.

Doesn't matter to someone not planning on keeping the car for more than a few years. Should matter to those of us planning on keeping the car indefinitely.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Lexus ventillated/cooled seats also have issues as they age slightly.
This is why I am so against these kinds of seats in the Z. If they are offered as an option, fine. I would definitely option my Z without cooled seats, and wish luck to anyone who buys them. I will definitely be keeping the Z a long time, and I would fully expect cooled seats to eventually fail to operate properly.

Ventillated/cooled seats have special foam inserts and seat covers that are designed to have holes in them for the air to pass through. As you know, over time those holes will deform and/or get plugged up, and obviously the seat fan isn't that powerful and can not force air through deformed/collapsed/clogged holes in the foam and/or seat cover. In the Fords, the connector or fuse going bad may be because the fan is overloading trying to blow air through clogged seats.
When I was reading the stories about Lexus issues, it generally only occurs after warranty, and most people were 2nd+ owners, looking for "quick, easy and cheap" ways to fix the seats. No one dares to have Lexus quote the repair to those seats.

Doesn't matter to someone not planning on keeping the car for more than a few years. Should matter to those of us planning on keeping the car indefinitely.
Over six yrs, maxima seats going strong…..