Sponsored

Ohlins Coilover Setup

OptionZero

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
350
Reaction score
276
Location
Norcal
Car(s)
2015 370Z Nismo
Mine are at 14k. My son went over all the numbers and says the same, borderline but the same. Also depends on valving, the rears are very tight. 10 clicks from firm to keep some form of dampening. Will add another 3 or 4 once the fronts and spring length are figured out.

my main problem is spring length and adjustability in the rear. Cannot go lower and keep the springs captivated.

I left SakeBomb another msg noting the spring rate when explaining my spring length problems.
It kinds sounds like Sakebomb should get one of these cars in-hand and sort out some finer details
 

RSS

Active Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
May 23, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
Indy
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Z
I was under the impression an employee had one now. My biggest gripe is never being able to get a hold of somebody or get semi quick answers To questions. I admit my first set up was done wrong but actually was spot on to what I have now, so same problems.
I spent some time on the phone with my son (he was in the race industry and now teaches this stuff) going over everything after the fact and he’s a little confused by things. Hopefully next week he can stop by and just recheck everything for me Just to verify what he is seeing.
 

Suzuyabot

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dante
Joined
Oct 9, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
68
Reaction score
44
Location
PNW
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo
@Suzuyabot did your clunk in the rear go away? I am wondering if you have the same spring lengths as me and when the shop lowered yours the spring is coming off the perch when in droop.
Unfortunately the clunk is still there. I’m not sure about the spring length and the kit was already preloaded when it arrived. But I’m taking the car to shop for toe arms and endlinks with an alignment check first next week so I can check for stuffs. For the spring rates, they are saying they have different specs for springs and valving for nismo. But I don’t know any more details.
 

RSS

Active Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
May 23, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
Indy
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Z
Yes they do, but spring length should be the same. Not knowing what your spring length is You might want to Jack up the rear of the vehicle to lift wheels off the ground and see if you can freely move the spring side to side some. It might be coming off the perch or your retainer ring between the helper spring and main spring. That would definitely make a clunking noise. Just a thought.
 
 






Top